Citymax Hotels Al Barsha
FourPoints.com
USD 372*
USD 281*
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
USD 214*
USD 337*
USD 289*
USD 238*
Priceline
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
USD 136*
USD 101*
USD 272*
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
USD 149*
1,751 results
All reviewscity maxmusic barmetro stationemirates mallbudget hotelrooms are smallrooftop poolreception teamwalking distancehigher floorthe hotel is cleanenjoyed my stayspecial thanksburj khalifamaxxzamanmoe
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I liked staying in Citymax Barsha,, clean and fancy place. the best quality of service with cheap prices. good location , next to shops restaurants, metro and all you need.

Recommended

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mutaz08
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I thought this place was pretty good value for money bearing in mind it is in Dubai. It is the equivalent to a Travelodge (UK). It is clean, comfortable and I walked to the Madinat Jumeirah in just over half an hour. Worth a walk there for shops, bars and restaurarants. It's also only a few minutes walk from the Metro and Mall of the Emirates.

Only negative is that the music bar and sports bar are both VERY smoky. So much so that I think only smokers are comfortable going in there! The hotel definitely need to turn up the extraction system or better still make it non-smoking!!

Room Tip: Go for high floor or one away from the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Citymax during the peak season in Dubai and the hotel was really full. You could tell by the number of guests waiting in the lobby throughout the day and evening. This is basically a 3-star hotel which is relatively new and located in an increasingly popular and developing area behind the Mall of the Emirates. The rooms are adequately sized and come with the amenities one would expect for the hotel category plus a little more such as free wired internet access, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities in the room. As some earlier previews mentioned, it has a higher standard than Ibis for example, which is usually priced at the same level but feels less than 3-star in comparison. Another goodie is the free underground parking, a blessing if you have a car and to avoid the hot Dubai sun!

The only major flaw worth commenting on is the shower design. It is virtually impossible to take a shower without soaking the bathroom floor, no matter what you do. The shower basin is shallow and the cabin itself is half-open with no curtain, so water splashes automatically and flows over the edges. The bathroom in the room I stayed in already showed severe moisture damage to the floor tiles, door frame and corners. This is a pity really because this flawed, non-functional design is bound to run this hotel down very quickly if not rectified soon and is likely to result in high maintenance costs and hence higher rates to maintain the standard.

Opening the windows can become a noisy and dusty affair, since Al Barsha is currently undergoing a major construction boom and road works all around the hotel are in progress. As a result, the roads are congested during the day and sand is constantly in the air. This prevented me from switching off the very efficient A/C in the room to enjoy the naturally pleasant January breeze in Dubai.

Walking to MoE takes about 7 minutes and reaching the metro station takes another 7-10 minutes inside the mall. Apart from the hotel restaurants which I didn't get the chance to try, there are a couple of good Arabic food joints (falafel, bakery) right opposite and next to the hotel if you want to grab a quick bite.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms overlook the back side of the hotel but are reserved for smokers! Make sure you request a room on floors 4-14 overlooking the side street for some quiet and to avoid the noise from the night club downstairs or the A/C units on the roof!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Dany_DXB
Reviewed 17 January 2012

near emrits mall.
small but clean, modern rooms.
staff friendly.
nice pub inside.
need to pay for wifi.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bee7777777
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This was our second trip to Dubai since 2007 and this time we stayed six nights from December 28th until January 3rd in hotel Citymax Al Barsha. We choose this hotel because of its central location close to the Mall of the Emirates.

Our flight from Amsterdam to DXB took 6 hours and 30 minutes and we arrived very early in the morning. The check in time in the hotel is officially after 2.00 pm, but after paying 180 AED we immediately got a room.
We wonder why they make scans of the passports. It is forbidden in the Netherlands and we didn’t find it necessary because we have booked a packaged deal via a travel agency!

Room:
We asked for separate beds and were given a twin bedded room on the 11th floor. The room was very basic, but clean. We heard no noise from the streets and it was very quiet.

Facilities room:
- TV (BBC World, Dubai One and RTV) Unfortunately no CNN World or BVN TV
(channel for Dutch expats).
- Open closet
- Desk with chair
- Chair
- Coffee/tea maker with two mugs and two glasses
- Fridge
- Air conditioning

Bathroom:
- Shower
- Four towels
- Soap

Business Corner:
Next to the coffee shop are two computers which we can use through a voucher. This voucher costs AED 20 for 1 hour and is valid for 24 hours, AED 35 for 3 hours or AED 50 for 24 hours.
I asked the receptionist if we can print some documents. She said that we had to send these documents to the reception fo@citymax.nl. Why should I send my documents to the reception? A socalled ‘Business Corner’ must have a printer, doesn’t it? Strange! After checking the internet I saw that there was a printer selected, so I asked the receptionist again. Now it was possible to print my documents. The printer was installated at the coffee shop and each print costs 1 AED. Why didn’t she say that before?

Breakfast:
The buffet is from 6.30 am until 10.30 am and was good. Sometimes it was very crowded so we had to wait a couple of times for a table.
The personnel is very friendly and asked every time before closing time if we needed something else from the kitchen.

International dinner buffet:
The dinner is from 7.00 pm until 11.00pm and costs AED 55. We dined here two times and it was very good.

Rooftop pool:
The pool is located at the rooftop and is open from 07.00 am to 09.00 pm. From here we have a nice view at the hotel Burj al Arab and the Burj Khalifa. On New Years Eve we had a very nice view of the firework shows from both Burjes.

Fire alarm test:
On Monday 02nd of January there was a fire alarm test at 11.30 am. We got informed via a letter on Sunday.
But, in the evening at 10.30 pm we were roughly woken up by a very loud noise. Was this an alarm? We called the reception, but we got no answer. Unfortunately we couldn’t sleep anymore that evening, while we had to wake up at 03.15 am. Our transfer to the airport was at 04.30 am.

Check out:
It was just after 04.00 am when we checked out. The receptionist didn’t ask “How was your stay”, only “How can I help you”?
We paid the bill and she didn’t give the change money immediately, but covered it with papers while she was working in the computer. I asked her what she was doing all the time and she told me that there was a problem with the system. Okay, but I want my money back. “I gave you the money, she said” “No!” We showed her that she covered our money with papers. Okay, it’s very early in the morning…..
After checking out she didn’t say goodbye. That was it.

But, we had a great holiday in Dubai.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family