1,961 results
All reviewswafi mallmetro stationshuttle busemirates airlinesshuttle servicebudget hotelthree starthe hotel offersshort stayclose to the airportswimming poolbuffet breakfastburj khalifanice poolcomfortable stayexcellent hotellong flight
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Had booked this 4 day break to celebrate silver wedding. Also had 2 children 13 and 15 with us.Despite having the paperwork from Virgin confirming our booking with reference numbers, the hotel apparently had no knowledge. It took them over 1.5 hours to sort it out ( computer error) Having agreed that we should be staying there, they then proceeded to make up the rooms! Another 40 minute wait . Meanwhile, the children were asleep in the lobby!
Food ok - the type of evening meal depends on the number of guests booked in for half board. If there aren't many, you eat off the normal menu. If there are about 10, you get a fixed menu - 2 choices per course which didn't suit one of the children at all. If there are more than a dozen, they put on a buffet.
I agree that the breakfasts are excellent. If there is a next time, I would NOT book half board.
Overall the hotel offers reasonable value for money, but in common with several other reviwers, I feel that the management and reception need to improve quite dramatically. my husband has travelled extensively in the Middle East, and commented that he has never experienced such apathy at a reception desk.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 20 February 2008

a value-for-money 3 star hotel.
the location is quite a far from major destinations but they provide hourly shuttle bus to & from wafi center until 1.30 am, or we can easily get a (relatively cheap) taxi from the hotel. for examples, fare from this hotel to mall of the emirates is about 25 aed and to the creek is about 12 aed.
all staff are friendly and very helpful, even the pool's cleaner greets you every morning. they also provide you with gym room for free and large lounge on every floors. oh, and they have a nice nairobi coffee for breakfast. if you like outdoor jogging, there are a wide pedestrians surrounding the area which could give you 1 km a round plus a beautiful sunrise as a bonus.
we found our room clean and neat meets with the standard of 3 star hotel, but no toiletries nor sandals. other thing we missed with this hotel is a fast-and-free internet wireless connection.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2008

I stayed at the Arabian park 5 Nights in Feb a great hotel for a visit to Dubai Buffet Breakfast was fab staff always willing to help
The hotel has its own Taxi/Limo service never had to wait more than 2 mins for a car,what value 3 Euro to the Deria Shopping City in a brand new Lexus or Mercedes.They also have a free shuttle bus service to Jurimira beach and shopping area which runs on time.
Must do
Desert aventure,Spice island restaurant ,Dow cruise,Big bus tour
Sking Emirates Mall, Drinks in Ice Bar
Also keep money for Dubai Duty Free GREAT Value cheaper than the gold souk

I would stay here again however book the superior room as the standard room is a bit on the small side

Caroline Ireland

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2008

From the moment I stepped into this hotel, the people at the reception were hostile. I arrived very tired but my room was not ready so after waiting for more than five hours they eventually gave me a room. This was for smokers but they said "take it or leave it". The food at the Brasserie is lousy, and they charge you for it. They do not tell you this but at the end they charge you. The gym room is terrible with few types of equipment. There are no entertainments or a place to enjoy. In addition the hotel is isolated and far away from any other place in Dubai. Worst of all, on the last day of my stay they informed me that I do not have a reservation for the seventh day although I made the reservation through an agency, so they kicked me out in a city that I know nobody. They even refused to give me another room claiming that the hotel is totally booked. In conclusion, staying at this hotel was a nightmare

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Azzam M
Reviewed 26 January 2008

Arrived at site, oops sorry Dubai on Boxing day. Made the short trip from the airport and arrived at hotel at 02.30 hrs. To save money the original plan was to bunk down in the airport, but the airport was very busy so we decided to go to the hotel and try and get in our room early.

When we arrived and explained our situation we were told we couldn't check in till 2pm, which we half expected. So we decided to bite the bullet and just pay for our room. What we didn't expect was that it was full price with no reductions which i thought was a bit steep. We declined the room. The man on reception then told us we were more than welcome to use the library where there was comfy chairs and a TV, so that's what we did and we managed to get some sleep as well.

After a bit of begging we managed to check in around 10am, which i thought was excellent of them.

There are six lifts, so no need to wait a long time. Rooms are bright and clean exactly like the traveller photos.

Bathroom is fine and more importantly clean.

The pool, like many other reviews is in shade virtually all of the day but its heated to about 30 celsius.

There is a good bar serving many beers, with a large Stella coming in around £3.

There is absolutely nothing beside the hotel which some may find a chore. But taxis are cheap and plentiful.

There is a complementary mini bus that takes you to the Wafi shopping center every hour or so and the same bus drops you off at the public beach twice a day.

All in all a reasonable hotel for the price.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple