All reviews lotus root every morning quiet street where breakfast is served lovely courtyard the main street monks walk open shower alms ceremony sticky rice night market tak bat alms giving excellent breakfast noodle soup within easy walking distance small hotel
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel grounds are well laid out and charming. Our room was nicely appointed, clean and quiet. The French manager was quite welcoming and attentive. My only concern was that the shower’s water pressure was weak and the stream of water uneven.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Camille B, Hotel Manager at Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dar Paul JSmith ,
Thank you very much for your warm comment .
The Lotus Villa Team and I were very to have you the hotel.
We are happy to read that you liked all the main aspects from the hotel.
We do agree with you with the water pressure that can be improved , and we are working on it now.
We look forward for welcoming you again with us.
Camille and the Team

Reviewed 15 February 2018

For a Southeast Asian city, Luang Prabang has pricer hotels than most. You are getting great value staying at Lotus Villa Boutique.

The staff are extremely friendly, warm, and helpful.

Breakfast was delicious and has many options.

Rooms are pleasant and comfy. Wifi works well. Only small complaint was poor shower pressure.

Location is excellent. Its on a quiet street where you can easily walk to all the bigger attractions nearby

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StevenT2933
Camille B, Hotel Manager at Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Sabaidee Steven ,

Kop chai lai lai ( Thank you very much ) for taking the time to review us with such a great comment.
We are hapy to read that you like all the main aspect of the hotel as : Breakfast , Staff , Location....
Thank you for warning us about the pressure , we will actually add a bigger pump in Low Season , to improve the pressure.

We look forward for welcoming you again at the hotel .

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Our 5th visit to lovely Luang Prabang but first to this small boutique hotel. Definitely, Lotus Villa tops our previous hotels. It has a great location in a quiet shaded area which is about a block from the Main Street and a block from the Mekong. All the main tourist sites, shops and restaurants are within walking distance. Our comfortable room had a nice balcony overlooking a tropical courtyard. A complementary breakfast and an afternoon tea is served in the shaded courtyard. The breakfast ordered off a menu had extensive choices and was the best we’ve had during our 6 week holiday in SE Asia. Great staff that were pleasant and helpful. We look forward to another stay in the very near future.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetlou27

Dear SweetLou Sabaidee,

Thank you very much for your warm comment . We are very happy that qualified the hotel as Exceptional
We are happy that for your 5th Visit in the Magic city of Luang Prabang that you decided to stay with us.
Indeed most of our guest like our Breakfast and Complimentary Afternoon , as it happen in such a peaceful and beautiful courtyard.
We look forward for welcoming you again .

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at the Lotus Villa in January 2018, and found the hotel surprisingly pleasant.

I arrived fairly late in the evening, and check-in was mostly smooth. I had to pull out my phone to show I had pre-paid (via Orbitz) -- you would think that's something hotels would track in advance of arrival. The staff member provided a plate of fruit when I arrived, which was nice.

I booked the Frangipani Double Room. The room was spacious and nicely furnished with what I assume is teak furniture. The bed was very comfortable. They also lit candles/incense that smelled wonderful. The shower is one of those open ones, and I constantly got the water everywhere even though I was trying to be careful. The shampoo/conditioner/soap they provided smelled amazing. My room overlooked the central courtyard, and the noise from the other guests was minimal. Breakfast was pretty nice; you order from their menu and they bring it out. Wifi was spotty. They have several different ones you can connect to, but they constantly dropped and/or the speed was slow.

I must note there is ongoing construction and it was LOUD. My room was right next to the construction - it started early in the AM and lasted well into the late afternoon. It was fine the first day when I was out all day, but not the second day when I tried to sleep in a little.

Hotel location is convenient. Easy to walk to the water (less than 5 minutes) or to the restaurants/night market (about 10 minutes). The biggest perk is that the hotel is on the route of the morning alms giving for the monks. I was able to wake up at 6am and stand on the street right outside the hotel. The ladies giving the alms were setting up, and as the sky began to light up, more and more monks passed by. I did my best to be obscure, but many tourists wandered by me and were obnoxious in their quest to take photos.

The staff was mostly friendly. The folks serving breakfast, and cleaning the room were super efficient. Something else to note: I did laundry through the hotel, and the staff member told me I could pay in kip or dollars. So I paid with a $10 bill, but then he did not have change (in dollars or kip), which was annoying. It wasn't like he owed me a lot. He also did not say, oh I'll get some change to you in a few minutes either. Eventually I ended up saying, just keep the remainder as a tip. But that situation was uncomfortable and unprofessional.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and Lotus Villa. Hopefully the construction will be done soon.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Camille B, Hotel Manager at Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Mrs Patelgurl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us , and to share your thoughts .

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Lotus Villa,
For your information the candles/incense/shampoo/conditioner/soap are Exclusively made for hotel , from Local Producer.
As it is very important for us to help the sustainable and ethical development .
Thank you very much for telling your concern regarding the WiFi and Shower, we are already working on it , to improve it.

We are sorry to read about your experience about your change . It was probably a misunderstanding and none organisation. In the future we will make sure to have always enough change . Please accept our apologize for this uncomfortable feeling and thank you very much for letting us know and we will improve on it.

We look forward for welcoming you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

A lovely place to stay, very central and close to everything in Luang Prabang. Beautiful fresh breakfasts and complimentary afternoon teas. There is a lot of construction work happening during the day. This did not affect us greatly as we were out and about however some guests may find it disruptive. The villa is located right in front of where the monks walk past daily, however the alms start early morning with drums- so do not expect sleep ins! Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back in future.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Camille B, General Manager at Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Sabaidee Carolyn T,

Kop chai lai ( Thank you very much ) for your kind comment , and for saying that you enjoyed your stay and will be back in the future.
We are happy that you liked specially our daily freshly breakfast and afternoon tea.
We are relief to know that the construction work nearby did not affect you.
You are right twice a day at 04AM an 04 PM according to hearing of everyone from some rooms we can hear the magic and spiritual sound from the Temple's drums.

We look forward for welcoming you again at the hotel.