3,273 results
All reviewsfountain viewburj khalifaasadosouk al baharewaan restaurantfountain showdubai fountaindiplomatic suitethai restauranttallest building in the worldrose petalsthe location is perfectbreakfast buffetour honeymoonupgraded to a suitewonderful hotelafternoon tea
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We have just returned from 6 nights in the Palace Hotel, Old Town, Dubai. We went to Dubai for the shopping festival and the hotel was perfectly located for this. You are basically attached to the Souk Al Bahar (the largest indoor souk in the world), walking through the souk leads straight to the lakeside to watch the largest fountain in the world, infront of the tallest tower in the world....next to the Dubai Mall (and what a mall). What more can you ask for location-wise.

On approaching the hotel, you will be amazed by the awesome entrance to the grounds which is all extravagant arches, fountains and palm trees. When you arrive at the door, you are greeted by the friendly staff I have ever met. You enter the hotel and there is an amazing water feature in the lobby, along with traditional arabian decor.

The room we stayed in was a lakeview room with a king-size bed. The decor of the room was superb and the bathroom was immaculate with a walk in shower and a huge shower head fitted into the ceiling.

Breakfast offered everything you could want, you can eat inside but if the weather is nice enough there are lovely outside tables that are covered. We never ate at the restaurants for lunch or evening meals but they did look very good. We did have dinner in the room one night, the food was amazing....therefore I think the restaurants are well worth a try...even if alittle on the expensive side.

In summary, there was nothing the staff wouldn't do for you, the decor was superb, the food and service was superb.....the hotel was superb!

My family stayed in a hotel near the marina that was lovely but most of the other hotels go for contemporary, simple decor...which is nice if your on a business trip....but for something alittle bit different and extravagant I would definately go for the Palace Old Town. If we ever return to Dubai, we will definately use The Palace!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I loved the Hotel! We arrive earlier than the time of check in and they were amazing with us in all the aspects!
there i made the best MASSAGE of my life! Truly fabulous...
The location it's perfect (but they had no beach) and all the Hotel is very beautifull! They have the modernity, and the quality of an 5*stars hotel with the arabic touch!
for those who don't want beach it's my recommendation in Dubai!

Congratulations!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I was lucky enough to spend Christmas at the Palace in the old town with friends who live in Abu Dhabi - and what a fantastic hotel. The service was impeccible (the Room Service food really was fantastic). The style of the hotel was Old Arabic, with a modern twist in the colours, lots of duck egg blue walls, dark wood sofas & chairs etc. We took a suite with balconies facing the dancing fountains and the new (unopened at the time) Burj Tower. The beds were huge and really comfortable. The bathroom was one of the best I have ever used, the rain shower head with a 2nd shower on a hose - topped it for me!! . The children with us were mezmerised by the dancing fountains in the evening and they really do add something special to the hotel. The only down side is the 'sun bathing' opportunites... Sun beds were taken very early by some guests who did not come to use them until well after lunch, and there are so many skyscrapers around, you have interrupted sun shine all day as the sun goes behind the buildings - but thats down town Dubai I suppose. The location is fantastic for shopping at the new Dubai Mall - just a hop skip and jump away...Perfect! Overall my stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Very nice hotel, however, they have some problems in their management. But this could be overlooked if you concentrate on the luxury of the hotel and tis location.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2010

A lovely hotel in a wonderful location. This hotel has great views of Burj Khalifa and is a two minute walk from the Dubai Mall. However, the service let us down. My mother and sister stayed there and returned to their room at four in the afternoon to find that it had not yet been cleaned. They had left it at nine in the morning! Another issue was the smell of food that permeated the hotel and the wing they were staying in. There seemed to be a lot of people in suits around but there is a real problem with the service they provide. As a result, I would not recommend it to a friend as I have stayed in many hotels in Dubai with far superior service.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends