All reviews big boy hardwood floors front desk discounted breakfast room was clean free breakfast fire pit granola bars off the highway parking lot easy access budget hotel non smoking mini fridge would stay here again the general manager ice machine
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Every time we visit this place, we are never disappointed. Between Sarah, who was SO helpful with confirming our accommodations when we were en route, and the reception we always get from Vanessa and everyone else at the front desk, it is a pleasure to stay here. We utilize the Big Boy restaurant next door, where their manager is simply the best at making sure things happen the way they're supposed to! Close enough to downtown Ann Arbor, and simple enough to jump on the X-way if need be, we have been here more times than we can count when visiting A2.......clean room, comfortable bed, great service, fridge/microwave and proximity to the restaurant make this place a keeper.

Room tip: Go for the deluxe room to get more room and fridge/microwave
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Ann Arbor - U of Michigan North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful 5 star review on Trip Advisor. I will be to let Sarah, Vanessa and the rest of my staff know of your wonderful comments about them. I am so happy to hear you like our location and the attached Big Boy restaurant. I really appreciate you staying with us when you are in Ann Arbor and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I have stayed at Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor North many times.....The General Manager, Jeff Hernandez, is a GREAT guy, very friendly and helpful. The staff at the front desk is also awesome, I have dealt with Sarah many times, she is excellent. Overall a good experience, a good location for U of M games, breakfast coupons for the Frisch's Big Boy next door and many other advantages.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Ann Arbor - U of Michigan North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor about your stay. I appreciate the nice comments about myself and will be sure to let Sarah know your comment about her as well. It's so good to hear you like our location and have had good experiences with us. I really look forward to your next visit to see us here in Ann Arbor at The Red Roof Plus+.

Regards,

Jeff Hernandez - Area manager

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a U of M game weekend. Got a deal from Hotwire for a HOTEL room for $159 for a time "worth $250". When we got here, our room was outside on the second floor. Guess it was a good thing that we could get our bags up the stairs. When we opened the door we were very disappointed to see that it was quite tiny. Smaller than a basic cruise ship stateroom! The sink isn't even inside the bathroom. Our getaway weekend felt more like an emergency overnight trip. If you're looking for an expensive motel, this is it!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Ann Arbor - U of Michigan North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your candid feedback. I'm sorry we were unable to exceed your expectations. It sounds like you may have booked our smallest room, and I would like to let you know we have larger rooms with micro/fridges, irons & ironing boards as well as having premium rooms with an upgrading bedding package, snack box and more. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Sarah I absolutely fantastic. She always greet guest with smile. This is my favorite hotel. She always make sure I get the best rate, and will even recommend other RR hotels in area if her hotel is sold out.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Ann Arbor - U of Michigan North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am happy to hear Sarah takes good care of you and we are your favorite hotel. I will be sure to share your post with Sarah and the rest of our team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting family and were pleased with the accommodation. The room was clean and equipped with microwave and fridge. Lots of places to plug in our chargers. The staff was friendly. Big boys next door was convenient for breakfast. We will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Ann Arbor - U of Michigan North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and my staff was friendly and your room was clean. I hope you enjoyed your visit with family as well. It's great to hear you will stay with us again when coming back to Ann Arbor.