“A perfect place for a great meal.”
Review of The Apsara

The Apsara
Ranked #22 of 220 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I have had several lunches and dinners here and consider The Apsara restaurant a real gem in Luang Prabang. The menu is varied but very Asian so one can find something for every taste. The quality of the meals is excellent with very fresh ingredients. I particularly love the Luang Prabang selection of starter and the buffalo cheek in a lightly sweet Tamarind sauce. The charming setting is ideal for a relaxing, romantic or family meal, either in the main building on the riverside. There is an area for a pre or post dinner drink. A place for Asian fusion food with European/American standard.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Place is charming and food was elegant, with excellent service. Ate here several times during my stay. Highly recommended

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Charming and relaxed atmosphere, very attentive service, good selection of cocktails and wines. Does not offer many vegetarian options, but Thai roasted aubergine salad and yellow curry of pumpkin and apple aubergine were superb.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

I was clearly unlucky but I ate here and had a Penang curry swimming in fat and I was unwell in the night.
I did politely complain but was still charged the full amount.. The breakfast is good and the staff very friendly.
My room number 14 was very noisy as its close to the kitchens of the very popular Tamarind restaurant next door and sleep wasnt possible until midnight.
The wifi in my room was poor and in order to book onward tickets I had to go to the lobby.
I did point out when I was checking out that the window in my bathroom was very very grubby and Iwas told it was impossible to clean it.
All in all it just wasnt as good as last time.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

The restaurant is as lovely as its name and the food very delicious. One can have a glass of wine and admire the flowers while waiting to be served.