“Fabulous Hotel!”
Review of Grand Hyatt Dubai

Grand Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #62 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great view and excellent venue also! the restaurants inside are also really great. Tasty food! the staff is very friendly and treated my kids and wife very well. My wife was sick during our stay in Dubai and was very well taken care of at the hotel, the staff would send fresh fruits and juice every morning. Great job guys!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 639g_m
Write a ReviewReviews (3,996)

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Impressed again on my second stay for a conference. Abundant but not overbearing staff, polite and professional. Nice rooms and views. Great spa. Nice restaurant choices, although inexpensive options are sparse. Not super-opulent, but has anything I'd ask from a hotel. Close to the airport—right across the creek. I stayed four nights for a three-day conference and did not feel compelled to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aerocraft67
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Comfortable room, several restaurants, excellent indoor pool, fitness and spa. Good location. It's ideal for conferences.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We arrived from Paris at 7am Dubai time.Our party consisted of a 4.5 year old and grandma! After reading Trip advisor reviews we chose to prepay for 2 x Creek view rooms (requested adjoining)We waited 2 hours to check into 1 room which was ok as official check in time was 2pm we had no expectations of being admitted to our rooms before that! First impressions lobby conceirge and reception staff are delightfully friendly and make you feel welcome.Rooms are impressive large king size beds with nice fresh linen. Bathroom was huge with everything you could ever need including a magnification mirror perfect for makeup!Facilities include a beautiful GRAND SPA, numerous pools,(one inside) ok kids club and very adequate gym also an outdoor running track. Close to airport. 10 minute taxi ride to dubai mall.Food service and quality of food was very good. Second impressions: here goes! Glad we only paid for basic room package (thanks to Trip advisor previous reviewer)as the hotel reception was so kaotic it is a business hotel.It was another 2 hours later before we got assigned 2nd room - 2 hours after official checkin time. However because they had given us 1 room much earlier we didnt complain.But we were all getting tired and cranky so we went for a swim we had been promised the 2nd room at 3pm.Coming back from the pool at 4pm we discovered that our adjoining room was still not ready AND still occupied.The occupant was a man who was smoking with his room door open and cigarette smoke was billowing down the hallway!This floor was non smoking only -travelling with a child and being serious non smokers = totally unacceptable. I approached reception and explained the problem (we did not want to stay in a room that had been smoked in)whilst my husband tried to keep our little man awake until we could change rooms. He had been up for 18 hours straight at this point. The duty manager was efficient and very apologetic he offered to transfer us to a different room but did not have any adjoining rooms available as was fully booked. So I concluded whether the guy was smoking on a mon somking floor or not -our other room would not have been ready and we would of been inconvenianced regardless! the duty manager offered a solution of moving us temporarily to a room on the flip side of the hotel ( airport side) which was less than what we paid for and noisy - only to be moved yet again when 2 adjoining rooms become available This means we would move to 3 rooms in total with a small child in tow naturally I politely declined.He failed to remedy the situation and said there was no other option. I thanked him for his efforts and was polite but stated that his solution was unacceptable I apologized in advance to the duty manager and informed him that I would give him some time to come up with a better solution and that I was returning to the room and would send my husband down, who has had 1 hour sleep in the last 24 and would not be as pleasant to deal with as myself. i also mentioned that my husband would most likely demand compensation. At which point the duty manager asked me to please wait and disappeared to the back office. He emerged 10 minutes later and announced that he had "found" 2 x adjoining rooms on the creek side of the hotel described at the" Executive Club level "and offered to take me to the rooms to inspect before relocating my family. Upon inspection the rooms were suitable and he also informed me of the benefits of access to the Executive Club lounge which were free wifi, hot & cold drinks and lights snacks available as well as happy hour,buffet breakfast and limosine service to airport ( merc town car)for the duration of our stay which I thanked him & accepted. It was a bit of a drama having to relocate my now sleeping 4.5 year old 8 bags and grandma in tow but he promptly sent up a porter who took care of us in no time at all and it was very gracious of the hotel to do so.The duty manager also informed me that the smoking guest had been asked to vacate the premises and he apologised profusely. It was a fresh start the hotel had redeemed itself. With the exception of a few staff members in the club lounge the female staff thought they were doing us a favor just bringing us a cuppa, typical of this brand of hotel.So I looked after my family myself as it was a buffet set up and frankly I could do without the aggrivation. I have a theory and it goes like this = if you dont like working in hospitality then spare the rest of us mere mortals the drama and try someting else that you do enjoy lol! We booked 2 treatments at the GRAND SPA hubby had a massage and I had the frankinsense and gold scrub/treatment both were fantastic. It exceeded our expectations beautiful calm enviornment with quality products and exceptional staff 10/10 and for $150aussie (each)for 90mins scrub massage and rehydrate a bargain!Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes because it was hard finding a hotel under $500 au a night (we required 2 rooms for 2 nights = $2k)that had facilities that what we wanted.eg: indoor pool spa etc.However coming home and discovering that the Executive level rooms on creekside sold for around $695 I have to say this "extra service" was not value for money rooms and facilities were same. If I had a budget of $700pn I would of stayed elsewhere as whilst nice this hotel is dated BUT the stroppy service in the executive club lounge was uncalled for and irritating my 4.5 year old had better manners! I would describe it as a "business hotel" with excellant family friendly relaxation facilities and at the ground level the staff were delightful.TIPS: DO book the basic rooms and CREEK SIDE is less noisy with nicer views. Do expect possible hiccups at check in (we were not the only customers being inconevnianced the welcome lounge was half full) especially if you have more than 1 room booked BUT they will upgrade you if they cause any inconveniance. DO request a room near an elevator as you will spend 5 minutes trying to find a lift- this hotel is massive! Do expect to pay $7au by the pool for a coke and $100au for 4 people for lunch! Cabin crew stay here from a few different airlines so...thats always a good indication - 8/10

Room Tip: Creek side near an elevator request non smoking at time of booking floor 11 upwards
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank McGorgey
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Comfortable, spacious rooms with all minor details taken care of. You can travel without a care. All amenities are provided. Great conference facility. Near the airport. Short drive to the nerve centre of the city. Regret could not spend too much time in the hotel & enjoy it's numerous restaurants and leisure activities as Dubai has too much to explore and experience.
An action and fun packed trip!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo