“Very pleasant hotel at very competitively priced” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
Ranked #177 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant hotel at very competitively priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I needed a hotel for one night and booked through Booking.com. Arrived just after noon and was allowed to check-in immediately as their policy is check-in after 14:00hrs, so was pleasantly surprised that they had a room available at that time. The hotel has some 700 rooms and had a very high occupancy, mostly full of families and young couples. The hotel is currently one of the most competitively priced 3 star hotels available in Dubai and just a 10 minute walk from the Metro system and taxis are frequently passing by, so transportation is easy from that location. The bedroom was small'ish, but perfectly agreeable and very quiet as the hotel was very full at the time that I stayed as Dubai was in the midst of its month-long Shopping Fair, a large Medical exhibition, The England - Pakistan Cricket tests and also a large Golf Tournament, so the pricing was extremely good for the time of year.

1 Thank 1businesstraveller
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear 1businesstraveller,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review about your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is highly valued and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Walter Knight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Having had to book fairly last minute, I arrived to the hotel (after an 8 hour flight) to find that a mistake had been made with my booking (despite my confirmation saying the right date),

I was told that they had me booked in for the night before. I was told, in a rather rude and brusque way that my credit card had been charged as I had been a no-show. I was also told that the hotel was fully booked (not one room available).

I asked to speak to the guest relations manager.

Half an hour later I was still waiting. Apparently, the guest relations manager had better things to do that speak to "guests" (even though technically I wasn't one!).

Of course, after this level of service, I very quickly booked myself into another hotel and had a lovely stay. But their incompetence doesn't end there.

A week later, after leaving my thoughts about Citymax on the website I booked it on, I received an email telling me to get in touch with Akram (Customer Services). I did, by email, in fact, I emailed 3 times. No answer. I have called and left two messages, he didn't call back.

It seems Citymax are that type of odious "budget" company that thinks building a lasting customer relationship is a waste of time. They're happy to connive and con, take the short buck, knowing that soon there'll be another fool through the door.

Obviously, I'll never be using Citymax again. I also made sure that my Twitter and Facebook accounts broadcast the same opinion, so now all my friends and family know not to use them.

And now so do you.

Room Tip: With service levels like this, there are no "good rooms".
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank A_Guy_In_Dubai
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Silicon_Surfer,

Thank you very much for your note on Trip Advisor. However, I would like you to please send me an email at walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com as we require further investigation for the mentioned issues, I have discussed your points with our Front Office Manager and will respond to you at the earliest possible time.

I would like to make it clear that in general we have not got any complaint of this nature and that usually the comments received from our guests are positive. With this in mind, I would like to inform you that this is more likely a one off "bad experience" and would like to prove that our services in general are very good.

Thank you once more for your comment and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Quebec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I was very apprehensive about staying at a 3 star as honestly I truly prefer 4 or 5 as often three stars outside the US look more like 1 or 2.

If you want a clean room, nice shower and just a good place to sleep then this Will suit you well.

Nice sports bar for a night cap.

Service is friendly, but not as experienced or knowledgeable as higher rated concierge. Make sure you already have your tours and restaurants per-booked.

I paid $85US per night during a convention period where I have often paid +$300 for a nice 5 star. When I look back I realize that when I am in Dubai to work I never really get to enjoy the extra amenities.

Their is a small, but useful gym and even a pool.

Virtually all rooms are the same size. No views. Would be nice if they did offer larger rooms.

I think most will be pleased if you go to the hotel with fair expectations. I was pleased and I can be a bit of a hotel snob. Good shower (bring your own shampoo as the soaps provided are very average), nice bed and reasonably quiet. Don't stay near a lift.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Mitch12344
Dear Mitch 12344,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your recent stay at Citymax Bur Dubai.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future and will continously strive to provide better services in order to meet our guests' expectations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I was a frequent user of the hotle on bussiness trip. I never saw a nice hotel with inconsistent reception and sales managers to get more money from you based on booking issue. Very bad...... good for nothing !!

If you want to dissorganize your day/stay in dubai stay at citmax burdubai !! I am changing a hotel after the receptionist keep me infron of his desk for 1 hr when I reached the hotel at around 2.30am after midnight. Then they denied my booking and told me will help me with 60+ % price increase from the rate. Now I am checking out to another hotel thanks to dubai there are so many nice hotels. !!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DAG_12
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear DAG_12,

Thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor.

Could you please contact me directly at walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com as I require more detailed explanation to your complaint which will allow me the opportunity to address this issues point by point and come back to you with an explanation.

Thank you once more for your note and I look forward to your ersponse.

Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have stayed at the Citymax, Bur Dubai on several occasions whilst travelling on business. The hotel is clean, the rooms adequate and the food in the various restaurants and bars is generally very good. I am very happy with the standard of the hotel for the relatively low price of the rooms.

I would however caution those that might have to change their check out day during their stay! During my last two stays, my party has had to amend the length of our stay (some going early, others staying longer) and it seems that the reception is unable to deal with this complex issue! On both occasions, they claimed that they didn't know that rooms had been vacated early and those that stay longer have their rooms keys invalidated, phone calls from reception and knocks on the door, all because the staff thought we were checking out!

On both occasions, I have spoken to reception myself, as well as stood at the desk whilst my company spoke to staff on the phone. Unfortunately, that doesn't ensure that our bookings are actually changed and the information passed on to those that need it!

A very good, clean and comfortable hotel for the price. Just don't try and change your booking mid stay!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Keelix,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Citymax Bur Dubai.

I am glad to note, that you have prefered to stay in our hotel once again and that you continuously enjoy our products and services. However, I would like to clarify your feedback regarding the extension of your stay. Upon check in, it is our standard to inform the guest about the check out time which is at 12 noon. Should a guest wish to extend their stay, they should inform the reception 24 hours in advance so that we can update our system accordingly and avoid such incidences. If we did not receive any extension request a day prior, its our normal procedure to call the guest one hour before the check out time on the departure date.

For any further clarifications, please feel free to contact me directly at walter.knight@citymaxhotels.com

Regards,