“Awesome”

Al Muntaha
Ranked #449 of 10,296 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Arabic for 'The Ultimate' or 'The Top', Al Muntaha is a restaurant that lives up to its name. See Dubai stretched out in all its glory from the 27th floor, where the stunning views are matched only by the sumptuous menu.Sit back and let us delight you from the first course to the last. Each dish blends the best ingredients with innovation and style, resulting in a showcase of imaginative Modern European cuisine. Combined with the incredible location, it all comes together to create a dining experience fit for the top of the world.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is on the 27th floor at Burj Al Arab. The dining area is nicely decorated. Views of the skyline are magnificent. Staff are warm and friendly. We were greeted as soon as we entered. And promptly taken to our table next to the window.
Wait staff introduced himself as soon as we were seated. He handed out menus and explained dining choices. The wine menu is extensive; offering wines from many regions/countries. We chose the 6 course degustation menu. A selection of the best specialty dishes the restaurant offers. Each and every course was delicious! Fresh ingredients, seasoned just right and artfully presented. They complemented each other. Portions were just right for this 6 course dinner. They allowed enough time between courses to enjoy each dish. Service was excellent. Water and wine glasses were refilled as needed. Staff made sure we were well attended and needs anticipated. This is one experience to have when visiting Dubai. Awesome food, service and views!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I started to write a detailed description of our experience but the memory is too painful to recount.

We went to the Restaurant with a Guest but regretted to be at a place where a guest is answered as under:
1. We don't have Good viewing place and the first priority is our in-house guests for such tables!!!
Ok even though we mentioned prior @ the time of booking, specifically that we want a good view & we are with our guests & we don’t mind even to wait for good tables.
Hostess didn’t even tried to check or give an option to wait.
I understand your in-house guests are priority but you should use proper phrase or convincing phrase to make your guest understand, not offended!!!
2. Our server changed twice and the last one asked us to go for some steak kind after I explained him we are good eater & the food was really tasty but very less portion. On top of it, it was over charged!!
3. And lastly we are left unattended. It gives a feel like, you paid your bills & now we don’t need you In the restaurant anymore.
When we arrived we were attended by 4 people, in terms of sitting. When we done, it’s give a feel that you paid already & we don’t need you.
My guest struggled with her chair to push back because of the carpet.
Not Worth your Money especially with a Guest.

It is the worst place we have ever been to but they are located in the Burj al Arab. We didn’t find any hospitality their. Felt everyone is carrying their own ego & hostess downstairs was not aware of how many rooms property it is.
it's awfully expensive and the food is overpriced for pricey Five star hotels.

I read this sentence somewhere that :-
“ You Can Make Hotel Out Of Gold but If You Are Not Hospitable Then it’s Waste”
and I can absolutely relate this.

3  Thank Vivek T
Reviewed 2 April 2018

When you hear 7 star restaurant, it means you should be able to get any food item. Being in the middle east we wanted to have some ARABIC COFFEE''. To our surprise we could not, they did not have ARABIC COFFEE at this restaurant.

However the view is phenomenal. Food Not so much.........

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing visit to Al Muntaha restaurant with our important guests!
First of all I would like to share that we used to be very happy with Jumeirah group, as we have visited restaurants like Pierchik, Shimmers and The Beach before and were completely satisfied with their services and ambiance.

In case of Al Muntaha it was different. We went to Cheesecake Factory after that and realized that they are far better focused on their customers than in this al Muntaha!!

I have never left a negative review in my life and I do realize that this is not a Michelin starred restaurant but, I also think that you can expect some sort of standard & Courtesy when you go out to eat, especially in such big restaurants.
Unfortunately, the standard at this restaurant was very poor.
Not in-terms of showoff, in that they were at the top. I am talking in-terms of service.

Where do I start?

Having entered the restaurant, we had to wait for our choice of table and finally we didn’t get it!!
The hostess impolitely told us that these tables only for our in-house guests.
A waitress took us to the table, which was not at all meeting our expectations and it was only about 20 cm away from another table, so actually we might as well join the tables together if we go next time (i don't think so!) then we encountered 'over enthusiastic' servers, (note I said servers because we have been asked about liquors almost 4 times in 30 mins from 3 different server) even though we informed them in English that we don’t like to drink any alcohol in starting.
My guest felt it too Pushy!!
The salad I had as my starter, was nothing more than few leaves of rocca with a bit of tomato on top, which cost me nearly a fever ...
Honestly, the best bite of food we had there, was the cake which came just before our bill !
Once we paid the bill, it looks like restaurant services finished at that time only and nobody cares anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I never complain in a restaurant, because I used to work as a hotelier myself, so I know what its like sometimes, but for god's sake, if you charge people, and quite a bit of money, you must give something back.
The whole thing was a bit like a fast - food restaurant focused on their names, Im affraid, the whole time I was sat inches from another person, and could hear the entire conversation that the other couple was having. I strongly suggest to have less tables there, and give people a bit of privacy when eating and talking and trying to enjoy a meal out.
I will never go there again, especially when u r planning to bring ur guests along with u!!!
It was terrible !!!
Don't be fooled, this place has nothing to do with Five star restaurants, and the hostess service was pathetic.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We enjoyed a window table, requested through the restaurant's Internet site, overlooking the city of Dubai for lunch with excellent service from all staff. Plan on at least ninety minutes for lunch. The menu offers a 2-course fixed price option, a 3-course fixed price option, as well as ordering ala carte from the menu. Be prepared to spend the equivalent of $100 to $200 USD per adult for an excellent lunch, especially if you order a glass of wine and also indulge in an accompanying dessert. The views from the restaurant are stunning, and the restaurant's ambiance and décor are well worth a visit for a memorable dining experience.