“Lovely place”
Review of DRIFT Beach Dubai

DRIFT Beach Dubai
Ranked #818 of 10,373 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: USD 19 - USD 27
Description: D R I F T — a bespoke seafront destination where luxury beach chic meets casual simplicity. A place where the ambience is laid-back, yet vibrant. And where when the sun goes down, the tempo rises. Please note no guest under 16 years are allowed in the Restaurant and Beach Club, guests between the ages of 16 - 20 must be accompanied by an adult.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this beach club is stunning. I paid 250AED for just me on a weekday which is approx £50.

It is a pricey entry fee considering you do not get any of the entry fee offset against a light lunch or drinks however you do get a VERY small complimentary bottle if water and small cocktail glass of fresh fruit.

When many of the other beach clubs in Dubai, including some high end properties offer some of the entry cost offset against lunch you do have to wonder about value for money.

The venue is stunning and you cannot fault it. There are lots of different areas to sit and relax. Everything is immaculate. Every amenity you could possible want is avialable. The pool is perfectly chilled. The music laid back on point for the vibe and just the right level.

The beach is beautiful and well kept, they even had staff trying to clear even the smallest bit of debris from the sea.

The waiting staff are friendly and attentive but not too much.

It's quiet clear that they are after a certain clientele and let's face it if you are paying £7 for a bottle 1.5 L of water and spending approx £17 on cocktails then they achieve that quite easily.

I didn't try the restaurant so I cannot comment on the food. The lounger/pool good menu is mainly snacks and very limited. If you want a full on meal you need to go to the restaurant.

I couldn't bare to leave the lounger for a second so I didn't bother. I totally get why it's only snacks by the pool though.

This is a posers paradise. If you are on the Gram you will be in heaven here.

This place reminds me of The Medyan on JBR which sadly closed down years ago and that was simply perfection and I've been looking for a beach club to replace it ever since. Does this place hit the spot? Abdolutely.

My only negative comments are that management and the ladies greeting you, bar one, are not very friendly at all bordering on a bit stuck up and unapproachable which is unnecessary and a bit off putting. You can have that exclusive vibe and approach but if done well they should still manage to be down to earth and approachable.

They did ask how my day was as I left but it was obviously a tick box exercise. They weren't genuinely interested it appeared they were more interested in looking cool and charging my card.

Will I be back? As a treat absolutely.

The prices are a bit OTT and I wouldn't mind them so much if management and greeting staff were a more friendly. Admittedly I came for a relaxing time at the beach club and not looking for new friends but it would help and add to the overall experience.

1  Thank newblessing123
Guillaume F, General Manager at DRIFT Beach Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Newblessing123,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you love the venue and will continually strive to improve based on your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again next time.

Kindest regards,
DRIFT Team

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We were staying at the Arabian Court hotel next to DRIFT and popped in to have a look - WOW! It is a stunning place with a really cool Ibiza vibe. Great place to enjoy a sunset cocktail whilst the chilled out music.
We returned with our two teens the following day and decided to stay for lunch. We had a wonderful table with a fab view. Service was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. The whole roast chicken was legendary! A great lunch (if a little pricey) in a super location.

Dear Kate,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had a lovely time with us and hope that you will return on your next visit to Dubai.

Kindest Regards,
DRIFT Team

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Drift is such a beautiful venue! Certainly a hidden gem in the very well positioned One&Only. No need to drive all the way around the Palm or down to Abu Dhabi. We drank rose all day by the pool with a break for lunch in the restaurant for delicious vongole and Mahi-Mahi Carpaccio which was on special. Such a good time!

Guillaume F, General Manager at DRIFT Beach Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Richard
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Lovely day spent whiling away the hours in lovely surroundings. Great music, relaxed vibe, lovely wine selection and nice and quiet so we had our pick of spots.

Lunch at the restaurant was fantastic - beautiful authentic french flavours, fresh and vibrant. Can't wait to return.

Dear aldon1
We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Having been living in the UAE for a year now and had troubles finding a good beach club. This is by far the best I have been to. Very very nice. Hopefully they will keep it up. Note that it is adult's only, which is a BIG plus. We found the food to be very good as well. Not cheap but will still give it 5 stars. Great friday at the pool.

Dear Nicklas
Thank you very much for your review and for the feedback. We are looking to welcoming you back.