“Awesome experience, special thanks to Ms.Kaur”

The Talk Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 10,290 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: USD 35 - USD 75
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went to Talk for Indian nights. It was really awesome experience. The food was excellent and we were really spoil t for choices. Food variety and quality was excellent. But evening would not have been complete if did not mention ms.Kaur. I would really like to mention her as she was excellent at her customer service. She not only took us through the excellent food and what to try. Even though the evening was really busy she was really awesome the way she carried her self with a smile and was every time time at our table to guide us. Kudos to you Ms.Kaur. We will definitely come back to talk.

2  Thank will s
MovenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at The Talk Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Will,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit with us at the Talk Restaurant.

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed the excellent level of service provided by my colleague Kaur, who made every effort to ensure you had a memorable dining experience with us. I have forwarded your kind compliments to her and she is equally happy to hear that her efforts were well appreciated.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed all our meals at the talk , so much choice, always fresh and plentiful. Special thanks to Chaniza, Thakur , Kaur , Neil and Raj who always looked after us so well and always had a welcoming smiles.

1  Thank Sue T

Dear Sue,

I was glad to read that you had a memorable dining experience at our restaurant and that you enjoyed the variety of our culinary offerings, as well as the level of service provided by my colleagues. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We have returned for another brunch at the TALK Movenpick in JBR. This is worth revisiting as this continued to impress us all the time. There are many brunches in the city and some boasts as the best however, experience may be too crowded, too busy or even rowdy. This one I say should be considered as one of the city’s bests. The live music sounded just right, very pleasant and relevant to the ambience that the restaurant is creating, this adds to the lovely hours spent with loved ones and food and drink. Selections of food truly is excellent and meeting Executive Chef (Martin—I hope I got his name right) while he walks around and few chats we can get— from the seafood, stews, steaks, roasts, curries, pasta, salads – all of the above, for us is above and beyond… and wait until you get to a secretive dessert kingdom! I have never seen a walk in dessert closet before. It was beautiful and could be just my room of the day!

I can go on with this review longer but summarizing this as truly one of best gems in Dubai without being too exaggerated with price! You can both access the SOUL restaurant too in the same level and may also go outside by the pool for sunshine and breeze if you like with a refreshing drink in your hand.

Highly appropriate for all, and children have an outdoor area to play at.

We commend everyone in the team for putting up a great brunch every week. To Mariamme-- we have the best guest relations encounter with you and thank you for looking after us and surely everyone at the restaurant just to make a Friday be always a lovely one. Your team Mriuraj, Yosuf, and Kim for coming along and checking up on us. See you soon and we are coming back. Glad that happy hour is always timely when brunch finishes so we sat overlooking the pool and lit up towers in a comfortable gazebo until 7pm.

1  Thank Jewel R

Dear Jewel,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind compliments regarding the the ambiance of our popular restaurants, as well as the facilities and the level of service provided by my colleagues, wo made every effort to ensure all of you had a memorable dining experience with us.

It would be our great pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Went to The Talk with family friends few days ago to celebrate husband's birthday. It was so called the Asian Night. Overall the foods was just ok and can tell some of them are came from the food suppliers. Salad Som Tam was quite salty and the Peking Duck pancake was quite dry.

To show the diversity of Asian Theme night, my personal suggestion is some Thai fishcakes, Vietnamese rice paper spring roll or Korean Kimchi Pancake or salad with Japanese sesame dressing or satay sauce for appetizers. Curry laksa noodle, sweet and sour prawn/ chicken or chicken rice from Malaysia and Singapore, Nasi Kampung Goreng from Indonesia or stired fried vegetable and Briyani rice for main course. Mango sticky rice or egg tart or fried banana for desserts.

The 3 great points of this dining is 1. The sushi has improved so much and taste very sticky and moisture than before.
2. Service/ staffs is always the highlight of this restaurant. They work as a team to make sure the we are happy and welcome especially Mr Thakur. He is very professional and cheerful person who has an amazing memory to remember us and served us in timing basic. That's why my husband was so impressed and happily tips him more than before. We will difinately come back again. Thank you very much Mr Thakur.
3. The kids playarea is another attraction that we can have peace of mind of having gathering with friends and kids can play by themselves.

Overall we had a great time with friends at the restaurant.

1  Thank Agnes L

Dear Agnes,

I was glad to read that you had a memorable dining experience at our restaurant and that you enjoyed the level of service provided by my colleagues, especially Thakur. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your friends back very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Talk Restaurant is a very nice Place, indeed. It is a Place for excelent food and service, but moust of all, it is a Place of Talk! The staff are the major asset in this restaurant - apart form excelent service and very good food - the staff come form many corners of the World, they are very nice, talk about ther families and life-situations in there homelands. I had a very good time among them and the manager Mr Kuriala Koshy.
Go to the Talk Resturant at the Mövdenpick JBR and enjoy yourselves.

1  Thank Ingemar C