Right where do I start?! Since my last review in March I think I’ve stayed about 4 times since and each stay just gets better and better.
In May, we stayed at the hotel with another couple (who stayed here for the 1st time). This couple arrived with a 2-month-old baby and they said that they were not expecting the fantastic service they received. They needed the baby bottles sterilised at least 3 times a day and housekeeping were always there doing an outstanding job ensuring that the baby was taken care of well. They provided a cot, bath, baby toiletries…the full works!
They felt comfortable around the hotel with the baby whether it was breakfast or relaxing by the pool, no matter where they were the hotel staff ensured that they and the baby were comfortable. They have already told us that they will defo be back!
As usual the service they provided was great. In July, I arrived here with my parents for my mum’s 50th and the hotel did a great job to make her stay memorable from providing a great set up in the suite (decorated with flowers), a yummy cake and non-alcoholic champagne.
Now my husband and I have arrived for our 5-year wedding anniversary and again they did not fail to impress, provided the same room that we always stay in, decorated room, cake, champagne, cake at breakfast and the full works.
The hotel definitely treats us well as repeat customers, it’s nice to be remembered by all staff from the doormen, concierge, breakfast staff, pool staff, Buhayra lounge staff and even housekeeping. This is why it is our home away from home. I never have to think twice about staying here every time I am in Dubai.
A special thank you to the staff at the front desk who always get us the room that we always request, the staff at breakfast in Ewaan such as Dharma, Mubashir, Ganesh and the 2 lovely managers who’s names I can’t remember. They always make our breakfast memorable by knowing what we like to drink, bringing out special birthday/anniversary cakes etc. Thank you so much.
I really don’t know what more I can say as I’ll literally be repeating my words from previous reviews. Words can’t describe our stay here you have to experience it for yourself!
This hotel is in the perfect location where you are right by the Khalifa, Dubai fountains, Dubai mall, restaurants. Everything is in walking distance.
Thank you ALL at the Palace for making every stay of ours with family and friends so memorable and so comfortable, I can’t ask for more!
My husband and I have already booked for the new year… you all in the new year!
Thank you ...Chhaya & David
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai