“This is our home away from home”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #46 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Right where do I start?! Since my last review in March I think I’ve stayed about 4 times since and each stay just gets better and better.

In May, we stayed at the hotel with another couple (who stayed here for the 1st time). This couple arrived with a 2-month-old baby and they said that they were not expecting the fantastic service they received. They needed the baby bottles sterilised at least 3 times a day and housekeeping were always there doing an outstanding job ensuring that the baby was taken care of well. They provided a cot, bath, baby toiletries…the full works!

They felt comfortable around the hotel with the baby whether it was breakfast or relaxing by the pool, no matter where they were the hotel staff ensured that they and the baby were comfortable. They have already told us that they will defo be back!

As usual the service they provided was great. In July, I arrived here with my parents for my mum’s 50th and the hotel did a great job to make her stay memorable from providing a great set up in the suite (decorated with flowers), a yummy cake and non-alcoholic champagne.

Now my husband and I have arrived for our 5-year wedding anniversary and again they did not fail to impress, provided the same room that we always stay in, decorated room, cake, champagne, cake at breakfast and the full works.

The hotel definitely treats us well as repeat customers, it’s nice to be remembered by all staff from the doormen, concierge, breakfast staff, pool staff, Buhayra lounge staff and even housekeeping. This is why it is our home away from home. I never have to think twice about staying here every time I am in Dubai.

A special thank you to the staff at the front desk who always get us the room that we always request, the staff at breakfast in Ewaan such as Dharma, Mubashir, Ganesh and the 2 lovely managers who’s names I can’t remember. They always make our breakfast memorable by knowing what we like to drink, bringing out special birthday/anniversary cakes etc. Thank you so much.

I really don’t know what more I can say as I’ll literally be repeating my words from previous reviews. Words can’t describe our stay here you have to experience it for yourself!

This hotel is in the perfect location where you are right by the Khalifa, Dubai fountains, Dubai mall, restaurants. Everything is in walking distance.

Thank you ALL at the Palace for making every stay of ours with family and friends so memorable and so comfortable, I can’t ask for more!

My husband and I have already booked for the new year… you all in the new year!

Thank you ...Chhaya & David

Room Tip: Fountain view room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chhaya_David
Write a ReviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Excellent hotel, fantastic location and really nice people working there. Made for an amazing stay. Definitely worth a visit in the spa while in hotel, and dont forget to check out all the restaurants. A bit expensive but definitely worth the experience.

Room Tip: View of Burj Khalifa
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Dzograf,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation!! I'm pleased to read that you had the opportunity to experience and enjoy our award winning Spa and Restaurants... :) We look forward to welcoming you back soon for many more luxurious memories. Warm regards, David Simon - General Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Great location. Close to the mall. Great view when driving to the entrance of the hotel. Great smell at entrance. Great service. Spatious suites. Feels like coming home every time again. I will not choose any other hotel in Dubai.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear HarrysS3169ON,

It is always so heartwarming when reading feedback from our returning guests! We were really pleased to have you back with us and extremely delighted to know that you have once again enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" in Dubai soon! Kind regards, David Simon - General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

On our way to India, we "bookended" out travels in Dubai and this lovely hotel. The location is amazing and at the center of "everything". We're big Ritz fans and the service, facilities and employee energy was the closest to Ritz I've ever seen at a non-Ritz property. In fact, we had to cut our India trip short for business reasons and we chose this place to return to early. This will definitely be a place we will revisit on our return to the UAE.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thepinesty
David S, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear thepinesty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your rewarding feedback with us here on TripAdvisor! I was extremely delighted to read that you have enjoyed your short visit and that we have made that everlasting impression... :) We can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip! Best regards, David Simon - General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Palace Downtown was really above my expectations. Very kind staff, we were surprised for the early check in they made possible (we arrived at 9am!)... Very nice room with a great view.
Breakfast was excellent... The restaurant is nice with a very enjoyable view and food was amazing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Otavio B
David S, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Otavio B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Here at Palace, we always strive to exceed guest expectations and therefore it is so rewarding when we accomplish the same. :) I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your room with it's remarkable views as well as our delicious breakfast spread! We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best regards, David Simon - General Manager