21,413 results
All reviews imperial club water park lost chambers dolphin bay royal pool east tower half board nasimi beach ronda locatelli dolphin experience leap of faith saffron restaurant zero entry aqua venture aquaventure park imperial room chocolate fountain
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Me and my husband stayed at the Atlantis for 5 nights at the end of September 2010. This was a surprise for my husband for his 30th birthday.

Check in at the hotel went smoothly and we were handed our half board vouchers and showed to our room. The room was spacious and the bathroom great. Everywhere was immaculate. There were chocolates in our room and complimentary water. We had booked the standard room but I was a little disappointed that we did not have a balcony. The bed was very big and comfy and the blackout curtains worked a treat - too much so!

The whole of the hotel is immaculate. The staff are all very polite and courteous - everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. There is a bit of a walk from one end of the hotel to the other but this was not a problem for us, it just added more to the experience of the hotel. We saw a lot of tourists, particularly in the lobby, but this just made us feel like VIP's seeing people take pictures of the hotel we were staying in. The Saffron and Kalaedoscope restaurants were both excellent for breakfast. I have never seen so much choice! I was tempted by the chocolate fountain at breakfast...

The pools are clean and are cooled down so are very refreshing. Excellent service around the pools. The Lost Chambers is nice and would be great for our kids (for next time!). We even found ourselves going round the Lost Chambers at 10.45pm one night!

Yes the food and drink is extremely expensive. The most expensive I have ever come across. But we fully expected this. We took a lot of drink from the airport in our hand luggage and also purchased spirits from the Duty Free at the airport on our way out. There was always surplass water in our room to keep you hydrated. The full board voucher could either be used for lunch or dinner. We managed to skip lunch as we ate a lot at breakfast and used the vouchers in the evening. We ate at the Italian and the French. The service wasn't that good in the French and the food was pretty standard in the Italian (and small portions!) so we found ourselves eating at the buffet restaurant, Kalaedoscope. The service was excellent there, the food fresh with plenty of choice (roast beef and yorkshire puddings!) and a great view from the restaurant of the aquarium. The Levante bar is fantastic in the evenings - sit outside and soak up the atmosphere. We did pay for a few drinks and had a great time. You can see your room bill on your tv in your room so we kept a watchful eye on it but it only came to £100 after 5 days!

We went into the Sanctuary night club once but it wasn't really our thing. The music was too modern for us and most of the seats were reserved for VIP's. There was a pool party whilst we were there which was great fun and lasted until the early hours.

The hotel has lots of nice touches - vanilla candles lit in the hotel corridors at night time, ice lollies around the pool etc. My husband got a cake in the room for his actual birthday. We also got fresh fruit in the room on one day too.

Towels are provided for the pool, beach and you can collect towels from the kiosk at the water park (free of charge for hotel guests). The waterpark is absolutely amazing. The Leap of Faith isn't as high as the similar slide at Orlando Disney World's Blizzard Beach, but I have never seen so many "water coasters"! Me and my husband had a great time ina double tube riding around them all! The lazy river is more of a wave pool than a lazy river and the rapids are very wild! The beach at the hotel and the waterpark are great and the water was lovely and warm and a few fish were seen.

We didn't see too many children and those we did see did not bother us at all but this could be because of us being parents of a 2 year old and 4 year old.

I was a little disappointed about trying to obtain the discount for being a Skywards member (Emirates airline) and actually gave up in the end. The 15% off in the shop for hotel guests on certain evenings was a bonus.

We didn't do much site seeing. We went to the Mall which was a bit like a glorified Meadowhall - what particularly made me laugh was the Peacocks London store! We went to the Madinat where there are shops and restaurants and a boat which goes around the Madinat hotel - this was most enjoyable. I was disappointed that we didn't get round to organising to do the site seeing trip on the Big Red Bus and will hopefully do that next time.

All in all we had a great relaxing and fun time without the kids. Next time though I think we will have to bring them with us as they would love it! Would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sarahs45
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We have just returned home from a truly fantastic week in Atlantis for our honeymoon, and miss it so much already!! We requested a land view (much better to get a view of the palm and the night lights of dubai than the sea view-there's nothing but a road and sea behind the hotel), and when we arrived, we had been allocated a sea view instead. The staff are a big part of what makes this hotel so fantastic, and the porter immediately helped locate a room higher up with an inland view as he wanted to make our honeymoon special. The beach, sea, pools and rooms are all really clean, spotless in fact, and the staff in the bars and restaurants treat you like kings and queens! The sanctuary nightclub is a must-see (fantastic open air club!!) The complimentary access to waterparks etc was brilliant and well worth doing, and there was a fantastic beach sandance party while we were there-amazing!!! The beauty of this place is that it not only looks spectacular from inside and out, but there is such attention to detail from all the staff that you really do feel that you're in another world. Amazing experience!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed in the Atlantis for the first four nights of our honeymoon. I was slightly worried about travelling to Dubai because of all the things that you hear about the strictness on taking prescription drugs into the country but we had no problems (we did take doctor's notes with us just in case though).

When we arrived at the Atlantis we checked in with ease and the staff were all very helpful. We choose a room which overlooked Aquaventure and we were so glad that we did because our balcony overlooked the huge fishtank that is in the hotel lobby. It was amazing looking over and watching all the sharks and sting rays.

The rooms were very clean and so were the grounds of the hotel. Unfortunately the first few days of our stay fell during Ramadan and although it didn't affect us much, my husband was a bit annoyed that he couldn't have a beer by the pool. After 7:30pm they served alcohol but the taps remained covered up as a mark of respect.

There were a number of restaurants within the hotel, although you couldn't use your meal vouchers (from half board option) in the majority of them. Saffron was a lovely restaurant and there was every type of food. We were glad that we went for the half board option as it was very expensive, especially drinks.

We chose the Atlantis because it is an amazing spectacle, but ordinarily it would not be our type of hotel, purely because of the size and amount of people. If you want a quiet holiday, I wouldn't recommend here, but it is a sight to be seen.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quidney
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We have just come back from our 8 day holiday to Atlantis. We are seasoned Dubai travellers but this was our first time to Atlantis (we normally stay at Mina A Salam or O&O Royal Mirage). I wasn’t sure what to expect of Atlantis due to the mixed reviews I had read before.

Upon check-in we were upgraded to higher up room, check in was pleasant. They offered an upgrade to Club room facilities at a cost of about UK £600 – this would have meant that we could have had drinks all day, afternoon tea, evening canapés, free internet and kids club – but we felt we wouldn’t make use out of this as we don’t drink alcohol, didn’t need internet and don’t like leaving our daughter at a kids club on holiday so decided against it. I thought the rooms were quite simple for a 5* hotel.

Staff were very courteous and friendly. Yes, the food is expensive but not any more than the Jumeirah hotels, but I knew this before I booked, however I must say the food was of excellent quality, especially the breakfast at the Saffron restaurant(open only on Friday and Sat during low season). Kaleidescope was too busy at breakfast for my liking, but the staff were very pleasant and prompt despite the numbers. Our daughter had her 5th birthday whilst we were out there and she received 3 cakes in total from the hotel: one for breakfast, one in our room and one during evening dinner – very thoughtful of them.

The pools are excellent (open until 10pm), and our daughter really enjoyed Aquaventure which is complimentary to all Atlantis guests.The beach is very quiet, lot’s of loungers available, the sea nice and warm – I only saw one guest being treated for a jellyfish sting, but he seemed ok.

I have to say, the one thing that really bugged me was the manners of some of the guests, some are very rude to the staff there. At one point I really had to bite my tongue when some guests from the UK were asking some very inappropriate questions to the buggy driver. The driver remained calm and smiled through it. I have read on Tripadvisor before that SOME Russian guests are very rude, and unfortunately on this trip we witnessed it too – they have a tendency to jump the queue for the shuttle bus, never say please or thank you and also are very rude and abrupt to the hotel staff. I’m not saying all Russian people are like this, but there were a fair few here that did behave like this.

Overall, I have to say the Atlantis is a great hotel for families, it’s probably not ideal for honeymooners or couples as it is full of children. Having said that though, we might not go back here unless I get a fantastic deal as I have to admit that I prefer the Madinat hotels. I also have to mention that the hotel is quite far from the rest of the Dubai attractions so be prepared to pay for taxis or use the hotel shuttle bus services to get to malls etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank luxurytraveller000
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Excellent Hotel, wonderful facilities and location. beautiful beach, landscaped swimming pool, excellent service, superb experience.

Dolphinarium on-site, wonderful experience
Spa and massage, wonderful experience
Food, plenty of cholice, wonderful quality, excellent choice
Beach, clean, safe, plenty of lifeguards, beach waiter for drinks and snacks
Pool, wonderfully landscaped, infinity, penty of lifeguards, waiter service
Enormous aquariums in hotel with very large stingray, small sharks and many other fish

wonderful experience amd will return as soon as possible

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family