“A variety of simple, healthy, food with no preservatives / artificial colours.”
Review of Balance Cafe

Balance Cafe
Ranked #1,973 of 10,516 Restaurants in Dubai
Reviewed 5 December 2015

Balance Cafe is on the 3rd floor of Oasis Centre on Sheikh Zayed Road. Clean, fresh, healthy food choices. Recently they had changed the menu too with several new items.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Unlike cities like London, Dubai rarely offers healthy option for food.This is a rare healthy food restaurant which offers an excellent menu.The Moroccan spiced chicken, wild mushroom and asparagus risotto and baked yogurt are must try.The ambience is great, could be a little livelier.

1  Thank Sreyasi S
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

We found the cafe during our visit in Oasis mall. Usually when shopping it's almost impossible to find a healthy meal in a shopping mall where fast food is on display.
At Balance Cafe they serve balanced/ healthy meals for vegetarians and meat lovers.
I had the quinoa dish and my husband tried the vegetarian lasagna. Both were excellent.
The portions were generous and more than enough if you want to watch your portion size.
The down side to or lunch it was the kids meal/ menu: not really designed for a child younger than 5.
The service was average. It is quite hard to get their attention even when the place was empty.
Our meal had good value for money - normal restaurant pricing for Dubai.
I will go back for another lunch/ dinner next time we visit the Oasis Mall.

1  Thank ClaudiaDina
Reviewed 27 September 2015

I hesitate to give away the secret as this is an oasis in Dubai. Very nice food in a super relaxed atmosphere. Good healthy options. And the prices are very reasonable. Americano is 10 AED which sets a good example for other places in Dubai. It would be nice if they also had Gulf News (there seems to be a boycot against GN in cafe's in Dubai).

1  Thank HPDubai
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I visited Balance Cafe with my wife for a late lunch just because we had coupons for it and because the concept sounded interesting. I was very sceptical of the taste and serving sizes.

The atmosphere is warm and the seating very comfy, the decor is interesting. The waitress was very helpful and suggested a few dishes.

We chose 4 main courses (yes for 2 people, I was that sceptical!!), no appetizer and no dessert.

We ordered vegeterian risotto, Morrocan spiced chicken, coriander chicken (with white rice) and Malbar Fish Curry (came with brown rice).

The risotto was perfectly cooked: creamy and just a bit chewy and the vegetables well cooked but with a hint of a crunch, it had asparagus, brocoli tips, feta cheese and raosted almonds on top. Better than what I had in many 5-star restaurants and possibly the best risotto I've had in Dubai so far.

The Fish curry was amazing, not too spicy, creamy with coconut milk and flavored with mustard seeds and curry leaves among other ingredients. The fish fillets were cooked just right and well ifused with flavor.

The coriander chicken was quiet spicy and flavored with green and I think dry coriander, intense flavor laden with spices. A superb dish even for a non chicken lover like myself, reminds me with the karahi only with more coriander and much less ginger.

The Moroccan chicken was very good but less spectacular than the other three: slices of roasted chicken breast (not my favorite) on a bed of very well made tomato based sauce with gentle spices, cuscus with veggies on the side (yummy) roasted bell peppers on top of the chicken and suteed corn and peas on the side. While the cuscus was great (steamed with veggies) the roasted peppers and the pease and corn didn't quiet belong though it gave a very nice presentation.

The portion size is very good, so for two people one salad and two mains is more than enough.

We scooped every last bit of the four dishes and were too full. A real yummy meal, I hope it was as healthy as advertised :)

Their main courses range in price from AED 36 - 49, the risotto is 37, the fish curry is 43 and the two chickens are 41 each. You just can't get healthy, gourmet food with good portions for this price anywhere else in Dubai.

Bravo Balance cafe nad I hope the quality (and prices) never change!!

1  Thank sardast