“Holiday trip”

Ranked #121 of 10,208 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our signature Culinary Flight dining experience invites you to explore Burj Al Arab's astounding repertoire of restaurants and bars, course by course. Your journey begins at Skyview Bar, before moving on through five of our most impressive dining venues. Prepare to be treated like royalty as each restaurant showcases its most sumptuous dishes in Al Muntaha, Al Iwan and Junsui. Next, a succulent main course awaits you at Al Mahara, where you'll take pride of place as our team of chefs prepare your meal to perfection. Finally, a decadent dessert in our stunning atrium lounge Sahn Eddar, will put the finishing touches on an unforgettable culinary experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It was the first time we had used Emirates. We were very impressed.
At the start of the flight we were given a menu for food and drinks to be served.
There was an excellent choice and we noticed that people who had different dietary needs were served a meal to their requirements. All meals were served with utmost care and professionalism. Again, we were most impressed. We would definitely recommend Emirates.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I am quite surprised when I see reviews form people who have not even been inside this hotel or used its services.
This is our second visit to this hotel and second Culinary Flight Meal experience.
Pre-dinner drinks at Skyview Bar, a starter course at Al Muntaha, an intermediate course at Scape Restaurant & Lounge, followed by a main course at Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara and a dessert at Sahn Eddar, all with wine pairing.
The greeting and hand over from venue to venue was wonderful.
We learned not to eat too many nibbles in the Skyview bar this time, nice as they were.
There was a choice of 5 starters in the Skyview bar, they came out wonderfully presented, the Oysters over dry ice.
In Al Mahara we had a choice of 5 dishes, again excellent. In fact it was 5 dishes to choose from in Scape and Nathan Outlaw. In Nathan Outlaw, the member of staff serving us was brilliant. He knew all about the dishes and how they were made, the Red Wine and Thyme Sauce with the Irish Beef Fillet was explained so well, as was the Warm Tartar Sauce than was with the Wild Cornish Turbot. We asked about the recipe for the Tartar sauce and were taken to the kitchen to meet the chef, Pete, we complimented the server to Pete as we felt he need to know how great he was. We were given the recipe.
Our last course in Sahn Eddar, again five desserts to choose from and the Raspberry Pavlova was amazing.
All the accompanying wines were well paired.
This is not a tourist site as some reviews say. Only guests or booked diners can come through, it was never busy waiting for a lift.
All the staff we met were courteous and professional, no fake smiles.
Was it cheap - no.
Was it worth it - oh yes.

1  Thank Terry W
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Flew on air emirates to Dubai from london even the business class lounge was incredible it was like being in a 5 star Hotel had a bed my own cubicle the food was 5 star
And the air hostesses and stewards were absolutely the best best flight I’ve ever had in my life

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Incredible place. Wonderful food but it’s the warmth and welcome of the people that make this place and this experience truly excellent. Couldn’t recommend more highly. Never have I been made to feel more special or valued as a client or guest.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

TLDR!
When the Burj was built and got the press, it was something that I was attracted to and wanted to visit. Time went by and the idea of staying there was gone, but I still thought of going. So when we booked a holiday to Dubai a visit was mandatory. Exactly what was unclear until I saw the Culinary Flight on the website and I was sold - a course at the different restaurants is exactly the thing I like.

We did the lunch with wine pairing. Scape / Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara / Al Muntaha / Sahn Eddar. 1680 AED - Approx $1200 AUD

The beginning...
We randomly got a plain (non branded i.e. Lexus) BLACK taxi cab from our hotel so what a start... A lovely journey to the hotel and an AWESOME welcome. At the gate - the security saw my booking for the culinary flight and was - YEAH MAN - that rocks. That is a great beginning!
Arrival...
Not so great - Not rude, but they were not sure of what we were there for. "Go upstairs and follow these instructions". Sure - but upstairs is this funky fountain so WOW ... I forgot the instructions. We ask at the first restaurant and they were not Scape and the men there were NOT happy to talk to us. "WE ARE NOT SCAPE so go away" Ok... The woman there took over and realised we were customers and walked us to the next man who got the lift for us. GOOD! Then it opened and again no-one - for SHIZZLE !?! At the worlds best hotel... No-one has a clue what is going on. So we walked outside and walked to a desk, to a person who WAS there - now disappeared. I am sure I saw someone and after waiting a minute - they appeared. Then the day began! Look, I love fun and that was an eclectic welcome so here we go...

Scape - 5/5 - we got a tour of the pools and a great starter. Very good service and we were walked to the next restaurant. The food / wait staff and sommelier at Scape are brilliant. Takes a bit longer at the first - because as before you order all courses. Plus he explained that wine would be more.

Nathan Outlaw at Al Mahara - 5/5 - Again starts with a tour - THIS IS A GOOD thing! Then .... WOW - The Aquarium - Job almost done. Food exquisite - Service impeccable, but FUN - water superb / sommelier - again - nailed what we wanted... Oh and the toilets were special. They forgot my jacket at the end, but nobody's perfect.

Al Muntaha - 3/5 A lovely welcome, but the nice waitress left. Then it was all formal and the issue with the flight came through AGAIN - that no staff no about it and we had to explain it. The staff said they were looking after us ... but not really as we had to explain what was going on and the while this place may want to act more conservative - we wanted friendly service and to have fun and the others - Scape / Mahara delivered that in Spades... There was no explanation of the food or wine as well... You do pay for the VIEW - because you get little else!

Sahn Eddar - the fun restarts as we overlook Wild Wadi and Rolls Royces bringing in guests. Plus the tourist walking around. Desserts were solid and it was a good experience. We paid the bill here. Tip - The coffee we had here and mineral waters throughout the meal are not added. You never know in Dubai, but it was probably in the fine print.

Leaving
The couple in front got the 'plain' cab in front and a White Lexus pulled behind. RANDOM - We got in - We are lucky :).

So... the above is what I experienced in MY eyes and what I believe to be correct ... And it was amazing and am happy to say 5/5. There were hiccups, but we were all working towards a great time and it was delivered.

Final - Don't fret about the still or sparkling or tea or coffee - that was not charged in our final bill.

1  Thank twcox74