“Wonderful Stay and Staff”

Best Western Greenfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Allen Park
Reviewed 15 August 2017

You can read more of my reviews and of our trips at 'TravelPhotosnFood.com'

We were on a 3,000 motorcycle ride and chose the Best Western Greenfield Inn for it's location near some places we wanted to visit. Upon arriving and just our luck we found a bus unloading and numerous people in the lobby. Check-in went pretty quickly and I was greeted by a smiling face and friendly conversation. After parking and unloading our things we headed to the room. The hallway was clean and fresh smelling. Upon entering the room it was large. Everything was clean and fresh looking. The bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. They even had a massage chair in the room. After cleaning up we went down to the restaurant at the hotel for a few drinks and a snack. The waitress was friendly and the mozzarella sticks were good. We headed back to our room for a quite and comfortable nights sleep.
The next morning we went back to the restaurant for breakfast which is not included and completely separate cost. We both ordered the Corn Flake encrusted Wheat French Toast with the low sugar syrup and hashbrowns, orange juice and coffee. The French toast was very good.
When we went to leave the hotel I discovered my battery had died. It was getting kind of weak but I was keeping my fingers crossed it would last the remainder of our trip. My wife went back inside and the front desk said they would send someone right away to assist us. Nick, the chief engineer at the hotel arrived and tried to start my motorcycle. Due to the battery placement it was very hard to find a good connection and we were unsuccessful. I asked Nick where was a close location to get a battery and he got one of their shuttle vans and took us to a battery warehouse not far from the hotel to get a replacement. When we got back to the hotel he made sure everything was Ok and we were good to go.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included but the restuarnt has great choices
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hello Steven P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this wonderfully detailed review. We are so glad you chose us on your journey and sounds like we met your expectations and more. We sincerely appreciate your compliments starting at the front desk to the rooms to the restaurant. We are so happy to hear that we were able to assist you as well in your unfortunate situation with the battery. We hope you will be back and visit us on your next adventure!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Staff was excellent. Food was excellent. First room dusty had an odor, and bath tub plugged and no shower curtain. Second room was wonderful. Excellent Will stay again. Pool was excellent. Staff excellent

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this "EXCELLENT" review. We sure do appreciate how many times you rated us that and love to hear it! I do apologize about your first room, obviously there was an error in our system that caused us to let us assign that room somehow. Thank you again for your wonderful review and hope to see you back real soon so we can wow you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Got a great online deal so decided to take a chance and stay here. Older hotel, reminded me of places that I stayed at as a kid. Our room was clean. Awesome woodwork everywhere, you won't find this in a new hotel. My daughter would call the neighborhood "sketchy" but we are from the country. Definitely plenty of security options like needing a room key to get into the hotel and it appears they could close the parking lot gates at night (we were not out past dark to see). We stayed one night to visit the Henry Ford and it was the perfect cheap in-and-out option for that.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We are glad you found us for your visit to the area and the Henry Ford complex. Thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of the room and our unique features of the hotel. We are in a safe neighborhood, however, most hotels do have the same standard security measures as we do for our guests. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My stay was so-so. First room was not good with a horrible smell that would not go away. I was given a new room by a nice lady at the desk however the head of housekeeping was not nice about it and seemed put-out by my complaint. I got no sense of her wanting to assist me with the issue. My second room was fine and appeared clean. The restaurant food was okay, nothing amazing but not horrible. We did get some under cooked food once but the waitress got us new food that was fine. My biggest complain regarding the restaurant was the waiting. Getting a table and getting orders placed took forever. I got the impression that they were short staffed although the person who I thought was the hostess ignored quite a few people waiting for a table so I'm not sure what her job function was. Overall I'd go with 3 stars. Not the worse place I've stayed but far from the best. It was convenient to be close to the Henry Ford Museum which was our destination and the free shuttle was handy as long as you asked for a return ride well in advance of when you wanted to head back.

Room Tip: Third floor room looked more updated then the first floor room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations in many aspects of your stay. I am glad to hear that most of your issues were resolved but we definitely want to get it right first and foremost from the start. I can assure you this is not the norm for us and thank you for bringing these problems to our attention so we can work on providing the best customer service for all of our guests. We hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you that we are always striving to improve and will.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed two nights in this hotel recently. The shuttle service to and from the airport was excellent. They will also provide shuttle service to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village which is a real plus. The rooms seemed a bit dated to me. The early American décor reminded me of my mother's parlor. The rooms also seemed very dark with tan walls and dark brown accent walls. They need to update the décor. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were a bit lumpy. There is an onsite restaurant which has a nice selection and a very affordable breakfast buffet. The restaurant staff was especially friendly and helpful. There is also an onsite coin laundry which I find very helpful when traveling.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary J, Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you with our shuttle service to/from the airport and The Henry Ford and thank you for the compliments on that. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the restaurant and especially about the staff, that is great to hear. We hope you will be back to experience our old world charm with modern day conveniences again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen Park
3.7 km away
Edward Hotel & Conference Center
4.8 km away
Courtyard Detroit Dearborn

Been to Best Western Greenfield Inn? Share your experiences!