We just came back from our stay at Castle in the Country. We have stayed at several bed and breakfasts before and were really disappointed here. The breakfast was probably the most disappointing-the bacon on the first day was so burnt, it was not edibile. The portion sizes were very skimpy and you had to get up to get your own coffee, tea, water. I have never heard of that before. We stopped at a coffee shop on the way home and had better service and food. I was under the impression that we were going to be pampered. Also, the whirlpool tub was quite small. I am not the smallest person in the world, but it just didn't seem like it was a double whirlpool, more like an oversized whirlpool for one. One other noteworthy concern-we did not have the same welcoming feeling that we have had at other b and bs. It seemed that the staff was a bit uptight. For the price this establishment charges, we will not be returning, even if there was a good discount. We really left feeling very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on 65 secluded acres at our Southwest Michigan bed and breakfast, with private lake and walking trails. Book romantic rooms and suites at our Michigan inn and spa with comfy King or Queen beds, whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, and Wi-Fi. Enjoy a full gourmet breakfast, indulge in our on-site spa and enjoy delicious dinners at our romantic Michigan getaway. If you are looking for an inn in Saugatuck area or a romantic Allegan hotel, escape to Castle in the Country B&B Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Castle in the Country Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Country Hotel Allegan
- Castle In The Country Bed And Breakfast Inn