All reviews great location handicap accessible room the wi fi college visit campus desk union alumni michigan
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The Inn at the Michigan League has perhaps the best location in Ann Arbor of any hotel, smack dab in the middle of campus. The location alone merits it a decent TripAdvisor rating.

The student employees are very nice. During my stay, they all seemed quite conscientious and interested in doing their jobs well.

The best way I can think of to describe the facilities is that my room reminded me of visiting my grandma when I was a kid. The room smelled faintly of disuse (clean but musty), and was furnished with older pieces just like Grandma had. It was comfortable enough (just like Grandma's place!). In a way it's a very comforting environment but it's definitely not like staying in a typical commercial hotel.

The big issue I had with the Inn is that it is an active student center as well as a hotel. So I found myself kept awake past 11 by a swing dancing event on the first night of my stay, and navigating through crowds of students on each entrance and exit.

I also think there's an opportunity for the Inn to appear to have more amenities than it does. They did give me a breakfast coupon that netted me a delicious oatmeal and coffee breakfast in the Union cafe, but they could easily pull together a list of other campus resources that would help them mimic the comforts of a commercial hotel. For example, university alumni and affiliates can use the nearby student gym for a small fee, but the Union doesn't make that information available. This kind of information is an easy opportunity.

I probably won't stay in the League again, because I don't mind a slightly longer commute to campus in exchange for a bit more comfort. But if location is your top concern, you won't do better than the League.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank amyboston24
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My husband had an event in another part of the campus, and he selected this hotel so that I could easily enjoy the city. I was able to walk to nice restaurants, shops, coffee, yoga, basically anything you would want.

The hotel's price is very reasonable but it's basic - if you are used to big fancy chain hotels, this is not it. But it met my needs, the wi-fi was fast, and there was good and free coffee at the desk outside our room. It's old and quaint. The staff was very friendly and nice. I would stay there again because the city is so lovely and right outside your door.

NOTE: If you are traveling with older people or have mobility issues, get a handicap accessible room or see if you can request a walk-on shower, because like a lot of older hotels, the tub shower is very tall and hard to get into.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shepherdess903
Jessica K, Manager at Inn at the Michigan League, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your visit and for your positive review of the Inn at the Michigan League. We are very glad that you stayed with us and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This is not a full service hotel, but is in a great location; has clean, well-appointed rooms and a friendly staff. Wasn't too noisy when I stayed there, but they didn't appear to be booked solid. I think that the "concierge/front desk" closed down between midnight and 7am - wasn't a big deal since they informed me of that up front and were very knowledgeable. Room was clean, comfortable bed, two TV's, etc. The "desk" wasn't really much more than a shelf that was about 6" too high.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WaterGuyDeepSouth
Jessica K, Manager at Inn at the Michigan League, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I left a msg re availability on graduation week. Kelsey returned my call w/in 15 min. They were fully booked. She was nice enough to give me names of places who might possibly have a room and even did a google search for me. Kelsey was most helpful, pleasant, and professional!

Yes, I made reservations well in advance w/Airbnb and they cancelled on me.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy_C_inOrinda
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I arrived at the Inn after a long day of travel, and was surprised to find an empty check-in desk with a little sign indicating that the concierge would be back in a few minutes. I commenced to wait for 53 minutes before someone showed up. Amusingly, all calls to the hotel phone number rang directly to the phone at the empty desk in front of me.

It boggles my mind that an institution purporting to be a hotel could leave the desk completely unstaffed for (at least) an hour. What a disaster.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business