Gloria Hotel
USD 102*
FourPoints.com
USD 340*
USD 245*
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
USD 214*
USD 238*
USD 347*
USD 337*
  • Pool
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
USD 242*
USD 202*
  • Beachfront
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
USD 145*
USD 142*
3,597 results
All reviewsmetro stationsky loungedubai internet citymini marketdry hotelwashing machineexecutive floorcity viewnice hotelliving roomswimming poolbusiness tripsheikh zayed roadpleasant stayroom servicehouse keepingburj al arab
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Last year we were in Dubai staying in the Gloria Hotel in Internet City. Well, it was not the best choice. The rooms weren't very clean and the staff sometimes was unfriendly. We read some older reviews before our booking and they all were fine - strange.

The location of the hotel is loud due to traffic. Fortunately our room was towards the sea. On the other hand the central location is good for shopping.

The pool was nice and the restaurant as well. We had a big room, but it needs to be renewed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kid77
Reviewed 19 September 2012

*Advantages:
1- This hotel is located right close to the Metro station And is very easy access with taxi and rental car as well.
2- Big rooms and high ceiling
3- Good sky view
4- Nice Air condition
5- fair price
6- The furnitures in the room are elegant and new.

*Disadvantages:
1- The first thing you going to totice is the waiting lines for the Elevators.

2- Reservation desk was not helpful to change our room from 2 two bedrooms to one biger suite even with extera charges.
3- The lady at the reception for morning buffet was not informed and every morning was asking about how many are we and what room and she was confirming with the front desk and her attitude was not respectful.
4- This hotel is Noisy at nights (kids/ teenages)
5- if are a little bit late for the morning breakfast buffet (10.45)! You won't find anything to eat!
5- Room service has not picked up some dirty glasses from the last night.

6- The outdoor Pool at 8th floor was located on the shadow side of the building. No sun after 12 noon!

7- We could not able to connect to other rooms or front dear through the phone in our room. The phone was not working all the time.
8- Extra  bed mattress was a very cheap material.
9- Safe box had a problem to be locked so it was just a box.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank PsychoTripFORlife
Reviewed 11 September 2012

For my very first longhaul flight and vacation I decided to fly to Dubai. The airline was pretty quickly selected and the only item that was missing was the hotel. After having checked tripadvisor and other sources I decided that the stay for my was the Gloria Hotel in internet city.

A choice that I haven't regretted in the slightest. The hotel staff were very friendly. Especially Jenny from reception who had to deal with an issue with regards to the booked room managed that superbly and I got upgraded to a lovely 2 bedroom suite with sea view! The suite itself was tidy and the minibar was stocked well. Then again I don't really need a lot but the assortment was nice. A plus point of the upgrade was that I was acommodated in a corner suite with two balconies overlooking the Palm Jumeirah island as well as Sheikh Zayed Road and in the distance the Burj Khalifa with downtown Dubai.

The location of the hotel for me personally wasn't a problem at all as the metro station is adjacent to the hotel itself. Travelling to Deira City Centre or anywhere else was quick and painless. Taxis are also readily available as well.

A word to the inhouse features. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and offeres a wide range of food from hot to cold. The ambiente is cosy and again the staff are all very friendly and made me more than welcome. I only had dinner once in La Terrasse which was great as well. Assorted selections o sushi etc. were available and made for a great dining experience. The room and laundry service are impeccable.

All in all this was a very pleasant stay at the Gloria Hotel. Very friendly staff, a good location, a tidy room, impeccable service and the atmosphere made this a very memorable stay for me. Would I check into this hotel again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: If you can afford book a room with seaside view or a corner suite. Then you will enjoy spectacular views from the balcony :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Theresa D, Guest Relations Manager at Gloria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Guest,

What a joy it was to read your comment that you had such a lovely stay with us! Thank you for complimenting Jenny from Reception with words of praise for being such a great help! She is a lovely lady indeed, and enjoys assisting our guests.

We pride ourselves in the fact that our suites are spacious and very comfortably furnished, which adds to your enjoyment and overall experience.

We love our guests, and when our guests are happy, we know we have succeeded in our mission, and that is : Our Home, Your Home!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Gloria Hotel!

Kind regards.

Theresa du Toit.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed in gloria hotel for 4 days, it was a nice experience as overall.The best experience in my stay was in Qutoof, the lebanese restaurant , great staff with tasty food and competitive prices. I took one Hommous,one mixed grill and one soft drink which cost me AED 78 only.
If you like to smoke shisha i recommand for you to try it in Qutoof terrace, it was very nice shisha with the fruit tobacco flavor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July on a business trip.
I chose this hotel over the hotel next door :-)
On the whole it was a pleasant stay, rooms are excellent, better than I expected.
However, I have to agree with most of the comments here, namely:

1. The reception staff need to be trained a little better in Customer Service, friendliness with a smile will not cost the hotel anything.
2. Internet Access. What is it with this hourly charging? Wifi should now be mandatory in 5 star hotels, and should be complimentary.

I work in the hospitality business and most top end hotels realise the importance of Wifi access for their guests.

Apart from the above, I really can not fault this hotel, and am actively considering staying there on my next business trip to Dubai.

P.s Try to get a room above floor 15... Fantastic views :-)

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mr_bob_x

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very valued comments about your stay with us. Its a pity you did not experience the beautiful smiles and friendliness of our reception staff, and you are right that it costs nothing. Please be assured that we will certainly take care of this matter as friendliness is one of the trademarks of the hospitality industry.

Regarding the matter of internet and wifi charges: This issue will be brought to Managements attention for consideration. Who knows, it might be different when next you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gloria Hotel.

Kind regards.