“Just perfect!”

Ranked #30 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked 2 suite for my parents and my husband and I. and we actually get a two bed suite. It is very spacious, 2 living rooms and 2 bedrooms over 2 floors. all bath accessories are hermes. It has breath taking view from the big windows in every room. service is of course brilliant.
There are several restaurants inc alrab, european, chinese and indian food.

we wanted to extend our stay, but unfortunately the hotel is fully booked.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Yangchen L
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, 16 April 2012

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in our Two Deluxe Bedroom Suite along with your family.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

I have noted your comments regarding your inquiry for possible extension of your stay and unfortunately there was no availability due to our full occupancy. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect as the hotel was fully booked. However, we are really looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Burj Al Arab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The staff is amazing, the rooms are not our taste of interior, but the quality is good. The service is great and everything will be arranged what you ask for. And we asked for different things and all was arranged. Take the RR for a drive, have drinks at the skyview bar and enjoy everything else this icon has to offer.

Downside in my opinion is that they let to many tourist buses in. Our check in at hotel was not a good experience, to many tourist in the way.

Room Tip: one of the top floor ones
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marcel m
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, 12 April 2012

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us particularly our service. I have conveyed your compliments to our staff members and they are all very pleased to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet all your expectations.

I have noted your comments regarding the number of tourists that were in your way during your check in. Kindly note that we only allow guests into the hotel whom either have a suite or restaurant booked with us. However I can understand your disappointment when you encounter too many guests at the same time. Please note that I have addressed your comment to our Concierge Manager and Security Manager who will ensure that our valet parking team and our security team at the gate are monitoring the traffic for a smoother access to all of our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

London
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have read it said by celebrities that once you fly by private jet, you are ruined for commercial travel for ever after. Similarly, my biggest problem with the Burj Al Arab is that it has spoilt me in terms of what I have come to expect from service. There is, quite simply, nothing and no place I have ever been that compares with it in this area.

I said to my husband that staying at the Burj al Arab gave me some inkling of what it must be like to be a Rock Star (minus the talent and substance abuse issues that is) - with an entourage that never say no and make everything happen for you at the snap of your fingers. Not sure this is a good thing mind, but when you are on holiday, why not right? Time to enjoy.

There are many examples of it, but here are two: On the first morning we arrived the staff asked me what I would like to drink to accompany the (excellent) breakfast buffet. I said something to the effect of, "Well, I appreciate this is a long shot, but is there any chance you do vegetable juice?" I had been juicing back in London and was quite prepared to forgo this for our two week holiday. Well, no need. The waiter took my preferred list of ingredients and a few minutes later returned with two freshly made glasses of juice. The next morning one was produced without my asking, and every day for the rest of our holiday. The juice got better each time, as the person making it evidently experimented with ingredients.

One morning I filled in one of those little customer review forms they sometimes include with the check. I said that breakfast was lovely, but it would be a real treat if they had a pork bacon station as some of the other Jumeria hotels in Dubai do. I know, I know, but I do love bacon, and so do my children.

The next morning I sat down to breakfast, and as if by magic, a plate with bacon (beautifully cooked) was placed in front of me. The manager explained that by Dubai law they are not permitted to have bacon with the buffet (I think it's a matter of proximity to the other food which the larger hotels can manage but not a smaller one), but that they were very happy to make it for me on request. The next morning a plate was produced without my asking.

Oh, and here's another one that really impressed me: On the occasions that our butler (see below for more on butlers) booked restaurants for us, I was always greeted by the waiter with a "Good afternoon/good evening Mrs X, I believe you have a gluten free diet, please let me point out which dishes are appropriate on our menu." That was a great touch I thought.

Which leads me to an important point about the service and what I think makes it so unique; The staff at this hotel, from the butlers, to the waiting staff, and even the blessed people who cleaned up the wreck our room was in the mornings - all of them seemed to pride themselves on being a step ahead of you and knowing what you wanted or needed even before you did.

The way the Burj works is that each floor has a butler, which is really just an antiquated term for a go-to person that organises things for you, books yours dinners, spa services, etc. They even take newly purchased toys and find a screwdriver and insert the batteries for you. These lovely people learn your names and the names of your children and you are warmly greeted each time you pass through, any heavy-looking bags are taken off of you, and you are escorted to your room. And forget needing a key as they always open the door for you anyway.

The decorating in the suites (they are all duplex btw), is famously colourful, and not to everyone's taste. It took me a few days to get used to it, and it can be quite jarring. A bit Liberace chic, and the decorator evidently felt it necessary to use his/her vivid colour palate liberally with a good splash of gold when in doubt. So if you like a very clean calm white and beige-type feel in your bedroom to help you relax and sleep at night, this is not the hotel for you. The mirror on the ceiling above the bed was also interesting, which warranted a creative explanation by us for our 4-year-old daughter as to its function. The views however are awesome, despite the purple brocade curtains that framed it.

