See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2015

good value for money...nothing fancy but good...good customer service and value for money restaurant with buffet lunch and dinner at reasonable price. lobby full of movements and seems hotel is liked by african travellers. overall, good stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank fshamid
Reviewed 23 June 2015

its like a night mare,,, i stayed few nights in this hotel (its a dry hotel),,, booked online by looking at the nicer pix and rate matters too... however when i reached there i realized that i made the worse choice of my life,,, what to do you paid and non refundable so i had to stay 4 nights... with a friend, he suffered too... when travelling on business purpose wifi is the most important thing im looking for,, they had free wifi but rather not have it... worse wifi connection ever... for the same rate you can find much better hotels i stayed later... i booked this very last min so had no time to check TA... u have to walk through a bazaar kind of a place to get here,,, so wont recommend for families and couples for sure.,.. its not good for a individual traveler either... unless u want to be in this area.. very close to the metro station that's the only advantage you have here... i personally would not go there again,,, im really sorry you need lot of improvements to have some have some good reviews on TA,,, i can imagine the ppl hu book these during the peak seasons when no rooms available anywhere else...

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank AmalYJ
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I was pretty scared of staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews posted on tripadvisor but a friend insisted that management has changed.
We stayed for 5 nights and got the deluxe room which is surprisingly comfortable it is slightly larger than the standard rooms with flat screen TV, mini kitchenette and sofas.
The new management has closed the pubs and clubs that used to operate there are quite a lot of renovations being done.
Breakfast was very basic.
It is literally 3 minutes walk from the metro station and everything is near and convenient.
All in all great value for money.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Fayaz K
Reviewed 24 March 2015

I stayed 1week here and its quiet, if you book into this hotel try 2nd and 3rdfloors .. There breakfast is fine, the TV is old not LED pr Lcd Tv! the cable channels is not good for Western Travelers as they only show arabic shows, and most of all the Aircon system is terrible its not working well.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank zizerp
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was on holiday in Dubai during the period 18.03.2014 to 03.25.2014, as a guest of Mount Royal Hotel. As I expected, I was fascinated by the many amazing sights of this beautiful country. But I was extremely frustrated by the actions of the employees of the Mount Royal Hotel. Were, asked me $ 100 as a deposit for the use of Hairdryer that I had to get the return of the unit. When he returned, upon leaving my hotel employee at the front desk gave me back only $ 50, explaining that this was the amount given by me. And I was paid $ 100 before. The difference of $ 50 I was not returned. The hotel manager stood by his employee and it turned out that I lie - for given $ 100 from me! The cost of a new Hairdryer is $ 10 in shop in Dubai! I extremely disappointed by the management and staff of Mount Royal Hotel. I would not repeat his visit there and recommend to all others not to go in Mount Royal Hotel. Do not go to Mount Royal Hotel!
My name is George Velitchkov from Bulgaria tel: 00359897950441.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family