All reviews jlt area blue bay metro station marina mall standard double room lack of hot water comfortable and clean rooms jbr beach few niggles balcony room a small swimming pool priced hotel lovely balcony breakfast buffet was good decent stay an update remote control
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I ordered room service and I took a nap soon after, I woke up to find my food had disappeared and so did my change. They deliberately took my food I had not finished and my money. We complained about this to the hotel numerous times, yet they had failed to address and resolve the issue. Hotel staff only kept saying tomorrow the manager will be in and he will sort this out, we chased this 2 days in a row, they said the same thing and no manager ever turned up. Never got my change back.

Hotel staff came for housekeeping, we told them to return later so that they could clean whilst we were out. We returned and the room had not been cleaned and therefore failed to address our request.

The beds are uncomfortable it is difficult to get a good nights sleep.

The hotel is located right by a mosque so I was frequently disturbed when trying to get a good nap before a night out!

Our phone in the room did not work either and it was difficult requesting as we had to ask several times just to receive towels, iron etc.

Not impressed at all! I will not be staying here again, that's for sure.

1  Thank sharlenee62
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My friend and I enjoyed 5 nights at Armada BlueBay Hotel. It is in a great location near Dubai Marina, Mall and JBR. The room was very comfortable and clean and we loved spending time chilling by the pool and filling ourselves with a delicious breakfast every morning. A big thank you to Alex who made our stay extra special - Very helpful and professional.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Overall an OK experience considering the low price. It's hard to find a hotel near the marina with this price.

I stayed here from 18th to 23rd of march. I read numerous reviews before I booked the hotel, and was prepared for many of the bad things written by other reviewers. The reasons why I booked it was: 1) The price, 2) The lovely pool 3) Location - being close to the beach and Marina.

When I arrived I met a lovely person in the reception. Unfortunately I didn't get his name, but he was so friendly and really gave me a warm welcoming and a great start of my holiday. I even got an upgrade and a room in the 39th floor, as I was asking for a good view. The room was HUGE with 2 double beds and a stunning view. Especially since I was only 1 person, it felt like a suite - but it would even be very big for 2 people.

However... It was not well cleaned. As I am a very clean person, I pay attention to every corner and evry surface. The bathroom door had fingermarks all over it. I could see the carpet was not clean... There was dust inside the closets and the first thing I did was to wipe of the surfaces myself and clean the door handles/remote control etc. I didn't bother to complain as it was 3 AM in the morning and the quality of the room was ok for the price I paid. Moreover - I prefer modern standard and modern hotel amenities. I found the style of this hotel a bit old fashioned.

I also feel the walls were thin. I could hear people in the room next door flushing the toilet and slam doors.

The pool is beautiful and amazing. There was some days I observed it was hard to get a sun bed for couples coming after 11:30 AM. But it didn't take long time until there were available sun beds. The view from the pool is amazing. If you want to see more pictures than the ones on Tripadvisor, go Instagram and search for location: "Armada Bluebay" or #Armadabluebay. They serve food and drinks by the pool.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle bus to the Marina and to JBR (the beach), which is a really nice offer. The last bus to the beach is at 12PM, while the last bus to the marina is at 6PM. The bus is very comfortable and clean and goes every hour (I think). Saves you from uneccessary taxi costs. The beach is beautiful! The marina is most beautiful at night if you ask me!

There is a carrefour open 24/7 just straight next to the hotel, which is PERFECT!

And as everyone else is writing here... The elevator is terribly slow. You could end up waiting 5-7 minutes for the elevator, if there are many people going up and down. It moves really slow and for me living on the 39th floor, it was a nightmare when there were 5 other people in the elevator going to different floors. Luckily I'm a patient person! But it's time to upgrade these elevators..

Overall I wouldn't say this is a 4* hotel. Maybe 3* or 3,5*. The staff is amazing. The people working in the reception are super nice and super helpful! People working at the pool as well... I had a good experience with the hotel staff. I'm rating this hotel 3/5 because of the hotel standard and cleanliness.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2018

After I booked this hotel I read the tripadvisor and there were some awful reviews which really worried me.
However on arriving at the hotel at 2 am after a long day travelling I was very pleasantly surprised at how quick and easily we were checked in.
We called the lift which was there in seconds ( not a long time as I had read in quite a few reviews ) . We were escorted to our room on the 26th floor by a very nice porter who couldn’t do enough for us, wee went into a big clean spacious room.
The room was clean and fresh.
We opened the balcony doors to a view which was amazing, other buildings and a main rd but lovely.
During our stay we went to the outside bar and we ate in the bar inside, both of which were really nice, the staff were very pleasant and talkative.
I will definitely be recommending the hotel to friends and family, a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed for 11 nights in March 2018.

Overall not a bad experience and would definately go back.

Check in was straight forward, and our room was upgraded for free which was a bonus given the length of time we were staying.

We chose bed and breakfast, and whilst it was busy nearly every morning, we always managed to find a table (or shared). Plenty of choice on the menu and waiters kept replenishing. Overall very attentive staff.

There was a pool at the hotel but we didn't get to try this and one evening ate at the hotel which was fine. The balcony had good views and a lovely breeze to keep us cool.

The room was spacious, with all the mod cons. Fresh towels provided daily and room cleaned daily too.

The really nice thing about staying here is that there are so many amenities close at hand. The hotel is part of a 3 building complex, which also included on site a pharmacy, supermarket and cafes.

In addition to this, to the rear of the hotel, you realise you are part of the Jumeriah Lake Towers complex - there is essentially a very large lake and tens of tall towers all around. The best part is that there are play areas, parks, a lovely walk way around the lake and every single building has cafes and restaurants - so you really don't have to venture far. Plenty of choice, off the tourist trail and therefore prices and food is far better ( a lot cheaper and a lot friendlier)

Using this route, you don't have to walk along the main road to get to the metro station which is 10-15 minutes away and can manage the journey mainly in the shade. Lovely atmosphere here in the evening - mostly locals who are all very friendly.

The hotel also has a complimentary bus shuttle to the beach on a daily basis.

They also provide a taxi service to the airport (100 AED).

Can't fault it and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: rooms to the back or side will be better than front as you are looking onto main highway.
3  Thank Bushra N