2,632 results
All reviews dubai mall cabana restaurant burj khalifa direct access special thanks in room dining house keeping business trip excellent hotel the club lounge kids club na3na3 hind bloomingdales mr moses concierge
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I checked in at this hotel on three occasions over a three week period for business purposes. Each time I was given a noisy room, one over a construction site, the second next to the pool bar and the third over the main road. I had to go to the reception each time (no one answered the phone when I rang) and demand (since asking didn't do anything) to be moved higher up the hotel away from the noise since I was on business and needed sleep!

Each time I checked out I was wished a pleasant journey back to England even though they could see on the system I was returning to their hotel a few days later.

It's an overpriced hotel. Facilities are nice but the same as other hotels like the Shangri-La on Sheikh Zayed Road which is half the rate. A diet coke will set you back £3.50!

I visited the onsite hair salon with a friend and we both requested a wash and blow dry. She was charged AED150 and I was charged for AED450. When I challenged this I was advised because the stylist used curling tongs on my hair and trimmed the ends of my hair - both of which he just did as if it was part of the package- I think he saw me coming!! I would not recommend this place.

It is however perfectly located within the Dubai mall and the pool area is nice, with good staff and the spa is good.

So, in summary, if you have a big budget and don't need much sleep then it's okay but there are better hotels.

Room Tip: Ask to be high up, away from the construction and the pool bar!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank MissJetSetterUK
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear MissJettSetterUK,

Good day and thank you for your feedback. We do like to hear all feedback about our hotel and you have offered us a very descriptive report. We also appreciate your candidness in regards to the challenges you did experience both positive and negative – both I shall be sharing with my team. Although, the hair salon is a contracted company they are still on property and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for incident. The outside noise from the construction of property has now ceased as the road/ramp extension works have been completed by the city of Dubai. However, should you be returning to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel, I would like to offer my assistance for your next reservation to restore your faith and loyalty with us.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellant hotel located in the best location with direct access to the Dubai Mall and Gold Souk. Staff were very friendly and took all care to attend to my requests and needs during my stay. The location is very well serviced by the metro, the hop off / on bus and taxi's and is only 15mins from the airport. Views were nice however whilst I appreciated the upgrade ( thanks team !! ) the suite was overlooking the pool area which the views weren't as nice. However, very minor issue unless your adamant on street views or prefer not to be looking over a pool area.. Another minor issue , please install power outlet for hairdryers in the bathrooms outlets, these were in the main suite but not in the bathroom. Breakie was beautiful and big thanks to the team for letting me in half an hour prior to your open time so i wouldn't miss my car to the airport Sunday morning, cant tell you what a difference having a great run up prior to a 14 hour flight does. Most important aspect for me was feeling safe and secure as a tourist on my own and this hotel and staff went out of their way to provide that sense of security. Thanks for a great two days in Dubai - I'm coming back !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear Charlootz,
Good day and thank you very much for your positive feedback during your stay. Your letter will be shared with the entire team as they all have contributed to your satisfaction.

I personally would like to thank you for your patronage and am extremely grateful for your loyalty. We take these quite seriously and look for opportunities to build upon already great experiences.
We are very delighted that you have chosen to return to our property and I would like to assist with any arrangements you may have to optimize your next stay with us.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I had problems from the minute I checked in. They check-in guy could not find my booking, then found it booked 2 months after the actual date even though I had a voucher from my business agent on my computer showing him my actual check in-date. A fault of the hotel obviously but not acknowledged as such while I sat there for over 30 mins.

Things went from bad to worse when I went downstairs to the male barbers. I had not taken any money with me as I assumed I could charge it to the room. I was told by a very rude guy that this must be settled 'NOW'

I then ordered some food to the room. As i have a food allergy I spent a couple of minutes going through my allergy with the lady from room service. Obviously it was yes sir yes sir and my instructions were ignored. I had lost my wallet in KSA and had left a cash deposit downstairs, as i had also had a massage and food (i ordered a half chicken btw which in-fact was a chicken breast for around £40.) i must have gone over the deposit by a few dirhams. I had explained upon check in that this was the case and that my boss (a government minister) was checking in the following day and would cover my expenses in total. I was bombarded with calls from reception whilst trying to eat my meal, which i found out afterwards was actually going to make me ill. People were even knocking on the door asking for money. I asked four times on the telephone for the duty manager to call the room but to no avail.

The next two days every time I left the room and came back my key would not work. By this time I had had enough and went downstairs to find a manager. I explained everything to him and heard nothing back in return.

