“Just fabulous”

Blue Lagoon Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 205 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blue Lagoon Restaurant serve a little of everything. We serve Luang Prabang Speciality, Asian dishes, Pasta and also European food
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Had a birthday dinner with my wife and surely, this will be one of the great experiences we take from Laos. Food was top-notch (cold papaya soup was OMG :) and so was the service. Ambience on the terrace was just what we needed for a romantic dinner. I now very much understand why this rates as #4 restaurant in Laos on Trip Advosor. Managed to beat very high expectations!

There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Restaurant

Reviewed 6 April 2015

Recommended by our guide, this was an excellent evening meal out in Luang Prabang. Down a side street it is not the easiest to find but, what a find. Everything about this restaurant is good. The staff were excellent, helpful and with good spoken English. The food was delicious, we sat outside and all in all, we had a great evening. As with many other places in Indo China, the price of the meal and drinks was very reasonable. I would recommend you try this place.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Blue Lagoon offers a variety of western dishes as well as traditional laotian dishes. The dinner setting outdoor and indoor is very beautiful, as well as the lighting in the garden. It wasn't dark but not too bright to ruin the entire atmosphere.

The staffs are well-trained but some of them, especially those at the front door don't speak much english. The menu is translated into english and german so you won't have problem guessing what are you going to eat.

The bread is served warm and herbs butter is very tasty. The herbs add a nice touch to normal butter and bread. They also served a shot of potato soup, pretty good.

I had Luang Prabang specialties which was pretty much like a tasting menu of 4 local dishes: Laab, O Lam, Sai Ua and Mok Pa. The plating was nice. However, the waiter asked me if I wanted some rice or sticky rice to company the dish without telling me that it wasn't included and I ended up paying a bit more for that. So be aware if you don't want to pay for any extra.
My friend had a dish of veal which was also very good.

The dessert was a somehow depressing. I ordered coconut ice-cream. The scoop was small in comparison to the price and nothing special. My friend's banana split was so so.

We ended up paying 422.000 KIP including 2 laotian beers. A bit pricey in comparison to other places in Luang Prabang.

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

After a few well known and high end restaurants in town I was a little sceptical about this one... But well done guys.
Good team of trained waiters, good glassware for a great wine.
And good home style food.
From braised pork neck to rosti it finds the gap and delivers.
Good outdoor and indoor with aircon seating.

1  Thank Geoff1011
Reviewed 4 April 2015

We had dinner here on our final night in Luang Prabang and wish we had been there sooner. The food was amazing, the complimentary breads were some of the freshest we had ever tasted. I had an indian yellow curry and it was on par with some of the finer places we have visited at home in Sydney. Must do in Luang Prabang