3,274 results
All reviewsfountain viewburj khalifaasadosouk al baharewaan restaurantfountain showdubai fountaindiplomatic suitethai restauranttallest building in the worldrose petalsthe location is perfectbreakfast buffetour honeymoonupgraded to a suitewonderful hotelafternoon tea
Reviewed 6 April 2010

This was our fourth trip to Dubai and our priority was to find a hotel well located (in terms of bars and restaurants for the evenings). I'd read with some anxiety the reviews on here but as always, I try to read between the lines to get a more balanced view (how much of the review is down to a high maintenance guest vs a poor hotel).

I'd emailed the hotel explaining that we'd be arriving at about 9.30am and whilst they stated that they couldn't guarantee our room would be ready, they would make every effort to accomodate us after an overnight flight. True to their word, they did make every effort. Zahid checked us in and whilst a room wasn't ready, he took my mobile number and within an hour we had our room, bags already in situe. The room (a deluxe, lake view) was very spacious compared to other Dubai hotels we've stayed in (Al Murooj Rotana, Crowne Plaza) and immaculate. The balcony view was beautiful and as we didn't look over to the fountains, very peaceful. In terms of my review of the hotel facilities;
1. Front of house staff; very courteous and obliging. The concierge was efficient and helpful, our reservations were made without fuss. The door staff were lovely, if somewhat hit and miss (but to be fair I'm not that precious about having taxi doors held open for me!). Unfortunately for them, their demand for service comes in waves, we kept hitting them at a peak!
2. Rooms / housekeeping: Exceptional! We were constantly asking the housekeeping staff for extra bottles of water as we passed them in the corridoors and eventually they'd see us coming and get them ready (it was 100 degrees, rehydration was essential, lol!). I'd read a number of poor reviews about the housekeeping staff and despite being at the very end of a hallway, we received wonderful service from them.
3. Pool area; Friendly, efficient staff, very obliging. Again, I'd read reviews about lack of beds. Each time we were by the pool, they found us either beds or a cabana, provided plenty of towels nothing was too much trouble.
4. Bars and Restaurants; We ate by the pool one lunchtime which was nice enough. As expected in an area surrounded by lush gardens and water, flies are a problem but you expect that! Asado was first class! As a veggie until recently I had the pleasure of enjoying my very first steak in this wonderful restaurant. The staff were helpful, not too pushy with wine choices and the service was exceptional. We also had cocktails at Fai which we found to be somewhat oppressive (in terms of ambience). It was very quiet but the waiter / manager was somewhat over attentive and seeking compliments / reassurance. It was a shame really as a more hands off approach would've been far more appropriate and we could've simply enjoyed our drinks.

I really would reccomend this hotel to anyone. It's location is superb, we brought goodies back from the Souk (courtessy of Spinneys and Cariba Coffe) and enjoyed a relaxing breakfast in our room (rather than head for the buffet). There are a huge number of bars and restaurants within a 5/10 minute walk (I'd recommend Bice, Calibar, Karma Kafe, Margeaux, Shakespeare & Co, Armani Cafe) so there's more than enough to keep the most demanding guest occupied. The Dubai Mall is a treat, a real shoppers heaven. However I wonder how sustainable all this Mall building is as we noticed a significant increase in prices from our last visit, I suspect the average Joe tourist may soon be deterred from Dubai.

That said, a great hotel, superb staff and a wonderful experience.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank finchaa
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I stayed in room 580. The hotel is amazing. Good breakfast and my room had an extraordinary view on the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We are from the US and we were there from March 7-13. I brought my 80 year old mom with me as I was attending a conference at the convention center. The staff was incredibly gracious,polite,hospitable and really pampered my mom when she was tired in the evening. I had a few concerns about our stay after reading some unpleasant reviews, but this was the most wonderful stay in a hotel that either of us have ever had. The quality of food,service, and attention to detail was superb. They have recently recruited(stole) some executive staff from the Ritz-Carlton and it shows. The location was great for us and it was truly an oasis in a sea of chrome and steel high rises. I was there during the "private" event. The hotel gave us adequate notice of this and I think the person who complained about this was exaggerating about the inconvenience. It was an evening event, and in March, people are not out wanting to use the pool area on that night or any other nights while we were there. Even though I may never have a reason to visit Dubai again in the future, the experience at this hotel was so wonderful I may just have to find a reason to return!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2010

What a luxurious hotel! My most expensive hotel that I stayed in, but who says Dubai is cheap?! A completely different character to the larger hotels - relatively small hotel with true Arabian decor. Charming staff who could not do enough for you. Was allowed to check in early at no extra charge (8am) by emailing in advance. Great amenities - outdoor pool; look up when you swim and you see the Burj Khalifa towering over you! Indoor spa/jacuzzi and steam room (separate one for men and women) and gym. Excellent buffet breakfast. Spacious rooms, overlooking the lake and the Address Hotel. Very comfortable nights sleep. Great location - minutes from Dubai Mall (largest mall in the world with nightly fountain show) and Burj Khalifa and Souk Al Bahar.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2010

i stayed at this hotel from march 10th to 12th, 2010 and was very disappointed with the overall service level across various areas in the hotel. i will provide a detailed review here on a point by point basis:

- i had become a frequent guest at this hotel since i discovered it sometime in 2009 and have stayed there at least five time in the past few months.
- for both nights at this super premium pricey five-star hotel, the beds were not turned down in the evening even though i saw the housekeeping staff roaming the halls. i was too busy to complain but this is one of those things that i don't have to mention.
- on the first morning the newspaper was hung in a smart pouch outside the door handle but on the second it was laid out on the ground. no explanation for this inconsistency.
- the pool area was closed for an entire evening for a 'private function' meaning that guests could not make use of the charming tents with a view of the burj dubai/khalifa for an entire evening. i've also noticed this before while staying at this hotel and it is turning into an annoying habit.
- on check-in, i asked Danny (the reception 'supervisor'), to send me an ethernet cable to the room. he promised to do so but nothing came of it for my entire stay. i didn't even see him pick up the phone or write a note down to remember to do it meaning it was his intention to ignore me.
- the concierge is impotent when it comes to getting a reservation at any decent restaurant in the area. they have no pull nor do they make a strong effort to get something. what's even worse is that they can't secure a table at their own restaurant (thai, tipthara) that is on their property. (american express does this with many restaurants in the US by keeping a table on the side every evening with top restaurants and they don't even own them)
- finally (and this was the real rub), i was declined a request for a late checkout at 2pm instead of the customary noon time. Danny (that 'forgetful' supervisor i mentioned above) and his trainee sidekick Sara (being prepped for the Armani hotel due to open soon) flat out declined my request even though they grudgingly agreed they could see i was a frequent guest on their system.

i will definitely stop staying at this hotel after this horrid experience. they obviously have gotten loose with their standards and recruitment and this will impact them in the longer term unless they address these problems.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business