“Nice retreat from Dubai”
Review of Desert Palm Dubai

Desert Palm Dubai
Ranked #211 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 12 June 2017

A nice retreat from Dubai, quiet, surrounding by nature, but only few kilometers from the city center. The rooms are large, well equipped and comfortable.
Only the service in bars and restaurant could be improved (quite long some time even with few customers). But the personal is really welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I have travelled to Dubai many times on holiday, always in the Jumeirah Beach area, however, this was the first time to Desert Palm. The setting is stunning, 150 acre polo estate, and the hotel offers tours of the grounds and stables. It is a perfect choice for a short stay, so relaxing and with a choice of lovely accommodation. I was with my husband and 2 teenage boys and we stayed in a 2 bedroom pool residence. The residence was very spacious with a separate kitchen and a lovely study area, along with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a large living and dining area. The outside pool was also of a good size. The only criticism I have is that there was no shade in the garden/pool area. The choice of food was very good, we stayed at Desert Palm at the start of Ramadan so it was very quiet but I would definitely love to go back when the polo season is on between October - April.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Reviewed 8 May 2017

From the moment I walked into the hotel you will feel relaxed and pampered. The staff cannot do enough for you and genuinely want you to have great experience. The room and resort was scrupulously clean and the facilities are first class.

The resort is far enough away from town to be relaxing, but close enough to pop in whenever you please, particularly due to the free transfers into town twice a day.

I have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, this puts up stiff competition. I re-booked before I left.

Room Tip: Any would be fabulous
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
James R, General Manager at Desert Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear lucyvictoriadavis,

Thank you for staying with us and for your generous review.

We are happy to hear that we were just the right the recipe for what you were looking for in an urban retreat.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Just got back from celebrating my 50th - which I was planning to have at Per Aquum - so glad you let me down.....

Our 3 day experience in Abu Dhabi was unique and memorable ....

Would advice that frontline staff learn basic etiquette with regards to dealing with potential Customers....but for Chris saving the day in December - which with hindsight was a warning sign - would have given up there and then ...... Happy to discuss the details with Management as you indeed have a beautiful property ....

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tripper67
James R, General Manager at Desert Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Ms. Yvonne Odegbami,

Happy 50th Birthday!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your celebration in Abu Dhabi.

You can imagine our surprise that you have chosen to write this review 7 months after your site inspection which is certainly not a reflection of Desert Palm or the services that we offer our guests.

Ms. Odegbami, you have never stayed at our property nor indulged in any of the experiences that we have to offer. We cater to hundreds of events per year on the estate from Birthdays to lavish weddings and we are confident that if you had chosen Desert Palm you too would have made wonderful memories.

You approached the property via email in July 2016 to inquire about hosting your birthday with us and visited us in October 2016 and not December as you mention.

You had arrived 2 hours before your appoint time on that particular day and Chris did step in as you would not accept that the person with whom you had the appointment was not yet on duty.

Further to the site inspection of the property, you had numerous email exchanges with our sales team and despite us trying to confirm your event you failed to respond or answer our telephone calls. From the exchanges I have read, I understand that you were not happy with the discounts offered which may be the reason for your poor opinion and subsequent choice not to host your event with us.

From my comments you can see that we have certainly not let you down. You had just chosen not to celebrate your birthday with us; although it seems by from your review you might have preferred to.

Should you wish to discuss your review further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.

James Reeves

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I loved the hotel so much! We stayed in the Two-bedroom Villa with the private swimming pool and I can't express how happy I was because it was really "private". It is very good for families who want to a have a good time while enjoying the privacy of the villa. The service was outstanding and they provided us with everything we needed. It is true that the price is high, but you get what you pay for. The hotel is a bit isolated from everywhere else, and the nearest shopping mall (Mirdif City Center) is around 15-20 minutes away. Again, I loved the pool so so much.

Room Tip: Try to go for the two-bedroom villa because it was cheaper than the one-bedroom villa plus it has a...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Hawra M,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your wonderful review of our urban oasis.

We are happy to read that you made full use of the privacy and the pool!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.