4,710 results
All reviews butler service summer houses arabian summerhouse villa room private pool pat thai buggy drivers summer flavours wild wadi half board golf buggy private butler noodle house main pool restaurant reservations talise spa ice lollies
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have stayed at the DAM many times now and the hotel, service and welcome are second to none. It is like coming to our second home. The butler service provided by Diane, Jubail, Jo and their supervisor Marycris (the FM team) is wonderful and ably supported by housekeeping Ameen. The hotel facilities and range of restaurants Are superb and the staff are all polite and extremely welcoming wherever in the resort you are.

Thank you once again for a wonderful holiday - we will be back!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank IainScotland_UK
MJGeneralManager, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear IainScotland_UK,

Thank you for returning to The Summerhouse of Madinat Jumeirah and I am delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations once again. I am sure that Diane, Jubail, Jo and Marycris will be thrilled to know that you appreciate their efforts in making you feel right at home.

Thank you for your support and recommendation, we all look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" in Dubai, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is our third annual visit at Jumeirah dar al Masyaf and we would not keep coming back if it was not the best family vacation we have ever experienced. We fully enjoyed the convenience of it, nothing was too much to ask and the butlers are always accommodating. This year our butlers Azhar, Mylhen and Amir were incredibly helpful and thoughtful. On one occasion my wife forgot her phone on the beach and we were late for dinner and off course the butler offered for it to be collected and brought to us. They arranged for the abras and the buggys and ensured the room was tidied and ready for when we returned from the beach or dinner. They made us feel very comfortable and well looked after. I also enjoyed chatting with them during happy hour or in the morning before my wife and son awoke. I got to know each of them individually and I genuinely look forward to seeing them again on our return.

Life on the beach was not much different, the beach sports center provides all the equipment you need, you don’t need to buy anything. And the guys there, David and Rashid happily filled in when you needed someone to play with. Whether it was table tennis, snooker or volleyball they made our time on the beach really enjoyable.

Most importantly, our 3.5 year old son really enjoyed himself, he was so happy it made us (his parents) enjoy our holiday even more. The kids clubs, Wild Wadi, playing on the beach with the David and Rashid and being catered for by the butlers by remembering his half glass of apple juice every evening at happy hour. His whole day was filled with enjoyment, he never complained about going to sleep because he could not wait for the next day to start. And for that I owe Jumeirah and a debt of gratitude.

Special thanks to Viraf and Karen who helped prepare for our stay and made our favourite room available for our enjoyment.

Room tip: The closer to the beach the better...
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NeilVilma
MJGeneralManager, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear NeilVilma,

Your experience and feedback is what we strive to achieve for all our guests in the resort. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time, detailing your third stay experience via TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to know that you and your family had another wonderful family holiday this year and mostly delighted to know that the team contributed greatly in making your stay enjoyable and memorable.

Once again, thank you for your support and loyalty, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Summerhouse at Madinat Jumeirah next year.

Pinar Kartal TImer

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a brilliant family holiday ! In order to be constructive I am only going to point out the negative aspect in order for the hotel to improve

Check in was the biggest disappointment as the villas do not have in their own specific area, the welcome and staff experience at the Al Qasr was to put it politely chaotic. I would recommend that the hotel has a specified on person within the Al Qasr to deal with it or even have a small designated desk I spoke with the manager on duty and he was not at all impressive, 10 th Feb evening.

Thereafter the real staff took over, have a great holiday !

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TERRY26
MJGeneralManager, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Terry26,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with regards to our check in process. We are currently working on changing the process which hopefully will increase our efficiency and our guest satisfaction.

On a more positive note, I am pleased to know that your family holiday was great and thank you for choosing Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf as the holiday venue. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Summerhouse in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I stay at Madinat Jumeirah quite often - usually at the Dar Al Masyaf villas and feel I must make a mention of the fantastic facilities and service levels of this amazing Jumeirah Resort. I visit Dubai regularly on business and am lucky enough quite often to have my family accompany me. Whether I am staying at the hotel on business or pleasure the staff always seem to make your stay effortless and relaxing. From senior management, right throughout all the staff, nothing is too much trouble to them to assist make your stay as enjoyable as possible. It is almost impossible to single out individuals to praise for their exceptional service but on my most recent trip Mr Ankit Malik, Guest Services Manager, Dar Al Masyaf, oversaw my reservation and kindly arranged a superb room for my stay. Thank you again Mr Ankit. Also Villa 25 butler Mr Wycliffe made my stay very comfortable and assisted most efficiently in several arrangements I needed to make in the course of my business. The team in The Executive Lounge and in the Premium Leisure Club remain second to none. The level of hospitality and service they offer know no bounds.
In short, whether on business or holidays I can not recommend Madinat Jumeirah strongly enough to anyone wishing to experience exceptional levels of service and hospitality during their stay. If you’ve stayed there before - you already know what I mean! Thank you all at Medinat Jumeirah and see you again soon!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Peter R
MJGeneralManager, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Peter R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following on your recent stay at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf.

