Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 4 May
Priceline
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
No prepayment needed
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

This place isn't bad for the money. The rooms are small, and the bathrooms miniscule. The shower head in our bathroom was between the sink and the toilet, so you had to take trash can and toilet paper out to shower but the hot water was reliable so definite plus. Breakfast was standard bread and fruit, and they had kiwi jelly. Very nice break from the strawberry everyone else serves! At night there's a taco place downstairs, run by a guy from Mexico. Decent access to bus lines going elsewhere in the city.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

The Hostel is in an "OK" location i guess, only passed through. Perceived Oruro as pretty much the biggest dump between Cartagena and Uyuni. Weird things happen in this place, was in my room at night and suddenly the door opens and a guy with his kid steps in, he got the wrong key from the reception. place is run by volunteers pretty much. They were doing some renovations on the top floor when I was there the 2nd time. Sometimes you have to wait to get as the front door is always locked and you have to ring and wait for somebody to show which sometimes doesnt happen when theyre smoking on the roof. Rooms are "rustic" to pit nicely. Tiny kitchen(which i managed to flood after the drainpipe from the sink just popped off), barely big enough for 2 people to stand in. Breakfast is OK, the usual, Bread, Butter, Jam, Coffe, Coca Leaves. Its very cheap tough. Rooms could be cleaner tough.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Don't choose it. Dirty, wi-fi wasn't working, the bathroom was 1,5 m2, you have to take shower between the toilet and the shink. When we asked to ckeck out two hours later they told us that it's not possible because they have to clean, i suppose this was a joke no one is cleaning there. At last cats are everywhere in the rooms, licking your breakfast, scratching your bags.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I only stayed one night, that was enough. The downstairs dormitory was windowless, cold and dank. The tiny bathrooms door was hanging off its slide and the bathroom was filthy. You had to ask for a blanket to deal with the ice box temperatures in the room as only a single sheet was provided. The whole place had an air of neglect. There was a tiny kitchen but no refrigerator. The small outside terrace looked like a building site. Usual No!Iguana terrible WiFi. The staff were pretty friendly though and the guests seemed to make the most of it by partying every night apparently. Probably the only way to keep warm is to drink and dance into the early hours. Location close to the bus station makes it easy to escape in the morning if you haven't frozen to death during the night.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

There are few options in Oruro but Graciela was a good one! I had a lovely welcome from the French volunteers. I was originally booked into a dorm, and on Booking it's misleading as I had booked a female dorm but was told on arrival that they only have mixed dorms. It seemed that the volunteers were living in one dorm, and there are only two dorms, which is perhaps why.
I moved to a private, which was still great value as it had its own bathroom and TV.
The location is good (walkable from the bus station and train station), breakfast was also good and the wifi was reliable. I loved the free walking tour that they run every day. I was the only person on it the day I was there but the guide still took me around the city and it was a great way to get to learn more about the history and culture of Oruro. If I ever come back to Oruro I'll be back at Graciela!

Date of stay: December 2017