“A hidden gem”
Review of Balance Cafe

Balance Cafe
Ranked #3,507 of 9,977 Restaurants in Dubai
Reviewed 27 September 2015

I hesitate to give away the secret as this is an oasis in Dubai. Very nice food in a super relaxed atmosphere. Good healthy options. And the prices are very reasonable. Americano is 10 AED which sets a good example for other places in Dubai. It would be nice if they also had Gulf News (there seems to be a boycot against GN in cafe's in Dubai).

1  Thank HPDubai

Reviewed 23 August 2015

I visited Balance Cafe with my wife for a late lunch just because we had coupons for it and because the concept sounded interesting. I was very sceptical of the taste and serving sizes.

The atmosphere is warm and the seating very comfy, the decor is interesting. The waitress was very helpful and suggested a few dishes.

We chose 4 main courses (yes for 2 people, I was that sceptical!!), no appetizer and no dessert.

We ordered vegeterian risotto, Morrocan spiced chicken, coriander chicken (with white rice) and Malbar Fish Curry (came with brown rice).

The risotto was perfectly cooked: creamy and just a bit chewy and the vegetables well cooked but with a hint of a crunch, it had asparagus, brocoli tips, feta cheese and raosted almonds on top. Better than what I had in many 5-star restaurants and possibly the best risotto I've had in Dubai so far.

The Fish curry was amazing, not too spicy, creamy with coconut milk and flavored with mustard seeds and curry leaves among other ingredients. The fish fillets were cooked just right and well ifused with flavor.

The coriander chicken was quiet spicy and flavored with green and I think dry coriander, intense flavor laden with spices. A superb dish even for a non chicken lover like myself, reminds me with the karahi only with more coriander and much less ginger.

The Moroccan chicken was very good but less spectacular than the other three: slices of roasted chicken breast (not my favorite) on a bed of very well made tomato based sauce with gentle spices, cuscus with veggies on the side (yummy) roasted bell peppers on top of the chicken and suteed corn and peas on the side. While the cuscus was great (steamed with veggies) the roasted peppers and the pease and corn didn't quiet belong though it gave a very nice presentation.

The portion size is very good, so for two people one salad and two mains is more than enough.

We scooped every last bit of the four dishes and were too full. A real yummy meal, I hope it was as healthy as advertised :)

Their main courses range in price from AED 36 - 49, the risotto is 37, the fish curry is 43 and the two chickens are 41 each. You just can't get healthy, gourmet food with good portions for this price anywhere else in Dubai.

Bravo Balance cafe nad I hope the quality (and prices) never change!!

1  Thank sardast
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

We discovered it while being in oasis mall then we decided to try it out having never heard of it before.
1. The staff could be nicer and more attentive.
2. The menu had fresh and new dishes which I found interesting. They are nicely cooked.
3. Veggeterians and non Veggeterians will enjoy it.
4. Is it worth a second visit? The food isn't delicious but its well seasoned with a good taste. If you are into healthy meals then it is a must try.
5. They offer workshops about healthy food and health in general which is lovely.
6. I was content with the quantity on my dish while my husband wasn't with his.
All in all, it was a new and nice experience.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

Interesting menu with a promise of healthy food, not just calorie counting but also good fresh food without artificial preservatives , coloring & additives. The menu informs you about the calories you'd consume with each dish so if you are on a diet, you could order accordingly, as well as interesting bits of nutritional advice.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

over priced, poor quantity, the lady who severed us (me & my wife) was very rude. She was the one with blue shirt, she was behaving like she got dumped my her boyfriend then and there. Never going back. Very bad.