“nice concept... however food is average and relatively pricey”
Review of Arisai - CLOSED

Arisai
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2011

love the concept of the restaurant... food was average in comparison to the price which would be one of the most expensive in town, unless comparing to hotel restaurants.

had the antipasto, lamb with cous cous and chicken dish, the rest of the menu didnt appeal to us. It wasnt bad but wasnt great either... serving wasnt generous so lucky there they gave bread to go with the meals!

Nice ambience, simple menu and good wine selection - would appeal to more if price isnt as high and perhaps some more selections

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Staff very casual for a suppossed fance restaurant...chatting to each other etc. Table unlaid. Took my order. Wine very slow to come. Lovely complimentary starter though. Now, this restaurant is pricey for Luang Prabang so especially for a local ex-pat, I expect a lot.

My antipasto starter was advertised as "prosciutto, grilled vegetables, marinated calamari and olives". No calamari and ONE, yes ONE! olive. They were unable to make the necessary changes (apart from offering me one more olive!). So I asked for my main and pased on the platter.

Wild boar stew. Well presented, meat seemed tender on the fork. One bite....it was still cold! Hadn't bene reheated properly! Disgusting (not to mention a health hazard).

I paid for my wine and left in disgust. Never again!

Reviewed 13 September 2011

As with a lot of restaurants in Luang Prabang it doesn't look like much from the front, stepping upstairs you find a beautifully laid out and stylish dining room. The waiters speak very passable English and provide excellent service.

Compared to everywhere else we ate in town this menu is quite expensive (24000 Kip for a large bottle of Beerlao), however the food presented was probably the best we had during our stay, complimented by a above average wine list.

If you're looking to splurge a little while in Luang
Prabang then this might just be the place to do it.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

I was greeted by slouching servers who were more interested in talking to each other and looking at their mobile phones than receiving guests. Service was fast enough, but the vegetarian lasagna I ordered was filled with potatoes and carrots.-.-? Kind of tasted like an under-cooked hashbrown. No recognizable cheese except what was an inpenatrable brown shell on the top. They brought out weird plastic, flickering, fake Chinese "candles" to put on the tables. Just a weird, less-than-pleasant experience all around. Maybe my expectations were too high...

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Arisai is a great little restaurant in the heart of old Luang Prabang. It could just as well be in Aix-en-Provence. The menu featured local ingredients with a French twist and some typical Provençal dishes. Our food looked and tasted great. The wine list had a good balance of Aussie and NZ wines, plus good-value French bottles (and some push-the-boat-out ones, not for us, though). They also had a few wines by the glass.

Service was very friendly, the head waiter knowledgeable and spoke excellent English.

We also liked the decor of the place: A fine balance between international restaurant and local flair. Even the odd, inevitable, gecko on the wall went well with the place...

Definitely a place we'd return to on our next trip to Laos.