“Wanted to give it a try since all the proceeds go to Red Cross but was severely disappointed.”

Lao Red Cross Sauna and Massage
Reviewed 24 March 2017

The sheets on the mattress looked grubby & unchanged. My masseur had very rough hands (could be a new chap) & wore a ring. Due to language constraints, I decided not to ask him to remove his ring. The massage was ok. Suggest that the masseurs wear a Red Cross t-shirt otherwise they look as if they had walked in off the road.

2  Thank CarolChinYY
"support"
"wat"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Cheap, great, relaxing massage for 50k kip. I had an most relaxed hour being massaged on the comfy mattress.

The sauna was great, hot steam sauna and chill lounge area with hot herbal tea for just 15k kip. While in luan prabang u must try this!

1  Thank Arttu L
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We went twice for a massage. First time, best massage ever; second time, different girl, worst massage ever! So I'd say, we didn't dare to go again because the second time was so bad (hence the 2 stars), but if you feel like giving it a try, go ahead and you might be lucky!

2  Thank francescabianca
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I always like to go and support a good community cause. And when I read about it in the LP Laos, I was keen to go try it.

If you've been having having regular foot & leg massages throughout Thailand & Laos, then this will not be like other massages you've experienced.

Shame the girl who treated me, didn't bother to wash my feet at the start :-( So you might want to request this.

It's basically like reflexology. Personally, I found it to be extremely painful hour. As she continually massages the same area of the foot over and over again. Rather than treating the whole foot.

However another girl on my tour had the foot massage and found it ok, so always depends on who you get - pot luck!

1  Thank SarahItaly2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I went at 5pm to be told all slots were filled. I was still able to use the steam room. I was given a pair of shorts to wear and a tiny towel. There are three changing cubicles. You place your possessions in a locker and retain the key. There are two showers come loos, with hot water. The two steam rooms are divided by gender. Women should not be put off going here as there appeared to be almost equals numbers of men and women on the afternoon I went. The steam rooms are tiny, with only enough room for five at a squeeze. They are also incredibly hot so it is not always easy to find somewhere comfortable to sit. After 10 minutes it was nice to go outside and have a mug of hot herbal tea. It was odd that it helped to cool me down. It was a modest 15000 kip (£1.50) to use the facilities.