All reviewsthe henry ford museumpink palacepackage dealpool areahot tubbit datedan older hoteldetroit areafree shuttleshuttle servicenice poolgreat place to stayeasy accessoff the highwayvery nice hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulfitness center
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Staff was excellent. Food was excellent. First room dusty had an odor, and bath tub plugged and no shower curtain. Second room was wonderful. Excellent Will stay again. Pool was excellent. Staff excellent

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this "EXCELLENT" review. We sure do appreciate how many times you rated us that and love to hear it! I do apologize about your first room, obviously there was an error in our system that caused us to let us assign that room somehow. Thank you again for your wonderful review and hope to see you back real soon so we can wow you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Got a great online deal so decided to take a chance and stay here. Older hotel, reminded me of places that I stayed at as a kid. Our room was clean. Awesome woodwork everywhere, you won't find this in a new hotel. My daughter would call the neighborhood "sketchy" but we are from the country. Definitely plenty of security options like needing a room key to get into the hotel and it appears they could close the parking lot gates at night (we were not out past dark to see). We stayed one night to visit the Henry Ford and it was the perfect cheap in-and-out option for that.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We are glad you found us for your visit to the area and the Henry Ford complex. Thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of the room and our unique features of the hotel. We are in a safe neighborhood, however, most hotels do have the same standard security measures as we do for our guests. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My stay was so-so. First room was not good with a horrible smell that would not go away. I was given a new room by a nice lady at the desk however the head of housekeeping was not nice about it and seemed put-out by my complaint. I got no sense of her wanting to assist me with the issue. My second room was fine and appeared clean. The restaurant food was okay, nothing amazing but not horrible. We did get some under cooked food once but the waitress got us new food that was fine. My biggest complain regarding the restaurant was the waiting. Getting a table and getting orders placed took forever. I got the impression that they were short staffed although the person who I thought was the hostess ignored quite a few people waiting for a table so I'm not sure what her job function was. Overall I'd go with 3 stars. Not the worse place I've stayed but far from the best. It was convenient to be close to the Henry Ford Museum which was our destination and the free shuttle was handy as long as you asked for a return ride well in advance of when you wanted to head back.

Room Tip: Third floor room looked more updated then the first floor room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations in many aspects of your stay. I am glad to hear that most of your issues were resolved but we definitely want to get it right first and foremost from the start. I can assure you this is not the norm for us and thank you for bringing these problems to our attention so we can work on providing the best customer service for all of our guests. We hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you that we are always striving to improve and will.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed two nights in this hotel recently. The shuttle service to and from the airport was excellent. They will also provide shuttle service to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village which is a real plus. The rooms seemed a bit dated to me. The early American décor reminded me of my mother's parlor. The rooms also seemed very dark with tan walls and dark brown accent walls. They need to update the décor. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were a bit lumpy. There is an onsite restaurant which has a nice selection and a very affordable breakfast buffet. The restaurant staff was especially friendly and helpful. There is also an onsite coin laundry which I find very helpful when traveling.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you with our shuttle service to/from the airport and The Henry Ford and thank you for the compliments on that. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the restaurant and especially about the staff, that is great to hear. We hope you will be back to experience our old world charm with modern day conveniences again.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was no working hot tub. The pool is heated but was often full of unsupervised teens. The décor is lovely. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. A free continental breakfast is not available but there is a restaurant located inside.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. Thank you for your compliments on the rooms and the décor. I apologize about the pool, we do our best to monitor that area. We sincerely appreciate your great comments on the staff. We hope you will be back to visit our lovely hotel again soon!