My overall impression of this hotel was it had been put together very quickly and without much thought. 99% of the staff had a very basic lack of english and once you were past "hello, how are you" they were flummoxed. I spent most evenings in the pool side restaurant called cabana smoking shisha with friends and drinking. Every member of staff was rude & moody. The only bright light was Mr Jana (and the nasi goreng - you must have it spicy) who went out of his was to make us feel welcome.

To get to the hotel in a cab is a nitemare. From the main road it's ok but if your coming from the other direction you have to go through the underground parking of the mall and after a couple of u-turns you finally arrive.

My impression of this hotel was that they just wanted your money. It was so in your face that they should be ashamed. We all know hotels are built to make money but most do it with a little class

On the positive side the gym was great as was the pool. I lived in Dubai for 4 years before the boom in the 90's and I know Dubai very well. I can name at least 20 hotels above this I would choose to stay in before having to return.

This ranks as one of the worst hotels in terms of service I have stayed in. I would never stay there again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank londonpoker

Dear Londonpoker,
Good day and thank you for your feedback. With regards to your check in and with the In room dining, there was an obvious miscommunication with the reservation and I very sorry that you were delayed for a rather inordinate amount of time. As with every situation we try to find, define and eventually alleviate any challenges especially with third party bookings. With further insight I would be able to investigate with more precision, the challenges you encountered so I may deal with them internally. I would be grateful for your assistance in gathering further insight.

Furthermore, I am concerned about the lack of service you received whilst visiting the barber shop. Although, the hair salon is a contracted company, they are still on property and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for incident – rest assured that I will deal with the concerned company personally.

I look forward to hearing from you and am glad you took the time to share your opinion with us. Once again, please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced. It is not indicative of the level of service we provide or have come to be known for.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Arrived at the hotel, walked into the lobby and my mouth literally fell open. This was by far the most beautiful, over-the-top hotel I have ever stayed in (but after all you are in Dubai and nothing is small and cozy). Check-in was personalized and very quick. The staff was fabulous and so detail-oriented throughout the hotel. They could not do enough for you. So friendly and very personable. The hotel, as well as Dubai Mall had this great system where the most wonderful fragrances were pumped thoughout the hotel and Mall which I believe came through their venting system. As soon as you walked into the hotel and the Mall, the fragrances would hit you immediately and put you in such a calm, zen mood. Absolutely loved that. The breakfast buffet (though pricey -- wish we would have had that included in our room price) was delicious with an abundance of foods to select. They had the best fresh fruit drinks and pastries. We only had breakfast at the hotel every morning. Since the Mall was attached directly the hotel, we had dinner there in the huge selection of restaurants that the Mall offered. Overall, I only have good things to say about the hotel. Loved going out on the balcony first thing in the morning and late at night to just look at the beautiful city. Would not hesitate to stay at The Address Dubai Mall again. Nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was truly 5-star. Also, if you do nothing else YOU MUST do the Desert Safari Tour. That was the highlight of my trip. The most fun you could have in one day.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a view of the Burj Khalifa. Will cost you a bit more, but so worth it. Also, get the breakfast buffet included in your room rate if possible since it is so pricey.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Stephanie325,
Good day and thank you for your favourable feedback on tripadvisor. It is extremely well written, eloquent and concise, it is most beneficial as you are very descriptive!

We very much look forward to hearing from all our satisfied guests and look forward to your loyalty of which we are grateful for. Should you be returning to Dubai I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel, please do notify me. I would very much like to build on this good foundation.

Thank you once again and I know I speak for my entire team whom with this I will share.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Address Dubai Mall fantastic for a break in Dubai
especially for shopping breaks and to hangout at the fountain area and under Burj Khalifa and try the great various restaurants
It was enjoyable stay and the staff were helpful
Our studio was very confirmable and spacious but I wasn’t impressed with the bathroom it was small comparing with our studio size they should’ve made it a bit bigger
We enjoined the facilities the gym has good equipments and also we used the children playground
We had a good time.

Room Tip: Our studio is not over looking at the Burj Khalifa but if you look out from the balcony you will see it
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Dee_uae,
Goo day and thank you for your flattering feedback which is very well received and for this I am very thankful and fortunate. It allows us the insights of our guests and this is an invaluable tool when creating a perfect hotel for all our varied guests. I have taken all your comments and shared them with my team. We are fully aware that all guests have different preferences and note them for all their future stays. If you are returning to the area, I would very much like to welcome you back to hotel, noting your personal preferences and see to them to secure your satisfaction.

Until then and on behalf of my team and myself, thank you once again, you have our collective gratitude and appreciation.