When it comes to choosing a hotel for your holiday, I realize that there are many hotels to select from within Dubai. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for returning once again to The Summerhouse.

I am most delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the services from our team especially Ankit, Wycliff and the Club Lounge team exceeded your expectations. I am sure they will be thrilled to receive your compliment.

Once again, thank you for your kind support and loyalty, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back hopefully in not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Having stayed here twice before (once with my other half and once with my sister) and enjoying excellent service in a wonderful setting, it was hard to justify staying elsewhere in Dubai, so we booked the same again for part of our honeymoon holidays. We had fantastic service before from our butler Ashis (apologies in advance for my spelling!) in the villas, so when booking, we did say it would be lovely to see him again as our butler this time. We also requested a top floor, with a balcony on the waterway.

We took the late flight so didn't reach the hotel until after midnight and whilst being taken to our villa and checked in fairly quickly, there was a delay in our bags arriving at the villa, which was a pain, as we had to wait up for these to arrive, when all we wanted to do was get ready for bed. Upon checking in we were rather upset to hear that we were given neither a top floor, nor a waterway view. Given that we were returning sirius customers, we were disappointed that our requests were not honoured / we were not informed prior to arriving that this would be not be possible. Given the time we said we'd discuss it in the morning. We were also asked about whether this was for a special occasion, we replied that it was part of our honeymoon which was strange as my husband told me later that he had already noted this down on booking. We were told that there would be some flowers put in our room the next day, which I think defeated the point of my husband telling them in advance for a surprise for me!

In the morning we agreed we were not happy with the room we had, that is to say, the room was great but the location not what we wanted - just not enough privacy or view for us as we like to sit out and there was a lot of coming and going of both staff and guests just yards away from our patio.

We asked if we could move to what we'd originally asked for - no availability at present (very busy in the whole resort at this time of year), and ended up spending a couple of nights where we were - not terrible by any stretch, the room was beautiful (I'm sure like all at this resort!).

We were moved after the first two nights to something which much better suited our needs, for which we were grateful to all staff who assisted. We were delighted to see Ashis, our butler we had from our previous trip, as well as Hassan, who both made the rest of our stay wonderful with their cheerful welcome each evening and helpful assistance with booking restaurants.

The main pool and beach areas were very busy each day, but not always with people - sadly many beds taken up by people getting their towels put down early on, then disappearing all day. It would be great if they could put a time limit on how long you leave your spot unattended for, then these areas would be half empty! Service around the pool and at the beach was a little hit and miss (trouble finding staff for towels, staff forgetting to bring water when we asked on a couple of occasions etc) which was never the case previously, maybe just not enough staff for the busy period perhaps.

The Abra drivers did not disappoint! Cheerful, friendly and chatty, they are one of the reasons we love this place!

We found the gym a bit of a faff to get to, so ended up on the jogging routes, which were great but could do with being signposted / dots on the floor every now and then, as we had to take a map the first time which is not great whilst running!

Restaurants of note: we loved Naya (Indian) so much, that we went twice in our week's holiday! Great service and the most beautiful, flavoursome food!

The Folly - the first time we'd eaten here and it was really fantastic. We tried to go here on our last night too but apparently no availability when we tried to walk in at 9pm (strange as was half empty a couple of nights previous, so booking is obviously a must I guess).

Pai Thai serves incredible food (and large portions), but getting a table in a nice spot seems to be a perseverance game - our butler booked a table for us. We requested a table outside on the decking by the water and were told to wait when we turned up on time, then offered a table just outside the main door in a cramped spot which we refused, 5 minutes later we were offered a much better table. It seems if at first you don't succeed, you must try try again...but it is a pain when you just want a relaxing holiday!

Trattoria Toscana
We probably won't return to this one - our first visit here a couple of years ago was fantastic, my second visit last year was ok, and this visit was a bit below average. It is a casual restaurant, but having i-pads on full volume and somebody filming themselves whilst they eat on the table next to you is pretty awful.

Speaking of i-pads on full volume.... breakfast is a nightmare for this! And it's not just the kids.. Obviously nothing the staff can do unless they ban them altogether! But perhaps a 'quiet zone' without i-pads / videos being played on phones would be the way forward? For a so called relaxing holiday, breakfast is noisy and a bit stressful!

So this trip was a bit of a mixed bag, perhaps more down to the time of year and it being so busy that we experienced these little hiccups.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MJGeneralManager, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Laura-LeighOnSea,

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent honeymoon stay with us at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf, Dubai.

I was of course concerned to learn of the various disappointing elements of your experience which fell below the high standards we strive to achieve. Please accept my sincere apologies for the negatives that you experienced and I have notified the relevant departments of the issues highlighted, and in our continuous effort to exceed guest expectations they will be taking corrective action. We continue to strive for excellence and your comments have been taken very positive and constructive manner.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Summerhouse of Madinat Jumeirah in the future.

Pinar Kartal Timer
Jumeirah Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf.