“Ok place for a night- needs some updating and such”

Comfort Inn & Suites University South
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Was a bit apprehensive upon checking in, front desk guy was checking in an elderly man & desk guy seemed a bit irritated at elderly man, but I didn't see entire transaction so unaware of things previous to my arrival. Pleasant enough with me. Room was decent, clean, 1st floor, older hotel, could use some updating, but otherwise ok. Noisy shared pool and fitness area with other hotel, kids gone amuck when we went there, didn't stay in pool or fitness area. Convenient location, hubby had breakfast, said it was like "normal". Fridge wasn't plugged in or working in room (good thing we didn't bring food back to hotel to put in there- would have been spoiled!) We got handicapped room, large bathroom, needs hand assist rail for getting in and out of shower, and poor design of entry way to room with lighting. Flip the one switch and turns on 4 lights by door and over sink and sink not in bathroom, is outside bathroom by door to room. Didn't make sense for the layout.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We had a short stay at this hotel {less than 12 hours}, and I was quite impressed considering the rate. The lobby was clean and fresh looking, our room was clean, and very comfortable. Had a microwave, and a mini fridge along with the general room staples {coffee maker, ironing board, etc}. I assumed for $89 this would be a subpar hotel, and it wasn't. The only thing stopping me from giving this hotel 5 stars was the pool. The pool itself was ok, water temp was on the cool side, but not unbearable for my 7 yr old. I was looking forward to sitting in the hot tub but the water was milky looking, and the temp of the water was luke warm IF THAT. I thought maybe because it hadn't been turned on in a bit that it needed a cycle or two to warm {turn the knob to 15 min}. I came back after about 30 min and there was no change to water color {still very milky} and temp was still luke warm. Other then the pool/hot tub being a bust I would still come back here and stay if needed to.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
connie b, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites University South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for sharing some great feedback, we appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Hotel was average and room was a little tight but very clean. Very good location as within a few miles of Michigan Stadium and they offered shuttle service to and from game for a small fee. Also, very large indoor mall directly across the street so plenty to do within walking distance

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I am a retired USAF Master Sergeant. My wife and I just returned from a 12 day trip throughout our great country. All 12 days and nights we stayed at Choice brand hotels. Our first night was at Comfort Inn and Suites atmAnn Arbor Michigan. Our stay at this location was going well until we had departed Michigan enroute to anaother Comfort Inn in Minesota. While on our way to our next stay I realized I had forgotten a precious hat my children and grand children had presented me upon my retirement. I immediately called the Ann Arbor location and asked to speak to the Hotel Manager. The associate who answered the phone initially told me the Manager was tied up and couldn’t come to the phone. Due to the importance of this hat to me I persisted. At that time the associate responded to tell me the Manager was in fact not in the hotel. Reluctantly I explained my situation to this associate. She took my number and told me she would check with housekeeping. After a short time this associate called me and informed me that she had possession of my hat. I asked if it could be mailed to my home in New York. After checking with someone, I assume the Manager, I was told my hat could be mailed to me ONLY if I agreed to provide a credit card to pay the $13+ postage. I reluctantly agreed. After twenty plus years in retail management, I was appalled that I was being charged, my hat being held hostage until I paid this postage fee. Please take a moment and put yourself in my position. In my management years I would NEVER require a customer to pay to facilitate my providing great customer service. Would you...?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank John L
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I come to Ann Arbor quite a bit for work, and dollar for dollar I cannot find a better hotel. I have stayed many times and continue to return. This hotel is clean, has comfortable beds, and clean showers. They have breakfast in the morning, and while it’s very basic, it’s still nice to grab something hot and a cup of coffee before heading out in the morning.

Hotel is near shopping and plenty of places to eat. Every time I have dealt with any of the staff it has been pleasant.

Unless you plan on spending significantly more money for a hotel stay, this is the place to be.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business