“Ok venue but lunch was nice”

Local House Restaurant
Ranked #1,849 of 10,378 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: The Creek
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

There are most stylish venues in Dubai but the food here is pretty reliable. I had lunch here which was really priced and tasted pretty good. They specialise in camel meat. The burger I had was very juicy and tasty and I’d recommend it. It’s close to the river and older part of the city so a good stop off if you’re visiting the Dubai museum.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant wants it to be famous for being the first one to serve camel burgers. And it does. I love tasting local cuisine so I'm happy to have gone there. Unfortunately, there was nothing special about the place. Prices were high (understandable), meals were dry and drinks overpriced. I ordered camel kebab, got a piece dry ground meat served on Turkish style bread with tomato and fries on the side. For 25€. I am happy to pay that price for a culinary experience - not necessarily in the first restaurant of that type.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the environment, the decor and vibe are so cosy. The food is very affordable, comparing to other places in Dubai.
Only wish the staff could have a bit more customer service training, besides that perfect.
Wish I could find your location on Instagram so I could tag you on my pictures

Reviewed 22 February 2018

It's on the edge of the shops in Old Dubai, which I do love. It's off the street near one of the roundabouts, but you can see figures of wild animals in front.

I had the zebra and impala kebabs and they were out of this world. The zebra steak was one of the best cooked meats I've ever had. Dinner for 2 with full entrees and side dishes, cost about 100 USD, and it's well worth it. If you're adventurous and ready to try something new, this is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Local House is an absolute gem. It's located in the Al Fahidi Historical district od Dubai not far from the Museum, Souk and Water Taxi's. It is a traditional old house with an internal courtyard.
From the moment you step in off the street the hustle and bustle of Dubai leaves you behind and you find yourselves in an oasis of calmness.
Attentive staff, rustic style tables, seating and authentic décor simply add to the general atmosphere.
If the house Courtyard is full, step through the side door, turn left and you'll find yourself in a tree shaded external Courtyard with similar seating and atmosphere. When the freshly prepared and plentiful food arrives at your table it ensures that no-one should leave the Local House feeling hungry.
As we ate there twice in 5 days. The first day I had the Grilled Shrimps - King Prawns served with Rice, and on the second visit we followed the waiter's recommendation and had the Camel meat which was superb. If you're thirsty and looking for something refreshing it's got to be the Milkshakes made with Camel Milk
Having spent several days in modern Dubai I was so pleased to find that ancient Dubai still exists at the Local House.
Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank sevie