“Amazing Sushi”

Catch Dubai
Ranked #565 of 10,444 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I decided to go to Catch Dubai after having a amazing sushi while in LA earlier in the year. Sushi was amazing and the famous hit me chocolate cake is unmissable. The location of the restaurant and atmosphere was not great the reason for 4 star.

Ian R, Public Relations Manager at Catch Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the sushi so much and would love to have you try our Roll Call offering next Sunday. Unlimited Maki Rolls from 7pm - 9pm plus a carafe of Sake for just 210aed. We hope to see you Sunday.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We were staying at Conrad and catch is highly recommended to us by the concierge at the hotel. It was a bit difficult to find where it is but I really enjoyed the whole experience.

The food was really good. We had oysters which were prepared in a different way than I normally had them. My main was king crab spaghetti in squid ink - it was simply the best main course I had in Dubai! With a glass of white wine, it really made my day. We also had a couple of more starters and sashimi, all were nicely prepared and very good. I was slightly disappointed at sea urchin - been a great fan of the delicacy since I first had them 15 years ago and the offering from catch was a lot dryer than I expected.

The wine was superb! (Don’t remember what was ordered but the wine was outstandingly good). The cocktail on the other hand was quite dreadful, it was mainly due to our personal taste. The most amazing thing was the manager saw us not enjoying the cocktail at all, he simply took away the glass and took it off our final bill - this is something we really appreciated and it just shows this restaurant cares about their customers experiences.

The service was very attentive and the manager was very friendly - he brought out the chef who cooked my main and I managed to tell him that it was the best dish I had all week. Very special moment. We also managed to have a quick chat with a South African waiter who settled our bill. Just super friendly.

The only reason why I didn’t give a 5 star to this wonderful restaurant was that it was pricy. We spent £260 for the evening and only had 3 glasses of wine altogether. In addition, there were a few dishes we ordered, the waiter didn’t catch what we said hence they were served.

Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant based on my experience.

Ian R, Public Relations Manager at Catch Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

AndyYu,

We're happy to hear you had such a great experience at Catch and we appreciate you sharing it with others. We do hope you'll come back during your next visit and when you do, please ask for Ian, the manager, Chef Bobby, or Brandon, the server. Safe travels and see you soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I booked there to celebrate my friend's birthday. This is was a perfect place to do so....Very nice ambiance, very good and friendly service, food was so delicious.....starters, main dishes and the birthday cake ..... Definitely it is one of the very good fine dinning places in Dubai that I recommend.

Imbergolia,

Thank you for choosing Catch to celebrate your friend's birthday. We're happy to hear everyone had a great time and your experience was positive. We look forward to having you back again soon for another event or just a night out.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We called Catch 10min before arriving and requested a table and they were very accommodating. Very friendly hostess even admired my Nike shoes. The waiter was very informed with the wine list and recommended a good wine. And then he helped us choose the food... and I must say... The food at Catch Dubai is INCREDIBLE!!!
I attached pictures of what I ordered... everything was amazing... I will definitely come back to eat the same and try something new. Order what’s in the pix and u will not be disappointed.

Ian R, Public Relations Manager at Catch Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Yousef H,

We're pleased to hear your experience at Catch was incredible. We do our best to ensure each guest enjoys the time they spend with us and we're happy to reached that goal with you. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I had been to catch before and had a nice evening a good while ago. I went last week and the whole episode was poor from the reception where they couldn't decide if they had a table or not as I hadn't booked. It took a while to get a drink as there was nobody initially behind the bar. When I eventually got a seat a the Sushi bar (even though on the face of it there where empty tables which were still empty when I left) I asked to see the sake menu. The menu had quite a few offerings of sake but when I ordered in fact they on had sparkling and cloudy sake and nothing else! On the food front I specifically asked for no spice and was given a spicy dish which they removed from the bill - they said condescendingly that they wouldn't charge for the dish. There were a lot of staff and people seemed to be rushing around but overall service wasn't good - my advice pay a bit more and go to Zuma which you will get impeccable service and excellent sake.

mikelondon2016,

We are very sorry to hear your recent experience at Catch didn't meet your expectations. As you mentioned, you've had nice evenings with us in the past, so you know this night was unfortunately not our best effort. We do hope you'll come back again and to ensure you have the experience you deserve, please ask for Ian when you make your reservation. Thank you.