“I would skip the lamb. ”
Review of Nayjama

Nayjama
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Oruro
Price range: AU$9 - AU$22
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

I was the only one there. I read about the lamb. I’m not a fan of that type. But tried it anyway. The salsa was excellent. But I’d likely opt for a local less expensive place next time. Didn’t like the salad. Geez. I’m not high maintenance. Go small and local here I think. At the market maybe.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed 1 April 2019

I reckon this place serves the best lamb in the world. I've been there many times and each time its great. The restaurant is clean and modern; especially the toilets. The service is pretty good for Bolivia. The beer is cold. If you're a tourist is it worth going to Oruro just to eat at Nayjama? I'd say yes. Take 2 days and see some of the amazing sites of the city and eat lunch at Nayjama. Its expensive by Bolivian standards, but well worth it.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 1 January 2019

We ordered lamb and beef, we paid 60 bs each which is expensive for oruro, and the food was terrible, my friend ordered a milanesa and it was raw, also 60 bs for that, i dont know many other restaurants in Oruro but this was absolutely terrible.

FOR BOLIVIANS LIKE ME:
no vayan es una pena, carisimo y nada que ver con la fama que le dan, no vuelvo mas!
es un asalto!
y la atencion malisima, la senora que estaba de mesera no sabia ni responder simples preguntas sobre la comida.

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank Diego L
Reviewed 10 July 2018

When I was a kid my parents used to take me there almost everyday for lunch time. I don't recall ever having a complain about the food when I was a kid. The food was always delicious.

Last week I decided to go for lunch. They remodeled the place really nice and it looks a lot better than what it was before.

My food experience was the worst I had in Bolivia. I had tastier food in the local market for far less than what they charge. To me price is not an issue as long as the food is delicious. The entry was cold and the vegetables didn't taste fresh. The soup was salty and warm not hot like it should be. The main dish from what it looked it was a dish called "Chorrellana" a dish made with white rice and steak covered with saute onions and tomatoes. As soon as I got my plate the first thing I smelled was the smell of raw meet. My meet was fully cooked but that smell was very strong and was coming from my dish. The dessert was the only descent food I tried. It was chirimoya ice cream. Although it was the best dish from my visit it wasn't perfect.

Service - The service was very bad. The lady that served my food brought my dishes too early. My food got cold while I was still eating.

Would I ever go back to Nayjama again? I doubt it, although I had great times when I was a kid, I felt really disappointed at the service and the food. I tried other restaurants nearby and the food was way better than Nayjama and the price was less than as well.

I hope they get their act together and hire a new chef or bring back the old chef that used to cooked in the 90s. Back then I would've given then a 5 star rate!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

The best you can find in oruro it is clean it has a lot of plates you can choose from.. pricing is average and tipical plates great

Date of visit: December 2017