“Dubai even has great pizza!”

Carluccio's Dubai Mall
Ranked #618 of 10,286 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went to get a great seat for the fountains and tower show. Being a self proclaimed pizza aficionado, I did not expect much from the pizza. Gobble, gobble gobble, empty pie plate and a happy tummy! Great show and great meal.

Nadia S, Public Relations Manager at Carluccio's Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

We couldn't be happier to receive such a warm and appreciative review! Thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation as it's the satisfaction and happiness of guests as you who inspire us to maintain the high quality of our food and services. We will pass on your kind comments to our team as motivation to continue delivering the best food and service possible

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Yesterday was the worst dining experience of my life in Carluccio’s Dubai Mall. My mom & I were traveling. My mom is coming from US and I am coming from my Asian trip. We were in Dubai for a tour. Tired, exhausted from heat and hungry we would like to have an Italian pasta for lunch. We were welcomed by a Filipino then introduced us to this African lady who ushered us to our seat. We change our table for it is too hot and humid. When we moved to a different table we are ready to order. We call the attention of “Vanessa” as one of her colleagues said. She didn’t entertain us yet just told us someone will take our order yet nobody approached our table. Then we saw her “Vanessa” taking orders from a table of British/European customers. This is really terrible that made us feel discriminated from this restaurant.
My mom approached one lady to ask for a manager then this Filipino lady was apologizing for her colleague. Then my mom approached this Vanessa and This lady just grinned!
We felt that nobody in this restaurant couldn’t believe that we can afford to dine. This is a very bad experience for us. Terrible! We are a paying customer and take note we are traveling! It means that we have means to pay. Also we are dressed decently. Your supervisor approached for what??? Nothing happened.
To the management of Carluccio’s Dubai Mall:
Discrimination is totally and an absolutely a serious offense to any customer!

I will never dine in this restaurant again ever. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!! I will write this to all reviews, blog and Zomato!!

I have been to different countries but never felt this way. Worst!

Connie S, General Manager at Carluccio's Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Good day

Thank you for this feedback.

I would like to apologize profusely for the way you felt my staff treated you and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident that will be addressed with severe attention.

I have briefed all staff of this case and something like this will never happen again.

If you are still in Dubai please do come to the restaurant or send me your number to matthew.laubscher@landmarkgroup.com so I can personally give you a call and possibly meet you.

Once again I apologize on behalf of Carluccios Dubai Mall and my team.

Best Regards
Matthew Laubscher

Reviewed 27 March 2018

On the edge of Dubai Mall overlooking the fountains and with a great view of the Burj Khalifa and Souq al Bahar, this is one of our favourite eating places in Dubai, especially sat outside, and we've been going to Dubai for 15 years, so have eaten in plenty of places.

Standard Carluccio fare is largely reasonably quick meals offering a wide range of slightly unusual options. There's a great ambience here especially at fountain time when sat in the lovely warm evening air. Can recommend the pasta dishes.

The position is excellent, the ambience is good, it's a great place for watching the crowds, the service is good, the food is good for what it is and the cost is OK - what's not to like?

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Overlooking the Dubai Fountains Carluccio's is the perfect spot to take the lunchtime or evening fountain display in. The menu is lovely, and very Italian. All the options look delicious and the staff are so lovely and friendly.

Great view of the Burj Khalifa!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Had the best evening entertainment and fabulous food. The Burj put on a great light show, the fountain performed and we ate good food. The calamari was the best we had tasted and the pizzas so tasty and huge. Lasagne was filling. Service with a smile and pleasant natures. Thankyou

1  Thank 100Helen100