Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I have no idea why anyone would make Oruro their destination but alas if you find yourself here then this hotel will at least provide a base level of comfort. The hotel isn't quite bad, its clean at least and reasonably well kept. The stars on the sign out the front are simply for cosmetic purposes though.
When checking in ensure to ask whether the room has any teepee paper and soap as they sometimes dont refill it and you will be doing the mad dash to reception later.
The room itself was passable, not really comfortable but you can smoke in the room. Admittedly the first hotel room I have been in a long long time where you can sit back and light up in the room. Windows open up onto other buildings so you can air it out reasonably good.
The shower and ensuite are basic. As with a lot of places now they have those electric attachments for instant hot water on the shower head itself so just make sure its turned on full or else you will be waiting forever or have a dribble of a shower - or both.
I didn't have dinner here, the food I did eat in town was disgusting so maybe I should have. I did check breakfast out and all I had was coffee and a plate of scrambled eggs - no toast or anything. Milk is so rare across bolivia so be prepared for a lot of black coffees using those Nescafe little packet 'coffee for one' things.
Nothing special, certainly nothing fancy, would I stay here again if for some crazy reason I find myself here... probably have no choice. Enjoy!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank friedlock
Reviewed 7 August 2016

That rating must have been from 50 years ago. Quite a strange place in a city with the most horrible traffic. Avoid the city entirely if possible. As to hotel itself. Elevator only stops between floors. First room was small and had heat blasting. When asked about controlling the temperature we were told that the heat was automatic and the only control was opening windows. Unfortunately the window opened inwardly directly over one of the beds AND it opened into the hallway not the outside. Luckily we were changed to a room without heat that was much larger. It had a lounge area with some not too comfortable furniture and what appeared to be a small food prep area. The hot water did work ok and the Wi-Fi was good once established.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Its clean . The rooms are basic but comfortable enough. Hot water works if you wait 2 mnutes. Wifi works spasmodically. So does the elevator. Breakfast is ok..nothing startling but sufficient. Parking is in the building opposite which is a plus as parking in Oruro is horrendous. Reception is friendly and prompt.Single room with a double bed is reasonably priced but a double room is overpriced. By the way the hotel name is GRAN SUCRE HOTEL...it was probably grand 50 years ago.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed as part of a motorbike tour. First impressions were reasonable as the reception area and dining room are kinda cool in an outdated way.

My initial impression of the room was not good but itt kinda grew on me and by the time we left I was getting quite fond of the place.

The staff were very friendly ans although the hotel is a bit tired it is clean amd quite comfortable.

You could do worse !

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jameshV2578BF
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Had to stay one night because better choice was being remodeled. Hotel was safe, warm, had elevator, had good hot shower, but a dark building. Has a resturant for buffet breakfast. Seems to have had its glory days a number of years ago.

Date of stay: July 2015