“Such a tranquil stop”

Ranked #27 of 241 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: USD 3 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Conveniently located on the main boulevard of Luang Prabang’s historic area, open early morning ‘till late at night, Le Bistro Vat Sene (formerly Le Café Ban Vat Sene) is the ideal spot to refresh or refuel yourself at any time of the day. May you need a relaxing haven from a busy day of work or site seeing, it is the ideal stopover! Ideal for breakfast, lunch, tea break, supper or just for cocktails, if you want a more intimate setting, check out our air-conditioned first floor.
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We decided to have a coffee break here and we're not disappointed. The espresso was very creamy and Lao ice tea was a dream! Their staff are really nice and recommended a daily deal with a scone for us. I have to say that the scone with cream (not sure if it was clotted cream) and jam was really nice - having had so many in the UK - I think I can make a decent comparison. The decor is really nice and so is the music. It's a lovely stop to chill out or escape the heat of the day.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this restaurant and ate there a couple of times. I enjoyed their Bun-Free burger, pork loin and Chicken curry. I had a lovely Opera cake that was gluten free for my birthday. Very yummy and not too pricey.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This place just struck me out of the blue while strolling through Mount Phousi lane. The place looked interesting so decided to dine-in here. It has got an interesting decor with a French style. I ordered a vegetarian open sandwich which came with loaded cheese and very few veggies. The taste was decent not too great. The staff was courteous, helpful and welcoming. Overall a decent experience.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Very clean place, the service was great, the food was good.
I can't imagine that i can eat ''une crepe au nutella'' , it was great!
We recommend

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I dined at this restaurant a number if times last August-2018-while staying in Luang Prabang.This is a beautiful place to dine at.The restaurant has a large selection of cakes and the coffee was excellent.The staff were very friendly and seemed to take a genuine interest in the customer...Service was very prompt.I can definitely recommend this place.Worth 10 out of 10.A very relaxing place to visit and to unwind in.

Date of visit: August 2018