All reviews stayed here room was clean hot tub budget hotel fridge and microwave briarwood mall wi fi would stay here again bagels hard boiled eggs big house red roof inn shuttle service coffee maker football weekend complimentary breakfast convenient location
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We had a short stay at this hotel {less than 12 hours}, and I was quite impressed considering the rate. The lobby was clean and fresh looking, our room was clean, and very comfortable. Had a microwave, and a mini fridge along with the general room staples {coffee maker, ironing board, etc}. I assumed for $89 this would be a subpar hotel, and it wasn't. The only thing stopping me from giving this hotel 5 stars was the pool. The pool itself was ok, water temp was on the cool side, but not unbearable for my 7 yr old. I was looking forward to sitting in the hot tub but the water was milky looking, and the temp of the water was luke warm IF THAT. I thought maybe because it hadn't been turned on in a bit that it needed a cycle or two to warm {turn the knob to 15 min}. I came back after about 30 min and there was no change to water color {still very milky} and temp was still luke warm. Other then the pool/hot tub being a bust I would still come back here and stay if needed to.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
connie b, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites University South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for sharing some great feedback, we appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Hotel was average and room was a little tight but very clean. Very good location as within a few miles of Michigan Stadium and they offered shuttle service to and from game for a small fee. Also, very large indoor mall directly across the street so plenty to do within walking distance

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I am a retired USAF Master Sergeant. My wife and I just returned from a 12 day trip throughout our great country. All 12 days and nights we stayed at Choice brand hotels. Our first night was at Comfort Inn and Suites atmAnn Arbor Michigan. Our stay at this location was going well until we had departed Michigan enroute to anaother Comfort Inn in Minesota. While on our way to our next stay I realized I had forgotten a precious hat my children and grand children had presented me upon my retirement. I immediately called the Ann Arbor location and asked to speak to the Hotel Manager. The associate who answered the phone initially told me the Manager was tied up and couldn’t come to the phone. Due to the importance of this hat to me I persisted. At that time the associate responded to tell me the Manager was in fact not in the hotel. Reluctantly I explained my situation to this associate. She took my number and told me she would check with housekeeping. After a short time this associate called me and informed me that she had possession of my hat. I asked if it could be mailed to my home in New York. After checking with someone, I assume the Manager, I was told my hat could be mailed to me ONLY if I agreed to provide a credit card to pay the $13+ postage. I reluctantly agreed. After twenty plus years in retail management, I was appalled that I was being charged, my hat being held hostage until I paid this postage fee. Please take a moment and put yourself in my position. In my management years I would NEVER require a customer to pay to facilitate my providing great customer service. Would you...?

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank John L
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I come to Ann Arbor quite a bit for work, and dollar for dollar I cannot find a better hotel. I have stayed many times and continue to return. This hotel is clean, has comfortable beds, and clean showers. They have breakfast in the morning, and while it’s very basic, it’s still nice to grab something hot and a cup of coffee before heading out in the morning.

Hotel is near shopping and plenty of places to eat. Every time I have dealt with any of the staff it has been pleasant.

Unless you plan on spending significantly more money for a hotel stay, this is the place to be.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Working in town and have tried a new hotel each week. Was pleasantly surprised with comfort inn.
Very friendly staff, quiet hotel, good location, hot complimentary breakfast, large tv in the room.
I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017