The Four Points Sheik Zayed Road (hereafter FPSZ) is supposed to be all about value and convenience. You do not stay here to be showered with luxury or to be pampered in the same you would by, say, its neighboring Shangri-la. You stay here for close access to sights and the solid hard product that is affordable. This is what we were expecting and this is what exactly we got. A good bed, a good shower, decent food from its restaurants and a very central location. If you do not intend to spend too much time in the hotel room, then this is a very good choice since where it lacks in the amount of on-site activities (except the roof-top bar which I will talk about later), it makes up with a great environment to rest in at night.
The room was of good size and relatively clean. The shower had good pressure and the standard four points toileteries were adequate. I had to call down to have them bring up dental kits, but I find that in all hotels so no big issue. The big issue was that despite having booked a non smoking room we were assigned one that stank of smoke. We later found out that the room was indeed a non-smoking room but was smoked in by guests who checked out that day. Perhaps this could have been mitigated by housekeeping being proactive and letting reception know if any smoke smell is found in non smoking rooms? We did not press further with this issue and kept the room (but for those of you with asthma concerns the story may have been different). Excluding this incident, the room was very satisfactory and served our needs well.
The location of FPSZ cannot be beaten. It is in the center of Sheik Zayed road with easy access to the metro. It is a quick taxi ride to the famous malls and Burj al Arab. There are eateries within walking distance (pizza parlos, starbucks etc) and taxis are plentiful. The hotel is the middle point between the old part of Dubai (near the Creek) and the new part of Dubai (Jumeirah and the Marina). This makes it a great spot to see all of Dubai without having to travel more than you have to. Having said that, being close to the shopping malls actually comes with one tiny disadvantage. Cab drivers do NOT want to take you since it is not "worth the time they spent waiting" for passengers. The trip is too short for them! On numerous occasions we stepped into a taxi in Dubai Mall and were greeted with visible frustrations from drivers. One driver actually took us on a big circle to bring us to our hotel that cost us 3x more than it would have otherwise. The solution (as given by the security guard at FPSZ)? Take the metro. Unfortuantely there is not much else you can do.
The restaurants are not top notch but are decent with friendly service. We had pizza for lunch in one of the pubs/restaurants and it was very tasty. There is also a great bar on the rooftop. Do not waste your money climbing some observatories but spend your evening with a drink at this rooftop bar. You get an amazing view of Dubai and a swimming pool you can plunge into as well. It is an outdoor bar so you absorb the breeze and the sunshine. This bar on its own would be a reason enough for me to return! The price is on the high side, but for the view you get it is a steal. Aside from restaurants and the usual cafes, there is also a hair salon (which I did not try).
Service is standard but is genuine and generally friendly. Arranging for desert safari was very easy where they called my room when the driver was ready to pick us up. Everyone was friendly although not over-the-top. They are more casual in the way they deal with you which is what you would expect from a Four Points.
Dubai has a lot to offer and the FPSZ sits in the center of all the action. They have a comfortable bed and a great shower along with good restaurants and an amazing rooftop bar. Staff serve your needs and the rates are reasonable. This is not your top luxury location but one that provides everything a busy visitor would need along with a tasty pizza as a bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road is strategically located on the most prestigious stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road. We’re within easy reach from the World Trade Centre, Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Dubai International Financial Centre, various corporate hubs and Business Bay. The world’s largest mall, Dubai Mall, the spectacular Dubai Fountain and the world’s tallest tower, Burj Khalifa are a convenient 5 minute drive away. If you’re keen on exploring the city, the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road is where you want to be, with 2 metro stations within easy reach and Dubai International Airport just 15 minutes away. Whether you’re in town for business or leisure, you’re in for a great stay in each of our 384 modern, comfortable and spacious guest rooms, suites and apartments. After a long day of business or sightseeing, enjoy spectacular views from our floor-to-ceiling windows or relax in front of the flat screen TV, before getting a good night’s sleep in the Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed™. Plus, enjoy free extras like bottled water and wireless Internet access. Our business rooms offer extra space for the working professional on the go, plus complimentary access to the Z Lounge, where you can enjoy breakfast, happy hour and all-day snacks. The one, two and three bedroom apartments are ideal for families and extended stays. Start each day with a good breakfast at The Eatery, our all-day dining restaurant. After a hard day’s work or sight-seeing, relax at Charlie’s and enjoy steaks and a great selection of local, regional and imported craft beers from our Best Brews™ Program. If you’re in the mood for the exotic, try our authentic Moroccan Restaurant or indulge in hearty Italian buffet at Luigi's. If you’re looking to get active, the Four Points by Sheraton offers a well-equipped gym and one of the highest located pools in the area, on the rooftop. Level 43 Sky Lounge, also on the rooftop, was named Best Bar in the Middle East at the Middle East Hotel Awards. It offers an excellent venue to enjoy tasty treats, drinks and spectacular 360 degree views of Dubai’s skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai Hotel Dubai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai
- Four Points Dubai
- Dubai Four Points
- Dubai Sheraton