“Golden Sands 3”

Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Ranked #206 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Golden Sands apartment takes a whole block in Dubai. As far as I understood 1 is the oldes, 10 is the newest bulding. Our was GS 3 adjoined to GS 5, I did not see big difference between those 2. The hotel looks like concrete 7 store apartment block. It was clean and simple, but quite old. Room was spacious, unfoldable bed was OK for our 9 years old, but it was not ready when we had arrived, so we hadhad to wait untill someone comes and makes up the bed, which was rather unconvinient 5 o''clock in the morning.
Kitchen had everything necessary for simple cooking. The balcony is almost non existant, it is more like a french window. It is not allowed to hang out anything on the balcony, so we had to dry our swimming suits and beacj topwels in the shower room.
Breakfast was very simple, our daughter ate almost nothing there, for adults it was OK. There were variety of Indian dishes. Guests are very international, indians, pakistanians, locals, russians, english, german and fdremnch speaking, some eastern europens.

I think during our stay the hotel was full most of the time.
We had booked the hotel via travel agency in Latvia because we needed a visa and we knew before hand we would be staying at GS 3. Our friend had booked just GS without number via booking engine. I had contacted the hotel asking if we can stay at the same building. I did not receieve any reply, butr when we arrived we found out we are staying next door, so we were very gratefull to the hotel.

THere are 2 swimmong pools available - one in GS 3, near the restaurant, very small, always full of kids, but it get warm very quickly and it is noce atmosphere there - music, then barbeque at noon. The second pool is on the roof of GS 5 - always very cold, and it is windy there, but not so many people.

The hotel offers free of charge transfer to the beach, but we read aboiut it only on the last day, so we had never used it.

Room Tip: we wre on 7th floor, was OK, don't expect any view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Pilseta
Write a ReviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this place because of the attractive prices and close to the old town (well but in fact not THAT close, though there is a metro station within a 10-minute walk). The staff were very nice and helpful during check in and check out, and seemed willing to help if you have any queries. I stayed in 2 rooms during my stay because of different booking, and the first one I stayed was not very good, with smell of sewage in toilet though the place was very clean indeed. The room is spacious especially since I travelled alone, with a very large king size bed and a living room area. The kitchenette is nice with every utensils you needed for cooking and all looked clean though I didn't have chance to use them, and there are washing machine and microwave oven as well. The best part to stay in this place is the free wired internet which is not free in many hotels (I tried to search this for hours on hotel booking website). There is a pool on top of the building and I only got time to try it once, it seemed quite nice staying there and enjoy the sunshine. Overall I had a pleasant stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms on 7/F so that you can get to the pool at the top easily
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Louis L
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip and chose it specifically for the unlimited free internet however the first night I couldn't get it and on my 2nd night a technician spent a couple of hours sorting it, but sort it he did.

The hotel is plain and simple although there are two pools and the rooftop one was quiet with plenty of space unlike the 1st floor pool. Overall is relatively quiet as it's off the main road althogh this had it's disadvantages too as some taxi drivers had trouble finding Golden Sands 3 as there are 11 of them all in the same area.

The kitchenette was good value and after a supermarket trip to Spinneys (10 dirham taxi ride away) I made myself breakfast and dinner each day - mainly due to my work schedule. I did try the restaurant once but it was over priced and basically fast food meals. Two or three doors down the road is a small 'supermarket' which had basic things and was 24/7.

The room did have a washing machine but as it was a washing machine/dryer in one I didn't use it as I don't like them.

All rooms had a balcony and mine over looked the pool which was quite pleasant. Also the room was actually quite big when I compared to colleagues who were staying elsewhere and paying more.

I had to get a taxi to work every morning and it was relatively easy to hail a cab in the street - they were quite plentiful - late one afternoon I used the hotel's 'limousine service' - a glorified cab with no advantages which was three times the price of a normal cab so beware of that trick.

All in all it was a pleasant place to stay - the hotel staff are courteous but basically leave you alone and don't volunteer anything unless asked. The lifts were quite busy at work times as I was aware that many expats actually live in the building full time.

Would recommend it for people on a budget who aren't going to spend a lot of time in the ritzier malls and Jumeriah beach area as it's miles away and cost a fortune in taxi's to get there.

Room Tip: All rooms were realtively quiet although overlooking the pool is better than facing brick walls and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bollidarling
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Had booked a 2 bedroom appartment and were pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness.we spent 4 very comfortable nights Certainly not luxurious or super deluxe but was very neat and tidy and cosy .Location is very good . There is a supermarket just across which will fulfill all your daily needs. Ten min walk will bring you to a choice of indian restaurants ...sukhsagar stands out . They also offer door delivery . The Furniture especially living room , carpets and toilet had a tired look .The gym needs a overhaul very badly ,had a funny odour .Check in was super fast and smooth ,however check out took long time .All in all no regrets as it offered total value for my money strongly recommend for a practical traveller and indian families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the supermarket .
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed late April 2012 at GS3 for 2 nights. Location was good for our needs, room was quite large, staff helpful. The room was, however, very dirty when we arrived, particularly the shower and toilet. Breakfast was not great. If visiting the city again we would look for another location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple