“Excellent experience”

Ranked #6 of 157 Hotels in Jeddah
London
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Very nice hotel. Welcoming staff. Gave me a free upgrade to a suite. Food was great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
FRance
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have to go to jeddah for work very regullarely and i always go to this hotel. Very few default !!! Very beautiful place, big and luxuous bedrooms, excellent breakfast,... To be honest, very few default... There is a gym place close to thé hotel with table tennis.... I have not tried it myself but m'y colleagues went there and they liked it a lot.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 29 March 2012

In the last month I have been staying frequently at the Park Hyatt Jeddah. I have been visiting on business trip and also been there with my wife. I am a very seasoned traveller and have a huge hotel experience. I can clearly say this hotel ranks amongst the best for any purpose.

For the business traveller it has all the facilities needed. Recently wireless internet access has been introduced all over and now one can use his iPad, laptop and phone all over without any problems. The reception has always been very personal (during my time I was always greeted by name) and any extra wishes have been seamlessly fulfilled. I have the habit to take a very cold face bath in the morning so I ordered ice cubes to be bought at 6:30 to my room. A rather usual request I guess - that was fulfilled without any glitch.
Personally I enjoy the breakfast which can be taken on the outside terrace as well as the variety of restaurants on the premises.
One very important aspect for me and also for many colleagues who stayed at the hotel was the perfect setup and the largeness of the premises. Being in Saudi Arabia you like to forget about being enclosed and the PH gives you just that feeling. Sitting in the Courtyard smoking a nice arabian pipe in the evening and chatting - you almost forget where you are. This is a very important aspect for everyone planning to stay on longer terms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AlexanderJH
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Spent one night at Park Hyatt Jeddah. The location is right on the Red Sea. Lobby was spacious and quiet. My room was the highlight! Very tall ceilings - around 16 feet! Bed, closet, desk, bathroom. iPhone charger. High quality bed linen. Spacious. Neat. Modern. Updated. Perfect. After getting into my room I received a call from the front desk telling me that they are going to lower my room rate because my original reservation was for a full ocean view room. My room had partial view. So I paid less! There was a huge bowl of fresh fruit in my room and lots of free bottled water. Great tea selection (Twinings brand). The room was very very relaxing. The lounge on the other hand was very nice but had smoke everywhere. Even if you sit in a non-smoking section, there is no difference because there is no partition. I didn't try the restaurant onsite.

When I checked out, I asked them if I could use a computer to print my boarding pass. They did it for me. No charge.

So overall the hotel was great. When I compare this place to other great hotels, this stands out. One of the best hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room if you are a non-smoker. Try to stay on the ground level.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I actually visited the hotel in Jan '11. We booked our honeymoon notifying the hotel about that. They claimed they'd prepare the room with fruits, cake and so on. None of that happen n when we contacted them they said that we did not request that even though we paid extra. In addition, there was no breakfast ever though we paid for that too. Maybe there was a misunderstanding, but they didn't even attempt to make it up for us. I should've given the hotel a less rating. But I'm rating the hotel for guests not just honeymooners. The room and view on the other hand were perfect. Even though the bathroom was amazing, note that there's not much privacy. We ordered in-room dinner and breakfast both were so-so. Also, the hotel's restaurant was nice but I wouldn't recommend ordering food. There's another Morrocan restaurant which I won't visit again, but Cappuccino cafe which great.

Room Tip: The standard room is great for 2 people unless you're expecting guests, get the bigger room that...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple