“Great food, Great Service!”

Perry and Blackwelder's Original Smokehouse
Ranked #388 of 10,442 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: USD 3 - USD 27
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Perry & Blackwelder's (P&B)is a casual dining concept located in Souk Madinat Jumeirah, taking inspiration from every bit of Deep South BBQ heritage to bring Dubai its first ever, original smokehouse. The restaurant's philosophy is deeply entrenched in American history, when the first pitmasters in the Deep South developed the art of roasting meat 'slow and low' over a smouldering heat to achieve fall-off-the-bone tenderness and a beautiful smoky flavour. It is this that inspires our Chef Tony Jardella, using recipes passed down through generations, to create the menu at P&B's Original Smokehouse. With family and friends try our wide variety of true BBQ dishes such as slow-smoked Mesquite brisket; Applewood-smoked turkey breast with cornbread or our signature P&B pulled brisket sandwich. Henry Perry and John Blackwelder, the fathers of authentic BBQ, knew what good ol' fashioned hospitality was all about, and we do too. As with any of our restaurants, service is of paramount importance and we promise the P&B experience will keep you coming back for more. Perry & Blackwelder's - fuelling the fire in your belly!
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Visited whilst staying on jumeirah resort half board and this restaurant is included in the half board option. Happy hour 5-8pm! Good menu choice of American style food burgers, ribs etc. 3 course options we started with popcorn chicken and loaded potato skins- both good, we then shared the huge empire burger and ribs. Ribs were succulent and tender and very tasty all served with fries and coleslaw, we tried to finish with desert of apple pie and pecan pie that were lovely but just too much food for us!! We sat in a booth and visited around 5.30pm before it got too busy, looks like a busy drinking venue too. Recommended to visit.

5  Thank Steven R S
Jonathan G, General Manager at Perry and Blackwelder's Original Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Good morning Steven,

Thank-you for your great review of P&B.

It's lovely to hear that you recommend us. Chef Tony will love to hear all your compliments for his food and menu, he loves getting praise! I'm glad you got in just before it got busy, we're very popular these days.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Nice diner with my friends at P&B, the place look good and the menu is nice, perfect selection of food and drinks for a pre-party night!
Wings and fries where amazing, burger was nice but a bit disappointed with hot dogs, the bred is not that soft and the meat was ok. Portions are big.
Tables are too small for a big group of people (8 of us... so the food didn't quite fit on the table even if we share most of it)
Staff were good.
We'll be back soon.

Jonathan G, General Manager at Perry and Blackwelder's Original Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Good afternoon Jean-lou,

Thank-you for taking the time to review P&B.

It's great to hear you enjoyed us as your pre-party! I agree with you on our signature wings, they're amazing. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the hot-dogs, we try to make them in the classic style. Apologies you found it cramped, we put you on a smaller table so that you could sit sooner, rather than waiting for a table, sorry it was a tight squeeze!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Good selection on menu, service was very slow.
Excellent size portions.
Very good if you want to watch live Premier League Football
Would return.

5  Thank mark R

Good afternoon Mark,

Thank-you for your kind review of P&B.

We can't ask for a bigger compliment than 'would return', so many thanks! I'm sorry it was a bit slow on your visit, we've had unprecedented business in the last few weeks and got caught a little on the hop. We've increased our team substantially this week, so on your next visit we'll be sure to make it better.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to P&B, and wanted to post a new review, especially as my experience is very different to the bad review I saw on their page today.

I have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and have never had any issues with their lovely food, even if we make special requests.

Whilst it's not cheap, the prices for food and drink are pretty much the same as everywhere in Madinat, and their happy hour is a bargain!

I'd like to thank the team for always looking after us, especially Roshan and Sarvesh.

5  Thank Blushingdada

Good afternoon Blushingdada,

Thank-you for your review & continued support of P&B.

It's a pleasure to read that Roshan & Sarvesh looked after you, I'm very proud of them both. Many thanks for your kind comments on Chef Tony's food.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Staying at the beautiful Al Nassen hotel, we had a huge choice of restaurants to use on our half-board basis. After reading so many glowing reviews here, we thought we would give Perry & Blackwelders a try.

Staff were pleasant and helpful, although as it became busier during the evening, the service became slower. The music also became increasingly loud, by about 8.30 we couldn't hear each other speak across the table.

Starters were okay. Spinach and Artichoke Dip was tasty. Loaded potatoes skins were unfortunately quite sickly, with some sort of heavy cream cheese topping.

My daughters children's meal of chicken strips and fries was the best part of the evening. She enjoyed it immensely. My husband had the brisket recommended by the staff. However he found it relatively fatty and bland. He had to ask for condiments as these were not offered.

My garden pizza which I had requested be without olives, arrived with olives. They said they could do a second one. However this arrived about 20 minutes after the initial food, so I ate whilst my family had already finished their meals.

For desert I ordered the pecan pie recommended by the serving staff. It arrived and looked delicious. However it was incredibly hot on the outside and very very chilled on the inside. I asked for it to be reheated so it was warm all the way through.

At this point the manager came over to apologise for the two incidents of poor service. . . .

The second pie arrived so over heated, the crust was burnt black and the pie was not even able to hold its shape. As with the main course, it arrived a significant amount of time after my family had finished theirs. Not a huge issue, as it was so over heated I didn't eat it anyways.

The only part of the meal I had been able to eat and enjoy with my husband and daughter was our starters.

We requested the bill and asked to speak to the manager. He offered to return the HB vouchers for our meal. However as we are only away for the weekend and already have vouchers for the second night, there didn't seem to be any point in this. He continued to have a discussion with my husband, disagreeing that service had not been poor. . . .

Drinks were also very expensive AED48 for a bottle of Corona - almost £10!!!

We have lived in Dubai for many years and disappointingly, this was probably one of the poorest quality meals we have had in a Jumeirah Group restaurant - their standards are generally outstanding.

We have had better American style meals at mall restaurants such as TGIs and Chilli's.

Such a shame, as so many people seem to have had such lovely meals here. We however, shall not be returning.

1  Thank erdawson
Jonathan G, General Manager at Perry and Blackwelder's Original Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Good afternoon erdawson,

Thank-you for taking your time to review P&B.

Firstly, let me apologise for you not enjoying your experience with us. As you say, we have many glowing reviews. It's good to hear that the team were pleasant & helpful. At the time of your visit we had a two-hour waiting list, and as you say, service did slow at this point. I'm sorry that you found it loud, we try to find the right mix between rowdy bar & family restaurant, especially on a weekend evening and sometimes get it wrong.

I'm sorry that our attempts to rectify the issues were unacceptable and more than anything, I apologise that you felt that my colleague was arguing with your husband. I can assure you that was not his intention, but he, myself & our Ops Manager will be having a discussion about his, and my, approach to guests.

It's unfortunate that you will not be returning and that we will not be able to give you what we consider the real P&B experience.

Jonathan Gard