“good location,good service,fantastic room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach

Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #124 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
syria
“good location,good service,fantastic room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on last july for buisness trip.
location is unbeatable directly on jumeirah walk,very close to lot of restaurants and bars.
check in process was fast,my room was not ready so they gently offered me a drink at the lobby bar till it becoms ready. i had an excutive club room which deffinetily deserve extra money paid for.
modern and fantastic room overlooking the arabian gulf with really great bathroom.
the excutive lounge was helpful, offering snacks and bevereges all the day. wi fi was complimentary.
breakfast was good. i tried the sports bar which was crowded and nice.
i would recommend this hotel deffinetily for buiseness travellers.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank marwan1975

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Riffa, Bahrain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a very noisy hotel !! I'm actually here now trying to get some sleep but can't because of noises of chairs screeching in the room above, doors slamming, bells of next door rooms ringing & are too loud ! And people laughing and chatting by our door because it happens to be by the elevator! I would not stay here again, do not recommend this hotel & will complain to management about it first thing in the morning!

I seriously hope someone would read this and take action.

Room Tip: Not close to elevator!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Lulwa A
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We got a late booking to Dubai on the 1st Aug 2012, and the reason I picked this hotel was because it was on Jumeirah Beach....so I thought, there is about a 5-8 min walk to the beach which is accross the road and past two construction sites, this wasnt mentioned to me at point of booking, I was suitably dressed even though it was 43 degrees, but was admired by all the fellow workers which was a little uncomfortable. we arrived at the hotel at 8am and they told us our room wasnt ready, so I cheekily asked for an upgrade as me and my boyfriend were having a romantic 5 day break but got denied and they wanted to charge us a stupid price, which I thought was alittle unfair during ramadam season when the hotel wasnt full! So we had a standard room which was lush I couldnt fault it, apart from the half blocked sea view, we could just about see the Atlantis Palm hotel form our room on a clear day. Thank god the AC worked as it was baking outside. There are two points to highlight that were exceptional at this hotel and that was the food, omg it was deliciousm so many different choices, we were half board but ate so much we didnt need a third meal, alcohol was quite pricey in the bar, im not used to London prices so i thought they were a little high! plus I got stung by two cans of coke round the pool that were 7 quid (little tip go to the supermarkets and buy them and keep in your room they are about 30p each same with the water) we had ice delivered to our room daily to enjoy nice iced cool drinks. Secondly the conceige was brilliant, very very helpful, suggested all the excursions without being pushy to sell, they gave honest opinions and were spot on with the calculations of taxi fares there and back ( they knew there stuff) we enjoyed dune bashing (its a must costs about 50 quid but worth every penny the experience is immense!!!) and the water park at the Atlantis was excellent better than wild wadi and cleaner! its about 40 quid and 15 quid cab fare there and 15 back!
I will definatley go back to dubai, and only in ramadam period as it is cheaper and not so busy purely for the quietness of the water parks, the weather was amazing, the sea was like a hot bath but crystal clear, but id like to try a different hotel next time... hope this helps anyone choosing Dubai

Room Tip: always ask for a sea view, its breath taking, but be mindful to ask for one that youwont hear the co...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank 78CASSCASS78
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband gave me "a night to myself" to give me a break from my little one. I booked an Executive Room at this hotel because of the Sea View and location. I arrived at 3:15 PM and was told my room was not ready yet and I was escorted to the Executive Lounge where I waited for over an hour. Finally a nice gentleman, Head of Reservations (I think), looked into my situation and without hesitation upgraded me to The Executive Suite and my room was ready immediately. My room was nice with a great full sea view. However, the construction site right outside my window was SUPER noisy and lasted until way after midnight and started again at 6:00 AM. Needless to say, I got little sleep. I think they should warn you about the construction noise on the booking sites. The shower was filthy with gobs of long black hairs all over the shower floor and the duvet cover was covered in stains, gross!!! I would not stay here again, there are too many nicer hotels in Dubai.

Room Tip: Do not go for the Full Sea View rooms, they overlook a construction site.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dragonfly_0673
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This was the first time I stayed at Mövempick hotel. The room was nice and location was ok, beach close by. There was construction site (not surprising in Dubai) opposite to the hotel, but the beach hotel under construction was opening soon. But the beware the yoghurt at breakfast, I got problems after tasting only one spoonful. The yoghurt is put in small jars (not packed by the dairy) and stored on cooled table, but this one had been there for too long. The pool was a bit small.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business