Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews night market great location noise bath lp
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed in this place for a few nights. It is ideally located in middle of where everything is happening and also the night market....as some pointed out already it can get a bit noisy. The room is ok. Bathroom is just behind the bed so if you have privacy issues this is not your place. All done in wood and Lao style. Wifi in all rooms and quite fast. Downstairs is a nice bakery which serves pastries and other food. Breakfast is a choice of 5 different sets which is quite good.
All in all I find this hotel quite nice and in a good location.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Ancient Luang Prabang that is a little walk out of the main city centre. It's a lovely location.Our room was beautiful with a wooden Asian-style decoration.The bed was also super comfy,there was fresh fruit for welcome was brought to our hotel every day.Only complaint that the staff was not particularly helpful enough and some of them could not speak much English.The breakfast was not so great, so try out one of the plenty nice cafes in town instead.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheadirector
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I tried this hotel as it was recommended by Lonely Planet's guide book and had complimentary airport pick up. I had a street facing room so it was noisy during the day from traffic and noisy at night due to the night market right outside. I asked for a room change the next day to a quieter room but did not really get a response. The included breakfast was very basic. The most irritating aspect was the desk staff. The minute I arrived (with my luggage still in my hand), I was asked for payment.."you pay now". I told the two men (I think one was the manager) I have not decided on the number of nights stay so will pay them the first night. When I handed them a $100 US bill, they did not have change so they said "you pay more nights now". Against my better judgement, I stayed for two more nights for the sake of not moving. Sure enough, every time I passed the front desk, I was constantly hounded by "you pay now". I told them I was not going to sneak out at night without paying but they only seem fixated on receiving immediate payment and making their manual triplicate carbon receipt entries. The only other "service" they offered was constantly reminding me I should book tours with them. Finally, I had enough and decided to move to a quieter guest house down the street which was equally as nice and a lot cheaper. Not once did they pester me for payment until I was ready. There are so many beautiful guest houses in Luang Prabang that provide for better value and atmosphere. I would definitely NOT return to this hotel in future travels.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank organics123
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I literally walked out of my hotel at night into the night market-great location for local handicrafts. In the morning, there is a local fresh foods market on the street behind the hotel- true Laotian style! Hotel has a handful of rooms, cutely named after the zodiac animals. I was in 'DOG", which was a suite on the top floor. It was a beautiful room, with Asian style furnishing. Very spacious, no curtain on shower but cool rainfall overhead shower. Lots of steps up to rooms-not handicap accessible. No lobby-just a desk in a corner. I recommend the banana pancakes at the tiny side cafe which is attached. Great fresh baked good for sale out front. My guest and I got beat up pretty bad by two young Laotian men- in the best body massage of our lives. They are barefoot, jump on the table and use their elbows, knees and anything else available to them. This wonderful massage happens on the top floor of the open air balcony. $16.00 US for one hour of this wonder treatment! When it was over I felt pummeled but loose the next day!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BuffaloTraveler85
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I literally just walked back to my guesthouse from here after being ignored by the staff for 15 minutes.
All I wanted was a massage in their spa and a drink. However there was two staff serving a family checking in and they both walked past me numerous times without addressing me.
It seems that this place charges so much that they can ignore potential customers.
Lucky I didn't want a room.
Very unpleasant experience after a lovely afternoon walk in Luang Prabang.
I also came here two years ago and the service has definitely declined since then.

Trip type: Travelled solo