“Disappointing”

Lao Red Cross Sauna and Massage
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I had a very disappointing experience here. The masseuse was sick and she kept falling asleep during the massage. She also didn't use any strength so it didn't feel like a massage at all. I wouldn't recommend this place myself but if you want to give it a try, do so!

2  Thank Annika L
"massaged"
"equipment"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 March 2017

The sheets on the mattress looked grubby & unchanged. My masseur had very rough hands (could be a new chap) & wore a ring. Due to language constraints, I decided not to ask him to remove his ring. The massage was ok. Suggest that the masseurs wear a Red Cross t-shirt otherwise they look as if they had walked in off the road.

2  Thank CarolChinYY
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Cheap, great, relaxing massage for 50k kip. I had an most relaxed hour being massaged on the comfy mattress.

The sauna was great, hot steam sauna and chill lounge area with hot herbal tea for just 15k kip. While in luan prabang u must try this!

1  Thank Arttu L
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We went twice for a massage. First time, best massage ever; second time, different girl, worst massage ever! So I'd say, we didn't dare to go again because the second time was so bad (hence the 2 stars), but if you feel like giving it a try, go ahead and you might be lucky!

2  Thank francescabianca
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I always like to go and support a good community cause. And when I read about it in the LP Laos, I was keen to go try it.

If you've been having having regular foot & leg massages throughout Thailand & Laos, then this will not be like other massages you've experienced.

Shame the girl who treated me, didn't bother to wash my feet at the start :-( So you might want to request this.

It's basically like reflexology. Personally, I found it to be extremely painful hour. As she continually massages the same area of the foot over and over again. Rather than treating the whole foot.

However another girl on my tour had the foot massage and found it ok, so always depends on who you get - pot luck!

1  Thank SarahItaly2015