All reviews swedish owner urban paulsson swedish beds mekong river adjustable beds in town remote control khan rivers rivers meet dinner reservations hotel owner junior suite other guests well run hotel separate toilet free bicycles i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

It’s the little things that make a great hotel experience. A hotel doesn’t need to be 5 star or $1000 to be a memorable experience. Just great customer service and good accommodation.

Mekong river view has the experience nailed

1. The staff are competent, friendly, ever available and courteous.
2. The rooms are great with a traditional teak experience. My only niggle was the toilet room was a little small in our room
3. Location. This hotel is the opposite end of Luang Prabang so it’s much quieter yet it’s only 2 mins onto the main road of the town. They have a free buggy service and free bikes to get around as well.
4. The attached restaurant serves breakfast with one of the best views in Luang Prabang right by one of the wooden bridges.
5. Free airport pickup
6. Free afternoon cake and tea
7. The rooms have great air con and a great fan so all bases are covered.
8. The owner is friendly and visits with guests

I’ve stayed at 3 different hotels now in the town and will go back to this one for sure. Yes it’s not the boutique contemporary place like vidara but that’s not what I’m coming to Luang Prabang for!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I had booked a deluxe room, but not one with a riverside view as I did not want to spend the extra money. Much to my surprise when we checked in we were told that we were being upgraded to a riverfront room. We were in room 11, near to the lobby, and on the first floor with a very nice patio. Although I was concerned that the room might be noisy given the road in front of the hotel, it turned out to be a great place to stay (with little noise after about 8 pm) as we could sit on our patio and watch the world go by. The views from the hotel are some of the best in Luang Prabang as the hotel is near the confluence of the two rivers. In fact, we had several people stop by to ask us how we had found such a lovely hotel! The room itself was quite nice--large enough, with special Swedish beds that could be made to conform to to your desired sitting/sleeping position. The bathroom was quite spacious, with a separate area for the toilet and a urinal. Breakfast was served in a separate building along the riverfront and was very tasty--you could order eggs, pancakes or a special Asian breakfast. The experience at the hotel was also made special by the owner Urban, who was on site and who personally greeted guests (there was an interesting story about how he came to buy the land for the hotel that I found in a booklet in the room--would recommend reading). My one regret for the stay was that I was not able to join the happy hour to which Urban invited us as I picked up a nasty bug in town one evening and had to spend that day in bed! All in all, a lovely stay in a wonderful town. Highly recommend this hotel for its uniqueness, special setting and lovely decor.

Room Tip: Possibly a second story room would be quieter but patio rooms also nice
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
NoiKeonida, Manager at Mekong Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Fridaysmom

Thank you so much much for writing such a great review and reccomendation, very much appreciated.
As you mention the views here at the hotel are indeed some of, if not the best in town and its great that we were able to upgrade your room so that you could fully experience them whilst sitting out and relaxing on your patio. If available we will always try to upgrade our guests room so they can have the most memorable stay as possible. I'm sorry to hear that you picked up a bug during your time in Luang Prabang and could not join our wine evening, I hope your day was made as comfortable as possible in your own Swedish adjustable bed. Once again many thanks for the review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Large, well equipped rooms, beautiful wooden floors, quirt, extremely helpful and friendly staff. Owner makes a point of greeting everyone. Probably the best view in town. Great breakfast. Everything perfect. Free bikes. Free pick up at the airport and drives into town that is only a few blocks away, anyway

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
NoiKeonida, Manager at Mekong Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Hugo2011

I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that everything within the room's set up went towards making it such a perfect stay for you. We are so lucky here to have, as you mention, truly the best view in town at both the hotel and our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

The rooms are large and spacious. Laundry on-site is a huge plus especially if you are having an active holiday. Location is very convenient. What really stands out though is the staff. They could not be more helpful or service orientated. On arrival the hotel gave me a map of LP with useful places (bank/post-office/markets) and worthwhile restaurants. By and large their recommendations were excellent. I spent 6 days in LP and got an idea from other travelers regarding their accommodations. It seems Mekong Riverview had the best of most worlds.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel for airport pickup. Laundry service is super useful.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael S
NoiKeonida, Manager at Mekong Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Michael S

Thank you very much for your kind words, they are very much appreciated. I'm so happy that everything from our recommendations to the laundry services we provide went in to making your stay with us as special as it was. All the staff take great pride in there customer service standards and your kind feedback will be passed on to them all. All the best with the rest of your travels and hopefully they bring you back to Luang Prabang so we can welcome you back for another stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This place is absolutely adorably perfect and you couldn't ask for a better spot to base from in Luang Prabang. Location is convenient, but quiet. There's coffee and cakes in the lobby. The rooms are comfortable and pretty and mine had a great view of the water, as well as access to a lovely balcony to read on (and look at the river some more) and a gorgeous wooden desk loaded with books about Laos. Soft fluffy robes, slippers, free water and soft drinks. Staff are super-helpful and so kind--they insisted on letting me back into my room to freshen up when I came back to claim my bags (and said if it hadn't been available, they'd have let me use another room). Breakfast is in a gorgeous setting, again overlooking the water and a fantastic menu of options as well as an assortment of breads, fancy yogurts, fruit, etc. The bed is adjustable, if you like that sort of thing, but it's also super comfy with a feather-bed type cover over the mattress. I did flood the bathroom a wee bit taking a shower, so take care, and the toilet has its own room, separate from the sink.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo