1,981 results
All reviews dubai airport free shuttle breakfast box hi express short stay an overnight stay between flights shuttle service late arrival connecting flight an early flight stayed one night hour layover rooms are clean long layover breakfast was included metro station
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Very clean room and great service from all staff. Free shuttle from airport to hotel. Also have free shuttle to selected mall. All friendly and helpful staff. Have taxi service to wherever you want to go in Dubai. Can get all information from helpful receptionist.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank FionaW2071
Yasir R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Fiona W,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful comments about the experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback and thank you for giving us an excellent rating, this is something our staff takes great pride in it. We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express all over the world for my business travel. They are excellent usually because they are by the airport, offer comfortable no frills rooms with free breakfast. Unfortunately, this location falls very short of what should be expected of a common Holiday Inn Express, and the services one should expect.

The staff at this location are very nice and accommodating. They are the only saving grace of this property. They are very nice, and very helpful. This hotel's location is also great if you wanna just quickly sleep and have a layover, as it's only a walk away from the airport. But otherwise I really would not stay at this hotel unless you are forced to. The strong points about the hotel is that it's a walk to the main terminal of about 15 minutes, or you can take their free shuttle. The hotel is also newly built so things are clean and nice. The breakfast is also somewhat better than what you would get from a regular Holiday Inn Express. The location being a stones throw away from the airport means they are really not by anything so do not expect anything to be nearby. It's quite an off location, and I thought it looked out of place, but it's newly built and looks nice. Unfortunately the management at this location is arrogant, and stupid. Despite me trying to help them point out problems they could solve, they ignored me and told me I lied, and that I was wrong. Which can be typical of many customer service businesses in the UAE (I'm not sure why).

There were several problems that I encountered. The first was my assigned room was far away from the elevator bank. For whatever reason, the internet is strongest by the elevator bank, so make sure you request a room by the elevators so you can access the internet. I could not use the internet as the signal did not reach my room in my bed. So without staying outside my room and sitting by the elevators, I was forced to walk into the hallway to do my work on the ground by the elevator bank.

The second problem I had was that I could hear my neighbor. There is only a measly little wooden door separating rooms, and you can easily hear your neighbor if they are loud. My neighbor unfortunately was speaking Arabic very loudly, and I could not get rest until he left or he stopped talking. I wish they would amend this problem and make the insulation and connecting rooms quieter. That is a suggestion that the management should take seriously, but I doubt they will since they didn't take any other suggestion seriously.

The final problem I had, and this was a big one, I ordered delivery food from a restaurant that only accepted cash. I did not know this until I called them and had already placed the order. So I used the ATM on property to get some AED for my short overnight stay. This was the only time I used this ATM/debit card on my entire trip which spanned 5 countries, and two continents in 2 weeks. This ATM card was only used in Dubai, at this HIE, at this ATM machine on their property. So there is no other place it could have been stolen except at this HIE. I tried to tell the managers this, but again I was dismissed and they ignored me and told me everything was secure. If the management doesn't want to listen to customers, that's fine. I can move my business elsewhere with my feet.

When I got home I had purchases for airline tickets in the Philippines, and airplane internet in the Philippines. Obviously someone was able to gather my debit card information when I pulled it out to use at their ATM machine on this property. But again the management told me they knew it was safe and it could not be their property.... yeah whatever.

At the end of everything, I ended up checking out around 9pm and went to stay at another hotel. Between my neighbor talking, and no internet, there wasn't much I could do for my work as I absolutely needed internet so I had to check out I had no choice. I was a bit upset at HIE, as I believed I deserved a full refund since I did not even stay the night, but they only gave me a 50% refund.

My advice to everyone would be to stay at a different hotel, and only stay here if you absolutely have to for just a simple layover and some sleep. Do not expect anything else from this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator to get internet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JoshK2190
Yasir R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Josh K,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments about the experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. The feedback we receive from our valued guest like you is something we take very seriously to put the corrective measures to enhance the experience of our valued guests. I have forwarded your comments to concern department to investigate the matter and report Hotel General Manager, Please be informed your satisfaction is our number one priority. We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here, I was mainly there for a bit of plane spotting as well as seeing Dubai, Check in was very friendly, but one of the reasons we were there was so I could also do a bit of plane spotting as well as seeing Dubai so after emailing the hotel twice to sort a room with a view of the aircraft after being allocated room 168 I was starting to wonder if they listened, sadly I didn’t think so only to find I looked over reception and a palm tree in front of the window, I went to reception to talk about this and was moved up one floor to room 263 which was an improvement slightly so decided to stick with it. The room was ok but smelt very musty, it was an adjoining room although we only heard the next door guests once, the bathroom was adequate, but the fridge was constantly warm even though it was looked at. We had one meal in the restaurant one evening which was very nice, breakfast is quite a large selection even though mainly continental. There is shuttle to and from the airport every thirty minutes but can be a little hit or miss sometimes because of the traffic.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Yasir R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Nigel -St,

I appreciate your feedback, We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Best cooperative staff one of the great example of customer service I have ever go though with, I booked under reward nights points for my brother as I have to be there as well but due to busy at work I was not able to reach with my brother he arrived early morning around 8 am with having infant my nephew was getting irritated with weather as well need care instead of.waiting for me Fron Desk staff called me and iquire about the timing to reach I sent my ID by email and reached in evening.....a very highly appreciated service really
High floor with nice city view
Regards
Muhammad Awan

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Hammad A,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We spent one day here. It was really wonderful time. espeacially staffs, breakfast and rooms. Even outside was hot, but we spent pleasent time in this place. My friends and i enjoyed our transit time here.
What was the bonus - it is shuttle from and to hotel. and to the malls of Dubai.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Yasir R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Rosakhan,