So we have just checked in after a long flight at 9.30pm and our room was supposed to be a sea view with a balcony. It was a terribly small room and bathroom and our balcony was literally above the 'club lounge' People sitting outside could look up into our room
Very disappointing first impression considering a week here for my husband's 30th has set me back close to £2,500
They agreed to move us the following day which they did, however I couldn't help but feel very annoyed because I pay per night.
On the 2nd day they moved us to a similar sized room but higher up.
I think the rooms are very nice but not very big, however higher up you can see the sea.
The staff were absolutely AMAZING, constantly bringing us complimentary fruit and on my husbands birthday they gave us a lovely cake, card and chocolate dipped strawberries!
Everyday the breakfast buffet was extensive with a good selection of breads / pastries / eggs / cheeses / fruit / cereal / fried goodies
The beach is stunning with lovely soft sand and the sea was clean and nice. Only complaint was that the walk from the actual sun lounger on the sand to the sea was a bit far across some very hot sand. There were about 3 pools, all which had numerous sturdy loungers and were very comfortable. The loungers on the beach were very nice and had a little pillow on them which was lovely for taking a snooze and drying off after a dip in the sea.
My husband and I ate in the Maya restaurant which was mexican. Very tasty food but a bit pricey. We had a main each and 2 soft drinks but the bill came to a very expensive 250DHMs (£44)
After that we didn't eat in any of the hotel's restaurants but we did go for shisha and a mocktail in Al Khaima which was a beautiful arabic themed garden restaurant.
The Club lounge access was good too, where in the evenings we could have complimentary wine / mocktails and some tasty canapes. My husband and I don't drink but we saw plenty of people taking advantage of the free wine and spirits.
I think the best selling point about this hotel is its service and its location. Everyone is so smiley and happy and helpful. The location is AMAZING. Its only about 10DHM to the emirates mall, 25DHM to the Atlantis water park, 50DHM to Meena Bazaar, 10DHM to Dubai Marina and the Jumeirah Beach walk is around the corner. We spent many a night just walking down the long strip of JB with loads of restaurants and coffee places open as late as 3am!
The room size was disappointing. For the money spent I was expecting something bigger and a bigger balcony. Other than this the hotel itself and its facilities are amazing. The restaurants are extortionate but I guess thats to be expected considering its a 5 star hotel.
A burger and chips for 2 on the beach cost about £40 which was also very expensive.
In other hotels I have stayed at a meal on the beach is luxury but here it was too expensive to do more than once.
Great place, probably would return but only if I had plenty of money to spend.
I gave it 4 out of 5 because it is an amazing hotel but I think the value for money might be lacking and the prices too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Otel, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai