“An Amazing Dinner”

Catch Dubai
Ranked #525 of 10,286 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I went few days ago to Catch Dubai located at the Fairmont Dubai.
Catch Dubai is on the First Floor but the access is from outside the hotel from the lobby side and serves Japanese Cuisine and Sushi.
Indulge in the city’s most energetic beats straight from the heart of Latin America with Catch Dubai’s Havana Nights.
The contemporary restaurant successfully fuses great food, service and an exceptional scene which appeals to the tastes of today’s modern diner.
Catch Dubai incorporates influences from a myriad of regions where seafood is central to the culinary culture.
Immerse yourself at the celebrity hotspot every Wednesday from 7pm-2am and dance the night away to original Cuban melodies brought to you live by renowned band CubaChe, and practice your best salsa, bachata, and merengue moves.
The Smoked Edamame with real charcoal were amazing.
he taste of the marinade was so tasty!
A must try…
These Short Ribs Tacos are irresistible.
You will eat your fingers after eating them
The Crispy Shrimps were so yummy.
Oh and these Korean Fried Chicken Bao were so fresh and tasty!
Yum Yum and Yum!
When the waiter have put these Truffle Fries on our table, the smell of truffle was everywhere and I love it so much!
I enjoyed them so much as I am addicted to Truffles…
I loved the presentation of the Spicy King Crab Pasta.
The squid ink pasta with king crab meat was served in the shell of the king crab.
The sauce was so delicious…
And it was divine!
You will never forget the taste
These tender Short Ribs are cooked on low fire for 48 hours.
When I was eating it and enjoying it with the puree that was below it, I was wondering what could this sweet puree made of.
Now when I was checking in the menu, I found out that it is a sweet potato puree.
You cannot visit catch and not eating their amazing dessert.
The Hit Me Chocolate Cake is a must!

Ian R, Public Relations Manager at Catch Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Cookingwithralph,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We appreciate that you had an amazing time and enjoyed everything from the food, the service, and the atmosphere. We look forward to having you in the venue again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I went to catch with a friend on a Thursday night. I had been there before a few months back and I recommended it based on the good experience I had the first time. When I returned they had changed the entrance, so we had to exit the hotel and find the entrance outside which is not as nice as the old entrance. Entering the restaurant you don't get the same luxurious vibe it had and at first glimpse it looks more like a diner than a restaurant. We had Edamame, fish tacos, beef tenderloin and sea bass. The food was really good, however extremely overpriced for what it is as these items are available in many other places in Dubai and are as good.
The music for a Thursday night was too quiet and I remembered it being more lively. All in all it was a good night however it is no worth the money spent.

mai262,

We're sorry to hear your return trip to Catch did not meet your expectations. We have made several changes to the venue to improve the guest experience, including an exclusive entrance for Catch patrons only and lowering prices across our menu. We appreciate your feedback and assure you we can provide a better experience than the most recent one. We hope you'll join us again so you can get the full Catch experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I decided to go to Catch Dubai after having a amazing sushi while in LA earlier in the year. Sushi was amazing and the famous hit me chocolate cake is unmissable. The location of the restaurant and atmosphere was not great the reason for 4 star.

Ian R, Public Relations Manager at Catch Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the sushi so much and would love to have you try our Roll Call offering next Sunday. Unlimited Maki Rolls from 7pm - 9pm plus a carafe of Sake for just 210aed. We hope to see you Sunday.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We were staying at Conrad and catch is highly recommended to us by the concierge at the hotel. It was a bit difficult to find where it is but I really enjoyed the whole experience.

The food was really good. We had oysters which were prepared in a different way than I normally had them. My main was king crab spaghetti in squid ink - it was simply the best main course I had in Dubai! With a glass of white wine, it really made my day. We also had a couple of more starters and sashimi, all were nicely prepared and very good. I was slightly disappointed at sea urchin - been a great fan of the delicacy since I first had them 15 years ago and the offering from catch was a lot dryer than I expected.

The wine was superb! (Don’t remember what was ordered but the wine was outstandingly good). The cocktail on the other hand was quite dreadful, it was mainly due to our personal taste. The most amazing thing was the manager saw us not enjoying the cocktail at all, he simply took away the glass and took it off our final bill - this is something we really appreciated and it just shows this restaurant cares about their customers experiences.

The service was very attentive and the manager was very friendly - he brought out the chef who cooked my main and I managed to tell him that it was the best dish I had all week. Very special moment. We also managed to have a quick chat with a South African waiter who settled our bill. Just super friendly.

The only reason why I didn’t give a 5 star to this wonderful restaurant was that it was pricy. We spent £260 for the evening and only had 3 glasses of wine altogether. In addition, there were a few dishes we ordered, the waiter didn’t catch what we said hence they were served.

Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant based on my experience.

Ian R, Public Relations Manager at Catch Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

AndyYu,

We're happy to hear you had such a great experience at Catch and we appreciate you sharing it with others. We do hope you'll come back during your next visit and when you do, please ask for Ian, the manager, Chef Bobby, or Brandon, the server. Safe travels and see you soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I booked there to celebrate my friend's birthday. This is was a perfect place to do so....Very nice ambiance, very good and friendly service, food was so delicious.....starters, main dishes and the birthday cake ..... Definitely it is one of the very good fine dinning places in Dubai that I recommend.

Imbergolia,

Thank you for choosing Catch to celebrate your friend's birthday. We're happy to hear everyone had a great time and your experience was positive. We look forward to having you back again soon for another event or just a night out.