“just so - so”
Review of La Casona

La Casona
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Oruro
Reviewed 12 July 2015

It was an ok place, too much cheese in the food and not the kindest of service. The prices are high too and they attempted to overcharge me which I let go. The place is average but good for a Bolivian pizza. Go for Govinda's instead!

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 31 October 2014

Very surprised that the pizza was as good as it was. Look not NYC quality but still very enjoyable and tasty.

We would eat here again

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Pizza was pretty good, could have done with more than just a colouration of sauce. I was trying to decide whether there was any sauce on it at one point. Other than that it was pretty tasty, I've had some awful pizza bases in Bolivia but this one was half decent. Not sure where all the rave reviews have come from but considering the competition, maybe Bolivians are used to really crappy pizza as a standard.

No wine or beer, only Coke, Fanta or Sprite. Bit of a disappointment as I really wanted a glass of wine or at least a beer to go with the pizza.

The music wasn't really to my tastes as it was 90s pop (Britney Spears) or some romantic Latin American songs. Very happy it wasn't too loud so was able to block it out.

Opening hours for the evening are 1730 onwards during the week. Not sure about the mornings/lunchtimes.

All in all, would eat there again. I might be tempted to find some wine and bring it with me next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have tried pizzas all around the continent but this traditional place that has a touch of European has the best brick oven pizzas in the world. I have never tasted such a smooth flavor flavor of a big variety of combinations of pizzas. You wouldn't even believe that the mixtures of Flavors offered in this place would create such exotic combinations along with the jalapeño and soy sauce that generates a complete different texture. I'll definitely recommend this place as a 5 star. However, make sure you'll spend a good 2 hours there since the process of making every pizza is a little long.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I have been to this restaurant a number of times over the past 12 years. My most recent visit was last night (Sept 16 2012). The food here is excellent (saltenas in the morning and pizza in the evening). The service is great. The restaurant is usually filled with locals - from families to young couples on a date. The prices are reasonable (about 25-35 bolivianos for a personal sized (about 6 inch diameter) pizza. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for pizza or saltenas.

Date of visit: September 2012