Children under 6 eat free, but not via room service. We'd take our children to the pool restaurant (Bar Al Yam) in the evenings and enjoy a glass of wine while they had their dinner. And forget microwaved fish fingers, pizza and chips - think beautifully cooked little steaks, dover sole, pasta's, etc. Our kids genuinely loved the food.

They also have an excellent baby-sitting service. The woman arrived at our hotel in the evening with two phones - one for us and one for her, so a direct link should we need to speak to her or vice versa. We used the opportunity to visit their famous Sky Bar on a few occasions (breathtaking views over Dubai at night), and also their excellent fish restaurant.

In terms of kid friendliness, the staff are all lovely, friendly, and good humoured and not at all averse to the massive mess they make wherever they go, as one might expect from a hotel of this calibre. There is a kids pool next to the family pool. There aren't fountains and see-saws and sprayee-type things as you get at the Al Qasr's Sinbad kids club (although you do have access to that). It's a little paddling pool and provided you take some plastic toys, it's fine for the toddlers. My 2-year-old son liked playing in it, and my 4-year-old daughter enjoyed floating around in her life jacket in the family pool.

There is a kids club too, but it's a single smallish, windowless room on the 18th floor with toys in. The TV, albeit on a kids channel, was constantly on which I found annoying, especially given the lovely selection of toys rendering it quite unnecessary. Fine for about an hour or so if you want to get the kids out of the sun, but not more than that.

For the ladies and men who like their smellies, the bathroom cosmetics for your use are, wait for it, Hermes. Which you can enjoy while you luxuriate in the large (think Magnum PI) jacuzzi bath. And every evening your get a little gift on your bed at turn down. The kids got so much chocolate they may well require early root canal treatment, and my husband I got an array of lovely goodies such as perfume (more Hermes, oh yes!), chocolates, mobile phone cleaning gadgets (?), and cosmetics. Like little loot bags at the end of a really good kids party.

Would we go back? I loved it for the experience - it's so opulent, the service is superb, and well, there is Hermes in the bathroom. Is it for children? Well, you may need to get a buggy to the bigger kids club or across to the Executive pool at the Jeremiah Beach Hotel on occasion. And there's always Wild Wadi to visit. But given that it helps to have a daily excursion, however small, with small children anyway, it seems like a minor detail. Think of it as a family hotel for people who don't like family hotels.

Biggest plus: Superb 'nothing is too much trouble' service
Biggest minus: Terribly expensive

Room Tip: We managed to get a good(ish) deal by using a booking site as opposed to booking directly with the h...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank lettersfromlondon

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab as in our business satisfaction comes primarily from one source and that is you our customers sharing with us wonderful experiences while staying in our establishment. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience particularly our service, the staff, amenities and your culinary experience in our outlets.

Kindly note that I have forwarded your comment regarding the TV being always switched on in our kids club to the team and a schedule will be placed to maintain the operation of the TV.

I would like to thank you once more for your great feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you and the family back in Burj Al Arab,

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Rumson, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We paid for a spa package which included day use of the facilities, massage, spa, beach, and dinner. It was well worth it! Look into this, much better than the tea. We arrived and were toured through the spa, given lockers and then went down to lobby. A golf cart awaited us to take us to their beach, a short walk away. Upon arrival at the beach, we were greeted by name and walked to our nice chairs and umbrella. We were given a bucket of cold bottled waters, facial mist spray, and cold ice facial towels. The man set us up with our chairs and we enojed some pampered beach time. After a couple of hours at the beach we returned to the hotel spa. We swam in the infinity pool on the 18th floor with beautiful views of the sea, used the whirlpools and relaxed. FYI, there is a lifeguard on duty, Of course, the whole spa is female only, as men have their own spa. The service in the spa was outstanding, as was the facility. We also used the steam, sauna and plunge pool. After we went in the relaxation room and my daughter and I each were taken to very large private massage suites. There were floor to ceiling windows with great views again of the sea and Atlantis. The masssage was very good. After we remained in the lounge having tea. Then showered and one of th emany attendants dried our bathing suits in the spin dryers, we were given items and got ready for dinner. We had dinner at Jensui, an Asian buffet restaurant. Waiting for us at the table was a rose for my daughter, When requesting the package I had to email to ask if they would allow(min age was 16) my daughter and told them she was turning 13 while in Dubai and this package was her present. Dinner and service was again excellent. At the end, they even brought out a small chocolate birthday cake for her!!! then we were given 2 boxes of small decorated chocolates. A great ending to a wonderful day. Was about 1900 AED, and well worth it!

1 Thank de113
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I don't know how anyone can give this hotel anything but 5 stars! I stayed in a honeymoon suite. Luxurious does not begin to describe the amenities. The staff was superb, the facilities modern and elegant, the view was gorgeous, the property immaculate, the beach pristine, the restaurants pleasant. I could go on for days. I have stayed in places all over the world. It will be hard to ever stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite - amazing!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank prettykey
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, 9 April 2012

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are all very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in Burj Al Arab. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team in the hotel and everyone is delighted to see that their efforts are so greatly appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab for another memorable holiday.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Burj Al Arab